1st impressions

I notice when i'm in building a route the picture gets bright and dim when I do a 360 or zoom out and in. Any thoughts?
Alco_P-A

Think that's all down to this new lighting arrangement. As pointed out to me when I mentioned the awful contrast at default settings, you need to do some serious adjustment to get lighting conditions you, a. Are able to work in and, b. Run the route with the more life like graphics that are appearing in screenshots.

N3V definitely need to think about toning down the default before the final release. It would also be useful if there was some means of saving the environment settings from one route to another to avoid having to faff around with the colour dials and brightness slider.

Hi guys. Sorry for my rant the other day. I’m a little embarrassed now. However I do agree with mrjunction. The feel of T:ANE is so much more superior. And I hardly had to tweak anything upon original install. I really agree with the driver issues. In T:ANE we can use F6 to banish them but on TS19 we can’t. Has anyone found a way? Although my settings have improved the gameplay, im still hugely disappointed with this

F6 does not seem to do anything at present in Ts2019. I just remapped the key, but still the same. Perhaps a bug?
F5 removes the UI in Driver from the screen. Maybe use that in the mean time.

Last edited:

N3V definitely need to think about toning down the default before the final release. It would also be useful if there was some means of saving the environment settings from one route to another to avoid having to faff around with the colour dials and brightness slider.
Would be nice but unless you're simulating the same area during the same time of year, the environment settings would have to be adjusted anyway. But still a nice to have option

Would be nice but unless you're simulating the same area during the same time of year, the environment settings would have to be adjusted anyway. But still a nice to have option

Maybe this could be tied into the region settings and even the world origin, because this would definitely make a big difference in lighting and even water color. The lighting for example for us living in the northern hemisphere closer to the arctic, has much softer lighting contrasts than those closer to the Equator.

Sadly this is probably too complex, or add in yet another layer to something that's already too complex to begin with.

F6 does not seem to do anything at present in Ts2019. I just remapped the key, but still the same. Perhaps a bug?
F5 removes the UI in Driver from the screen. Maybe use that in the mean time.

TRS19 is an early release version (i.e. a beta) and not all the features have been enabled. The F6 key could be one of those.

TRS19 is an early release version (i.e. a beta) and not all the features have been enabled. The F6 key could be one of those.

I know it is an "early release version". Yes, could still be on the to do list, may be a bug too ;)

Last edited:
The new menu has certainly killed off the "I hate the Green routes" posts.
YESSSSS!

My first impression? Blown away! This "pre-release" is SO far ahead of where T:ANE was at this time that I am blown away. The game play using the same configuration as I used for T:ANE is so much better that it is actually playable. The spits and starts of T:ANE are no longer there. I also love the improved interface, AND the way I can get back to my "collection." Too bad we can't select between outdoors and indoors, though; that would be a nice feature for a toggle switch.

I'm glad I stepped up to the Gold level for a year. I look forward to getting back into trainzing (in competition with my woodshop)!

Back