Trainz Early Access - Details Page

I just love the subscription thing. I just have one question. If I spend for example 6 montha with a gold subscription and then I purchase TRS2019, will the DLC items from the subscription be mine? Thanks

Wow, folks are really jumping off the bridge over this subscription thing -- Tony, John, and among others have clearly stated how it works! Still, I don't get what's the big fuss about it, since every company here and there today have a subscription method these days --- Disney, for example, a billion dollar corporation will begin their subscription Netflix-like service next year, and they don't need the money, unlike N3V, they need to make revenues somewhere!

Ish :wave:

Clearly it wasn't stated all that clearly because there are many incorrect impressions and confusion in the forums.

Hi, I'm a new user overall, but I have been waiting for a sim where I can build & run (a la Arma3) trains for a long time and just found Trainz about a month ago. So for me after buying TANE and making the leap for TRS19 (gold) I hope that after having a membership for a time I do get to opt out and keep the game. That's what it kind of sounded like to me when I read through it. However I will confess, I did not read through the entire agreement.

However, I do like what I see so far. And I feel that I can hopefully now start my NYC/NJC rail line.

Hi guys,

Here's my two bobs worth.

Silly me thought this subscription was a great idea until I realised I lived in Australia and all prices advertised were for US$.
The Trainz Shop doesn't even have the AUD$ prices converted over yet for any of the subscription packages.

On top of that the Discount Code we are suppose to use for the FCT credit doesn't even show up where it should show.
Lucky in a sense, otherwise I would have signed up for Gold already and then found out the prices were all wrong. Ahh duhhh...

Gold packages in Australia would cost approx AUD $20.43 per month or $245.16 per year. It was a shame the Trainz team didn't think about their own Aussie customers.

Still I guess that with the AUD$ 2.72 discount for the FCT and if you purchase your Gold Class on an annual basis the cost would be AUD $171.68 which equates to just AUD $3.30 per week.
Mind you these prices still need to be confirmed by the Trainz Team as no AUD prices have been set as far as I can see. So really what can you buy now days for $3.30 per week - LOL

I myself think I'll just order the normal Trainz 2019 retail package for AUD$ 95.41 - I still have 2 years worth of FCT's and will purchase DLC content when I need it. (On Sale)

I can see that maybe the Gold Subscription would be very appealing to a newcomer as you would get quite a few benefits. But for us old salty's, that own most of what is available already, the Gold Subscription just gives us early access, which with a bit of patience I think we can do without - LOL

Can't wait to get my official copy of TRS19, I wait with baited breath.

Good work team.

Cheers
John

Still I guess that with the AUD$ 2.72 discount for the FCT and if you purchase your Gold Class on an annual basis the cost would be AUD $171.68 which equates to just AUD $3.30 per week.
Mind you these prices still need to be confirmed by the Trainz Team as no AUD prices have been set as far as I can see. So really what can you buy now days for $3.30 per week - LOL

$170 is about what I paid yesterday subject to the vagaries of the exchange rate. $3.30 is about 3/4 of the price of a coffee and I usually have one of those per day. Trainz lasts longer than a coffee.

Unfortunately the $A is down a bit at the moment. Maybe it will be better next week....

After the political turmoil of today, probably not!

The "..." at the end of my post meant I was trying to keep politics out of the answer. At least on the weekends the politicians mostly go home and leave Canberra to the ordinary folk who live here.

Just stepped back into Trainz with this release. Normally I loath subscriptions but in this case it allows me early access and other items that may or may not be of value to me. It will become apparent quickly if I want to continue the subscription. I would have preferred $12/mo but right now I am not on a fixed income and $14.99 is initially worth it to "check it out", instead of $70. I'm also hoping that any subscription service will spur higher quality content. I left after TS12 because I just felt the content needed a lot of help - no offense to the content creators. With Gold I don't even have to question "do I have access to this?". FCTs were painful.

I bought the regular version as I don't use DLC's. It probably won't run well on my computer and a new computer will have to wait till I get my liver transplant, if I survive. If not my grandkids can play with it someday. Anyway, A new PC is probably 6 months to a year away.:)
Cheers

I bought the regular version as I don't use DLC's. It probably won't run well on my computer and a new computer will have to wait till I get my liver transplant, if I survive. If not my grandkids can play with it someday. Anyway, A new PC is probably 6 months to a year away.:)
Cheers

Off topic but hey ---

Hello Ceebee, sir

I spend 4+ months in a hospital bed this year, and got back home in June, so good luck, sir, wishing u all the blessings in the world for that liver transplant goes well -- Please keeps up dated if u don't mind, and if something happens, I hope someone tell us -- You've been here since day 1!

Ok, guys, u can continue on topic --- thanks for understanding!
Ish

Off topic but hey ---

Hello Ceebee, sir

I spend 4+ months in a hospital bed this year, and got back home in June, so good luck, sir, wishing u all the blessings in the world for that liver transplant goes well -- Please keeps up dated if u don't mind, and if something happens, I hope someone tell us -- You've been here since day 1!

