Trainz Early Access - Details Page

i've just bought and installed the 70$ version of 2019. i'm showing that i'm using version 96000. i don't see a way to update -- if in fact i'm supposed to update from 96000? changing patch 'stream' to beta or whatever offered no update. thanks.

mikemike - 96000 is the public Early Access version, so you're on the right build.
If you want to see what improvements are in the wing, however, you might like to consider changing your download stream to 'TRS19 Beta' and try the latest patch version, 97271.
It offers many improvements - but includes Assertion Dialogs to help direct QA and Devs' attention to any bugs you might encounter with the beta build.

thanks. to change to beta download stream, is that through the patcher? and, that would be downloading to a new file location, yes?

Suggest copy your installed version of TRS 2019 Early Access (Build 96000) in its entirety to another back-up hard disk drive first. Make sure to include any User Data folders as well.

Then patch over the original on your current hosting drive, by changing the patch stream to 'TRS19 beta' and clicking on 'Continue'...
By patching your original build whilst having a backup copy safely stored elsewhere, you have the luxury of being able to go back to the Public build if, for any reason, things don't work out for you with the beta version.

(BTW - you'll probably have to patch more than once to get to the current Build 97271 - there were a couple of interim beta versions between that and 96000).

That said, I'm delighted with the performance and appearance of the latest beta build - and would not go back 'for quids'!

Last edited:
Hi all. I just returned to Trainz after a LONG layoff. I must admit to being initially confused by the purchase screen, but soon nutted it out. Purchased the game using the old fashioned method as both the Silver and Gold memberships implied previous ownership of the game, which I found to be somewhat confusing. Any way I have a FCT from many years ago that I will activate soon.
I did notice that TRS2019 supports the Rail driver but can't find any information regarding this. Have I missed something?
It's good to be back again, feels like family.

... as a betatester i also bought the official "early access"-version 96000 ... both versions same installdisc, different userdatapath ...
... betaversion 95955 is not possible to update :

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

pc_ace: changing the patch stream to 'TRS19 beta' and clicking on 'Continue'...
.. so there must be another way ... which i cannot find .. because normally it shows as: "patch available" ...

what to do in this case to upgrade my betaversion 95955 into the latest 97271 ?
grtz
daveric

Perhaps at some point you will have to organize the scatter-shot of information on your product. Look at the issues in this thread. Remember, as you were taught, you should be more concerned about the customers who remain silent and move on as they hit the items mentioned above. Those people not only remove revenue they also never tell you why.

Glossy adverts get them in the door but the messy process does not retain them.

Or we can work on making the product better right now, then working on documentation and marketing later. It's easy to say "put it all in one place" and it is a goal for certain. Pushing back the release until the everything is documented and neat and tidy is beyond our current resources.

The wiki is editable by Trainz Community members and a few members spend a bunch of time making things better (and we welcome their help!). Dick, perhaps given your interest in improving things in this area, you could spend time working toward that goal.

While many industries have a hard time documenting their products and processes, the IT sector seems to really have this problem. And while the users, even "expert ones" can maintain a wiki, they are still looking in from the outside, sometimes just guessing based of what they see. Only the developer, knowing how it was built can really know if the results are by design or not.

While, you can always demonstrate that time needs to be spend
making the product better right now
, tomorrow always brings more work to make the product better so documentation gets pushed even further down the line.

I still have that set of wonderful Trainz manuals from TRS2004, printed, bound and well thumbed. Because of them, I was able to quickly learn many of the nuances and even jumped into simple object creation. True, it was a simpler time but oh for something similar today. I feel it would be time and effort well spent if only to prevent misunderstanding and to have a better user experience.

Hello! What i wanna say... I've updated my TRS 2019 to build 97420, and i'm shocked! As you remember, i wrote in the bug report about disappearing splines. And they already don't disappear! Finally!!!
Many thanks Tony Hilliam and team of creators! Great job!
And i hope that after release of the official patch, also will be everything cool!

In addition to our TRS19 FAQ page we have created a page with details of TRS19 Early Access and Gold Membership.

If you have questions after visiting these pages, please let us know here.

Just what I wanted to say. When I think of the hundreds of hours spent on developing TANE i felt really sad about the new financial arrangements for 19. The price of "Gold" is too expensive by half. Not clear when the model allows for us plebs to access the latest release but its got to be sufficiently far away to make the "Gold" customers feel that they are getting extra value for the high premium they pay.

I rarely run trains as a real life sim but spend all my time on the Surveyor building scenery so "Gold" does nothing for me until I can access the latest version.

Although I praise 19 to all my frieds I also tell them that the graphics are still very unsophisticated compared with virtually all other games available today

Hi all
This morning I had a nice surprise as I started Trainz: All the DLC I had down loaded (Gold class member) but were missing, were being downloaded
Thanks for fixing the DLC' s programming bugs

Last edited:
Hi
I have dowloaded buid 106136 and it tells me when I load a route (UMR 2020) "Trainz has encountered the following error" but nevertheless I can play on it

Hi
I have dowloaded buid 106136 and it tells me when I load a route (UMR 2020) "Trainz has encountered the following error" but nevertheless I can play on it

It's a Beta build so you will get messages like that, mostly it's safe enough to ignore them and continue. You can check in the the correct thread for the current Plus beta and see if anyone else is having the same problem https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157068-Trainz-Plus-Beta-106136-ready-for-testing.

Back