What forum should be used to get help with TRS 2019 - I have some questions

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
I have been using TRS 2019 for several hours now and need some help pertaining to Turffx and the effects layer.

The content samples #1 route has several turffx effect layers. What is the secret in making these Turffx layers available in other routes. I have read the help page several times but it is not clear to me how to load any assets into the layer table on a new route.

That's a bummer. This means you have to recreate effects layers for each and every route you have. It would really be nice if you could create a master set of effect layers that could be imported into all the routes. It should work like the favorites or picklists which are available in surveyor for all routes.

That's a bummer. This means you have to recreate effects layers for each and every route you have. It would really be nice if you could create a master set of effect layers that could be imported into all the routes. It should work like the favorites or picklists which are available in surveyor for all routes.

We asked for this during the beta!

We also asked for some preset values too that we could pull from a menu, which we could then tweak or use as an example to create our own. That too fell on deaf ears and was balked!

Maybe these will show up in some version someday.

I’m afraid that the current implementation of TurfFX will limit its usage with many people. It is just too much work to re-create a set of various items for each route even if you have the patience to wade through all the tutorials and figure out how to make it work. It’s a great feature but very clumsily implemented.

i am going to try something different in the next several days to see if works. Create a one baseboard route with several TurfFX layers. Then see if I can merge an existing route into this one baseboard. Will the layers on the one baseboard route now be avaialable on the rest of the merged route. If so this might be a solution to the problem, even if it is a clumsy work around. It would be like making a template that could then be bolted onto all my routes.

Any thoughts on this idea being a workable solution.

So with TRS2019 (sort of) live, why is there still no dedicated forum, somewhere above TMR in the hierarchy I would imagine?

view
view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ohh2BWAKKgl59LutooLzYraqytBoFZcb/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone know if there's an option to keep the button for the Train Edit Panel on the right side like there was in TANE?

Train tab is now in the top menubar. We will be adding hotkey support for this.

I'm currently using build 100240 (no gold or silver m-ship). Since this reply (#10) - timestamp 23th August last year - has passed already a couple of days, I'd like to ask politely if there is already an estimate re. release date for the hotkey support or the like available. ... Or even a rebirth of the good old T:ANE feature? ...

_______
Josef

Back