Switch control from DCC to realistic mode in driver session?

JerseySeven

Newbie question:

For sessions that automatically start in DCC mode, other than editing the session and adding a control type rule, is there any easier way to switch to realistic mode? <T:ANE SP3>.

Thanks folks!

The Quick Drive Rule (not to be confused with the Quick Drive session) can be set to not switch and only give you the type of controls you wish.

You configure this while editing and the session.

Click on the route at the main menu.
Click on View Sessions.
Click on a session for that route if there are any, except for the Quick Drive which doesn't save any options. If you don't have a session for the route, create one.
Click on Driver Setup at the top bar. (I think that's what it's called - going from memory).
Click on Session Rules.

You'll see a list of stuff such as Custom HUD, etc.
Click on Quick Drive.
Click edit and choose your options.

Close, the window.
Save and give it a try.

Note: There is a bug which is known and will be fixed at some point, where a saved in-progress driving session does not keep this and you have to use the Quick Drive and choose the options, but if you're going to drive and not save, you'll be fine.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums and to T:ANE.

Last edited:
Newbie question:

For sessions that automatically start in DCC mode, other than editing the session and adding a control type rule, is there any easier way to switch to realistic mode? <T:ANE SP3>.

Thanks folks!

Yes - when the session starts, just click on the "Userrules" menu along the top. When the window opens you'll be able to select realistic drive. - Note - if the session creator has locked the setting to one type of control you won't be able to change it.

And in case TRS19 users read this - click the 3 small buttons next to the driver controls to cycle from DCC > Cab > Command.

And in case TRS19 users read this - click the 3 small buttons next to the driver controls to cycle from DCC > Cab > Command.

Funny you should mention this here... When I was first responding, I pointed out the 3-dots on the right then deleted it when I reread his post - I had gotten a phone call in between initial read and posting. :)

Yes - when the session starts, just click on the "Userrules" menu along the top. When the window opens you'll be able to select realistic drive. - Note - if the session creator has locked the setting to one type of control you won't be able to change it.

Wow, that's great! I had clicked on "User rules" and just saw "Quick Drive" and thought it was not what I wanted to do. Thanks much.

And Tony - yes that is a nice feature of TRS19. I saw those dots in the driver controls this morning and was subsequently puzzled as to why T:ANE did not have a similar feature. Now, thanks to you all I know the trick!

Hi...the new Track Profile feature provides a brand new way to view the track ahead of you, showing you the grades ahead along with a variety of track features.
The features shown on the track profile can be customized by right-clicking on the track, and then selecting the features you would like to see.
You can also zoom in and out to show more, or less, of the track depending on the speed you're traveling at or the density of trackside objects ahead of you. Looking at the tracks ahead was made possible because of great hardware design and nice pcb assembly.

Last edited:
Hi...the new Track Profile feature provides a brand new way to view the track ahead of you, showing you the grades ahead along with a variety of track features.
The features shown on the track profile can be customised by right-clicking on the track, and then selecting the features you would like to see.
You can also zoom in and out to show more, or less, of the track depending on the speed you're travelling at or the density of trackside objects ahead of you.
You can zoom this profile? Fascinasting...

maruffijd -
You can zoom this profile? Fascinasting...
Yes - Select the profile line with your mouse pointer and use your mouse wheel to zoom in or out...

Add my thanks - I also did not know about that zoom feature. Each discovery adds to the enjoyment.:Y:

Zoom feature is really handy when you're in a yard with lots of switches ahead and when you've added junction indicators to the profile display.

Back