TRS19 not working (Macbook Pro)[Solved]

clive990

Oh why oh why do I always do stupid things in my life! I bought a Gold membership (stupid) downloaded Early Access on my MacBook Pro (stupid) And of course it doesn't work properly. Painfully slow, unbelievably laggy and doesn't always even start!
I'll tell you why I didn't wait until SP3 was available.......because I'm stupid!
Actually, I downloaded it because I already have T:ANE which works extremely well but I can't buy any new content because the game thinks I'm in China and can't use their App Store even though my store is in the UK. Both Apple and Auran are still scratching their heads! So! If anyone has any ideas about anything I've just said, apart from calling me 'stupid', you can find me and wake me up in room 101 of my local Institution!
Cheers guys! xx

MacBook Pro .. Painfully slow, unbelievably laggy

Which generation of MacBook Pro is this, and what (out-of-game) graphical settings are you using? Specifically, what are your Shadows, Materials, and Water settings?

.. and doesn't always even start!

Any other info you could give us here? Are you seeing some kind of error message? Does the app show in the Dock? Are you seeing the launcher window but unable to enter the game, or is it not even bringing up the launcher? Does rebooting resolve that issue, or can you determine any other differences between the cases where "it does work" and where "it doesn't start"?

kind regards,

chris

Hi Chris. I'm using the latest and greatest MacBook Pro. T:ANE works perfectly except for the purchasing problem I mentioned above. I'm using the same settings for TRS19. The App is in the dock, I can use the Launcher, rebooting doesn't solve the problem. The main issue is that the game is behaving as if my computer can't cope with it. T:ANE works, so this should work too? I appreciate that this is an early version of the game, but I think it should at least look and behave like T:ANE. Am I right?
Thanks for your attention to this
Clive

Give The Developers Time to Fix the "Glitches"!
We are an "instant Gratification Culture'...
"Slow down on Expectations"

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't shout at me! When I've just paid $150 and they told me Early access will work just fine. It's just a tweak here and there and more content coming. I was expecting a better game even at this stage. Thank you!

The short answer is that if TANE is running fine, then TRS19 should be running fine.

Other Mac users report much better performance and no-one reported problems described during beta testing, so we need to find out what is different in your case.

Currently we have the following relevant information:
1. It doesn't work properly.
>> what are the symptoms?

2. Painfully slow, unbelievably laggy
>> What are your performance settings? Is this in the main menu? Does a blank Create Route baseboard have the same problem? Try reducing everything to minimum - does this resolve the problem?

3. and doesn't always even start!
>> What happens when it doesn't start? What error message appears? If it crashes, please provide the crash report.

4. What version of OSX are you using?

5. What is your Graphics card?

Hi Chris. I'm using the latest and greatest MacBook Pro. T:ANE works perfectly except for the purchasing problem I mentioned above. I'm using the same settings for TRS19.

I'm running TRS19 on a 2010 iMac, so there's no question that your current-gen MacBook Pro CAN run the software with reasonable performance. That said, there are a few things to be aware of:

1. Mac GPUs tend to be underpowered, as do laptop GPUs in general. Even with an up-to-date MacBook Pro, you may not be able to run with settings maxed out.

2. You mention that your settings are "the same as T:ANE" but this isn't really meaningful. TRS19 has a number of performance-relevant settings which simply didn't exist in T:ANE. You might want to have a closer look at these, and either try adjusting your settings, or at least let us know what settings you are choosing to use.

3. Even with the same generation of MacBook Pro, GPU performance can vary a fair bit across the family. For example, the base 13" configuration still ships with an Intel Iris GPU, which isn't a gaming GPU and won't give good performance (you can probably still run Trainz on that, but you're likely going to have to turn down the settings a lot).

cheers,

chris

Thank you, Chris. I'm changing the settings and there is a little improvement as I go along. But at this stage, T:ANE looks and feels much much better. I'll do everything you and others have said. There are no error messages so I'll just keep tweaking until I can live with it and just hope when it's officially released, it'll be just fine. I still feel an idiot for spending $150 at this stage. Cheers everybody!

I'll do everything you and others have said. There are no error messages so I'll just keep tweaking until I can live with it and just hope when it's officially released, it'll be just fine.

I would stress that we're not expecting major performance changes between now and release. If we uncover a previously-unknown issue, we will of course endeavour to fix that rapidly, but we're fairly happy with performance overall and don't have any current plans to change things in that area. Based on the little information we have from you so far, I'm expecting to find that you've simply got your settings up too high for the class of hardware that you're using, but please do let us know how you go over the next day or so in case it turns out to be something different.

thanks,

chris

I can't get the program to load. I have a MacBook Pro with High Sierra when I try the installer I get this.
6d0fe952-d91d-40e6-bfe3-ac259a63d49e

This is what error misg said. "TRS19-Installer.app" is damaged and can't be open. You should move it to Trash

Cancel button and Move to Trash button

I have downloaded this app four time and on different browser, same.

I had the same message. It’s ok. That file is just for future updates. Just drag the icon into a folder of your choice and continue installing the game. It’ll be ok.

I think the 'damaged' error message is actually a result of the OSX security checking. Rather than double clicking on the installer, try right clicking and then select 'Open.' You'll get a security warning message but you should, if I recall correctly, be able to proceed.

John

I've got the same problem, I just got a new MacBook Pro myself, and every time I try playing Trainz on it, whether it's 2019 or A New Era, it gives terrible performance.

Back