TRS2019 and frame rates

WYO

WYO Route Builder
When I first got T:ane, I cranked up all the sliders to max and then ran my test route and, as expected, got about 5 fps. I just did the same with 2019 and got 7 spf. That is not a typo, I got a frame every 7 seconds. Do you think I need a new video card?:hehe:

WYO

There is about a 200x difference between the lowest settings and highest settings.

That's why we're provided a configurator at startup so you know which settings are best for your hardware.

For those interested in seeing which settings they would be using for their hardware, check these two links:

Comparison shots at various settings:
http://www.trainzportal.com/blog/view/trs2019-hardware-requirements

Performance configurator:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/TRS19#Performance_Configurator

What graphics card do you have?

I'm using nVidia gtx 770, shaders on ultra, medium shadow, high water and on most routes I get 40-60fps.
The ECML is an exception, however, once into the countryside, it gets 30fps.

One tip I learnt, add the user n3v folder to your exception list of the virus checker. That speeder up things a lot.

Colin

What graphics card do you have?

I'm using nVidia gtx 770, shaders on ultra, medium shadow, high water and on most routes I get 40-60fps.
The ECML is an exception, however, once into the countryside, it gets 30fps.

One tip I learnt, add the user n3v folder to your exception list of the virus checker. That speeder up things a lot.

Colin

Thanks for the tip, Colin, I'll try that when I get to my Trainz machine.

I have a GT630, which was fine at the time I purchased it but that was two computer builds ago. The video card was the next thing I was going to upgrade but life got in the way somehow so it didn't happen. It works fine for both T:ane and 2019 if I keep the sliders down, low shaders, low shadows, low water etc. but clutter and turffx on. I get about 30 fps unless there is a lot of build up, then it drops to 20 or so. I can live with it until such time as I can get an upgrade.

Tony, I was aware that my gpu was somewhat less than optimal for 2019 and I have used the configurator but I was curious as to how 2019 compared with T:ane. I found out!

Thanks to everybody.

WYO

Something that has been true since Trainz first got on the tracks, hardware matters, especially the GPU. Unless you've got the umph, graphic performance ain't gonna happen.
With a GTX 1070Ti, V-synch at half and all sliders maxed, Profiler shows a steady 30 fps.

For comparison:-
Intel i5-4670K @3.4 GHz (this version may be overclocked)
8 Gb ram
Win 10 build 1803
GeForce GTX 770 @1045 Mhz - 4Mb RAM driver 398.82 (performance setting)
"standard" hard disc
Trend Antivirus.

trainz settings:-
Full screen (1920x1080 @60Hz)
Shadow - medium
Shadow resolution 2048
Shader quality Ultra
texture detail Normal
Postprocessing Low
Water quality High
Detail scenery Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing 4x
Detail update rate high

using 4000m draw distance.

I ran KickStarter County sessions in both TANE and TS19 with as near identical settings as possible. The frame rates for TS19 were approx. 20% better than the same route & session in TANE.
For once, the newer version has better fps than the old!

If I look at the task manager, the CPU isn't used at 100%, but the graphics card is getting up that end - which is why its cooling fans spool up (the GPS Card came with fan controller software)

The other noticeable feature in the early betas was that there was less jerkiness than TANE.

Cheers,

Colin

1080 (stock)
i6700K @ 4.2Ghz
3440x1440 or 2560x1080 yields:

20s @ ultra @3440x1440
30s @ ultra @2560x1080

I do dial back the shadows to high however. Once my RTX2080ti shows up I'm hoping to lock in @ complete ultra and be back at 3440x1440

I did do the userbench but I've been running VR and flight sims for the past 1.5 years so kind of knew where my system would struggle and adjusted accordingly. 1080 is definitely at 100% utilization. I want the 2080ti for the 20x on ray trace (not games, iray). I think it will help here.

Back