DLS Items

smyers

Hello All,
I'm fairly new to Trainz so I may have missed any comment on how one accesses their previously D/Led content from the Download Station. Will we have to re-download everything again? All those routes, davesnow stuff, stock, scenery items and of course your clones and re-paints etc, etc. Items from 3rd party can be re-installed with the*.cdp, I would think.
Many Thanks,
smyers

You can export them to a .cdp then import them to get them from one copy to another. If you are just moving drives copying the entire folder over works fine.

Cheerio John

Thanks, guys. It doesn't look like transfering assets will be easy or convenient regardless. The *.cdp approach looks easiest but the help page recommends a 500mb limit for file size. Those of you vets with tens of thousands of assets may find that limiting to say the least. Some of the other methods seem like file copying scenarios from DOS 2.0. Watching Approach Medium's live stream among the first issues discussed was the usual "unknown assets" in the new sim. On the other hand, it looks like many older assets just won't do in TRS2019 anyway.

Best,
smyers

Back