Session Issues

ramdude

Just purchased TRS19 last night and am loving it so far. My issue is that whenever starting a session on any route except Kickstarter 2, it puts me in the middle of nowhere. When I do finally find the train I am supposed to be on it I can select it but it wont let me do anything and it says no train selected in the corner. I have checked for missing assets ect., but nothing seems to work. Anyone else having these issues or know a fix for it?

Thanks Shane! Yes I have downloaded all DLC and have gone back and rechecked all content for the routes. T:ANE is installed via Steam where this isnt if that makes any difference as far as pulling some assets from the previous game?

It shouldn't make any difference on that front as DLC content downloads from N3V's servers rather than the Steam ones from memory.

Which route(s) have you encountered it on so far (I've also got TRS19 so can have a look on mine)?

Shane

So far all of them except for the new Kickstarter 2 route. I can quick drive on any of them but trying to do any preset sessions dont work. Should I just try uninstalling and re installing?

Did any of them come with instruction boxes? I know one I've just tried required me to manually allocate the driver to the train.

Shane

Yes most tell me what I am to do as if I am already on the train, I am rebuilding my database now and cleared my logs. I will try and start one and then post the log to see if that helps.

I have the same issue. In all ex-Built-In T:ANE sessions, you start in the middle of nowhere, have to locate your train, and manually attach your driver to your train. Not only that, but you have to do the same for all AI drivers as well. In addition, the Central Portal Control and Un-Portal assets fail to recognize any portals on the route; this is most prevalent on Phil Skene's T:ANE routes that make heavy use of CPC.

Something went wrong on N3V's part. I'm assuming they didn't even bother beta-testing the T:ANE content in TRS19. If they did, they would've seen these issues straight away.

Last edited:
Well my pre-TRS19 routes, some going back to TRS2004 imported and apart from some missing and faulty items, the routes worked just fine during the beta testing. I didn't try to import built-in routes, what's the point, but N3V have said that not all of the built-in items from TANE have been transferred to TRS19 yet so put those routes in the siding for now. Plenty of other things to enjoy in the meantime.

Last edited:
Also just noticed I only have 2 of the new TRS19 routes, not sue if the others arent included yet due to being early release. The 2 I have are Kickstarter 2 and Niddertalbahn and Niddertalbahn errors out like above.

Also just noticed I only have 2 of the new TRS19 routes, not sue if the others arent included yet due to being early release. The 2 I have are Kickstarter 2 and Niddertalbahn and Niddertalbahn errors out like above.

Go into content manager and click on Faulty.

You want to check missing dependencies. If any are marked missing dependencies, right click and choose download. This will bring any not-included assets into the program that are not packaged with the DLC as well as some updated content as well.

This has fixed some of my routes which I imported and downloaded that had some missing dependencies, hopefully this will help you as well.

As of right now the only true TRS19 route i have is Kickstarter County 2. N3V stated on the TRS19 webpage that the other five routes would be released "throughout the Early Access period", which i take to mean every few weeks we'll get another new route to look over.

Well my pre-TRS19 routes, some going back to TRS2014 imported and apart from some missing and faulty items, the routes worked just fine during the beta testing.

Cool.

(Also, could you explain what this "TRS2014" is you keep referring to? Do you mean T:ANE?)

I didn't try to import built-in routes, what's the point...

Yeah, i didn't import the built-in routes either...as if by "import" you mean package up the T:ANE routes and transfer them into TRS19. One of the selling points of TRS19 is that you got all of your T:ANE and TMR17 routes free of charge if you already own them, which i do. When i opened TRS19 for the first time, most of them immediately downloaded as if they were DLC, as they should have. The fact that their sessions (NOT the routes themselves) flat-out do not work means N3V didn't bother testing these assets in TMR17.

...but N3V have said that not all of the built-in items from TANE have been transferred to TRS19 yet so put those routes in the siding for now. Plenty of other things to enjoy in the meantime.

Oh, right, sorry for actually wanting to use my T:ANE content in TRS19.

Look, i understand TRS19 is in Early Access/Beta at the moment, but that doesn't mean i'm not allowed to point out obvious problems and glitches. All i can say is that i really hope these problems are fixed by the time TRS19 releases for real.

Hi,
The KS2 route and sessions were part of the Beta testing and, at the last version, all worked properly. ( I did text them - except the multiplayer sessions).

One thing that we had to do (in beta) as to force a download - clear your username & password, then re-enter them. This triggered an update.
Maybe this would help?

Maybe a quick email to support...
Colin

One thing that we had to do (in beta) as to force a download - clear your username & password, then re-enter them. This triggered an update.
Maybe this would help?

Well well well...apparently this fixed all the problems with most of the ex-T:ANE sessions. Drivers are attached to their trains, CPC works as it should...no idea why clearing my username and password fixed them, but hey, i won't complain too much...

...although the Bea-Dawe sessions from TMR2017 are still pretty buggy.

Yes - best to leave TRS2019 in 'Compatibility Mode' for the time being. Many legacy items won't work well in Performance mode.

Back