Playing with fire!

JonMyrlennBailey

Here I have a small grass fire up on a piney mesa. Note the rural fire engines and the firemen figures. I sprayed a patch of ground with a coal-looking texture. I randomly rotated some Ground Fire objects. For more smoke contrast, I randomly buried some campfire content from 1 to 2 meters deep. The fire damage is minimum as the firemen got to the scene in a hurry. Without the flames, I could just have the campfires buried underground so the smoke rises above the surface as if the area is just smoldering as if the firemen almost got the fire put out completely.

Here is a real-word model train layout mocking a forest fire scene. If I were to have a real smoke setup on a physical layout, I would have to have proper ventilation and non-toxic smoke. My locos would also have to burn non-toxic smoke. I think this layout in Colorado uses a steam generator under a porous surface to produce the smoke. Steam is a clean visual effect. Trainz is almost as fun as a physical model RR but not nearly as expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElclFAg59RY

2wqano6.jpg

Last edited:
Back