User Account Control has been disabled

Windows 10 Defender did a routine scan and tells me that my "User Account Control has been disabled".

I can't recall ever actively disabling UAC, but should I enable it? What troubles can I expect if I leave it disabled, or conversely, what annoyances can I expect if I enable UAC?

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm the only person who uses this PC and the only person in the house.

I'd turn it back on and run whatever scans you can. Changing that level of protection is supposed to need deliberate admin action.

During the last major Windows update, some of my settings including timeouts all got reset to original values. UAC wasn't one of them.

Thanks Paul, I will enable it and see what gives.

EDIT: Weird. When I looked this time, there was no UAC warning, so I guess Windows 10 healed itself (?).

Last edited:
Windows 10 Defender did a routine scan and tells me that my "User Account Control has been disabled".

I can't recall ever actively disabling UAC, but should I enable it? What troubles can I expect if I leave it disabled, or conversely, what annoyances can I expect if I enable UAC?

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm the only person who uses this PC and the only person in the house.

Your Computer Has Been Updated!

For your entertainment, certain system settings have been randomized. Guess which ones!

---Microsquish

>:B~(

Back