Ok, guys, u can continue on topic --- thanks for understanding!
Ish

Thanks Ish my friend :) I'm also very glad you pulled through. You've been here a long time as well. I will endeavour to keep everyone informed and in the event of my passing my dearest wife Ginny will let you know. There's a pretty good success rate so as long as I make it to the surgery I have a good chance. At this time I have no idea how long the wait will be But I intend to make it :)

Thanks Ish my friend :) I'm also very glad you pulled through. You've been here a long time as well. I will endeavour to keep everyone informed and in the event of my passing my dearest wife Ginny will let you know. There's a pretty good success rate so as long as I make it to the surgery I have a good chance. At this time I have no idea how long the wait will be But I intend to make it :)

Thanks for your post, sir -- I have another surgery myself, in October it seems!

And yeah, been here since 2 day! :wave:

And like you, sir, I don't use DLC's -- I got a few routes here and there on sale just to throw N3V a bone, but I'm sitting back waiting for a Trainz 2019 box version to add to my trainz box collections!

Take Care, sir
Ish

Last edited:

Stick around indeed CB, you don't have the token for that block of track.

Best wishes to CeeBee and ish6. There's a lot of ageing and infirm members on Trainz (including myself), but I, respectfully, believe it would be best if we now concentrate on TRS19 on this thread.

Personally, I have a lot of DLCs from TANE backwards (and probably don't need many others, so far) and all the TANE ones (and many of the older ones?) will be carried forward into TRS19 in any case. I already have all DLC (I want) that are offered up front on TRS19 (in Gold or traditional buy).

If I were on the GOLD subscription service, I would probably buy (at the 25% discount) many of the new DLCs I wanted, but I would need to be SURE that all those I bought (including those under the GOLD subscription) would remain mine in perpetuity for use in TANE (or in TRS19 if I bought it outright). I am NOT here referring to the content vault offerings (if I understand the system).

I hope this doesn't cause even more confusion.

Also, I would like to mention a couple of GPU points.
Firstly I'd like to fly the AMD GPU flag as I have an R9 290 (ASUS R9290-DC2OC-4GD5) and don't want AMD ignored.

Secondly, I'd like to know if ray-tracing will be supported, i.e. for Nvidia's newly announced RTX range (currently RTX 2070 - RTX 2080Ti).​

Peter.

Best wishes to CeeBee and ish6. There's a lot of ageing and infirm members on Trainz (including myself), but I, respectfully, believe it would be best if we now concentrate on TRS19 on this thread.

Personally, I have a lot of DLCs from TANE backwards (and probably don't need many others, so far) and all the TANE ones (and many of the older ones?) will be carried forward into TRS19 in any case. I already have all DLC (I want) that are offered up front on TRS19 (in Gold or traditional buy).

If I were on the GOLD subscription service, I would probably buy (at the 25% discount) many of the new DLCs I wanted, but I would need to be SURE that all those I bought (including those under the GOLD subscription) would remain mine in perpetuity for use in TANE (or in TRS19 if I bought it outright). I am NOT here referring to the content vault offerings (if I understand the system).

I hope this doesn't cause even more confusion.

Also, I would like to mention a couple of GPU points.
Firstly I'd like to fly the AMD GPU flag as I have an R9 290 (ASUS R9290-DC2OC-4GD5) and don't want AMD ignored.

Secondly, I'd like to know if ray-tracing will be supported, i.e. for Nvidia's newly announced RTX range (currently RTX 2070 - RTX 2080Ti).​

Peter.

Peter,

I got the gold subscription. I then went into T:ANE to transfer over some data and when I loaded up Trainz to check on a route, all the DLC I got for TRS2019 downloaded into T:ANE.

I did receive a download of some of the items I purchased previously into TRS2019, but I think some need to be updated so they didn't show. N3V said they're still getting content ready so I'll wait and see.

I don't know much about the AMD GPUs or the Ray-tracing support because there hasn't been any mention of that, though who knows about the future. AMD GPUs should work as video cards as they do with all the performance equivalents they have compared to their NVidia competition.

If I were on the GOLD subscription service, I would probably buy (at the 25% discount) many of the new DLCs I wanted, but I would need to be SURE that all those I bought (including those under the GOLD subscription) would remain mine in perpetuity for use in TANE

>>

Yes, you can be SURE that items you bought (including those that you bought with your Gold Class 25% discount voucher) remain yours. The only proviso here would be down the track when some DLC items will be TRS19 only, and clearly those won't work in TANE.

I'd like to know if ray-tracing will be supported, i.e. for Nvidia's newly announced RTX range (currently RTX 2070 - RTX 2080Ti).

Definitely not for TRS19 itself. The tech is still somewhat experimental and we don't even have any compatible cards at this stage. It's something that we'll definitely be keeping our eyes on and who knows whether or when it will make it into a future Gold Class feature update and future boxed product release. Certainly not this year though.

chris

Back