Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Early Access - Details Page

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    From my reading, if you cancel your Gold membership then you will still have the program, access to the DLS and any DLC content you have downloaded. You may have to purchase any continuing FCT access, like any one else, unless you have any non-activated FCT vouchers which you can then simply activate.

My opinions
    Don't think that's right. You could pay one month subscription, then cancel it, and get TRS19 for $14.99.

I think you get access for as long as you pay the subscription. If you pay for a month, then cancel, you have access for a month. If you pay for a year, then cancel, you have access for a year.

From my reading, if you cancel your Gold membership then you will still have the program, access to the DLS and any DLC content you have downloaded. You may have to purchase any continuing FCT access, like any one else, unless you have any non-activated FCT vouchers which you can then simply activate.

My opinions
    So if you purchase a gold membership for $14.99 for the first month and then cancel it, you get the entire program (apart from an active FCT) for only $14.99?

Edit: I was sitting on this page for a while doing other stuff in another window, when I posted, I see amiga posted similar earlier, so yeah, what he says
    Last edited by iannz; August 23rd, 2018 at 07:31 AM.

At first I thought $15.00 a month was a lot then I got to thinking, I can't go to eat for that or go see a movie. I will spend many hours using this wonderful program so I order the gold.
    Anyway I can always cancel if I don't see the value later, which I don't think I will.
    Intel Core I7 8700K ,EVGA GTX 1080 ti,32mg 16Gx2,WIN 10 Home,ROG STRIX Z370E gaming

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    Don't think that's right. You could pay one month subscription, then cancel it, and get TRS19 for $14.99.

I think you get access for as long as you pay the subscription. If you pay for a month, then cancel, you have access for a month. If you pay for a year, then cancel, you have access for a year.
    Hmmm. You could be right. I was under the impression that you pay for the software (which you then keep) then make the monthly payments for the gold/silver access which includes a number of DLC downloads each month and the FCT.

From the FAQ thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Membership can be cancelled at any time. Access ends at the end of your expiry period.

Of course anything you purchase anything with your discount code remains with you afterwards.

Anything you access during your membership period gets re-activated if you rejoin in the future (so you could play Trainz for a month for $14.99, take a few months off, then come back after a new update and join for another month.
    Last edited by pware; August 23rd, 2018 at 07:48 AM.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Hmmm. You could be right. I was under the impression that you pay for the software (which you then keep) then make the monthly payments for the gold/silver access which includes a number of DLC downloads each month and the FCT.
    It's quite complicated isn't it?

I have tried TRS2019, it's amazing, simply amazing. Thanks. Btw I like the subscription model, people who don't like it can buy it the traditional way.

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    It's quite complicated isn't it?
    It really isn’t. You pay to use it. When you stop the sub you can’t use the stuff anymore inclusief the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post

The important bits regarding ongoing access are "Active membership required" and "After cancellation, access ends on your anniversary date; "
    And this is the part everyone has a problem with. If I'm spending $150+/yr, it's ludicrous I can't keep what I've gotten up to that point. You want to cut off the FCT, 25% discount and ongoing monthly benefits, that's fine and completely understandable. But for that much money, I should keep what I've gotten that far.

Now, if you were to create a subscription for $150/yr that includes TRS19 (and all future new versions while my subscription is active) and ALL paid DLC and if I were to cancel that, my access to everything goes away, I would be on board for that. That's entirely reasonable.

But that's not what it is. You're expecting me to pay for most DLC on top of the subscription. And if I cancel that subscription, my access to all that DLC that I PAID FOR goes away because I no longer have the main product to run it from (unless I shell out ANOTHER $70 to buy Trainz again). That is just plain wrong. And frankly, it's offensive that you even put that plan forward.

I may eventually spend the $70 for TRS19, but there's no way I'm following the subscription model as you've put it forth. I'll be content to keep driving TANE for now thanks. I enjoyed being in the private beta and TRS19 is a beautiful product. It makes me sad that you've chosen this route to take with it.
    Barret
    Ohio, USA
    Model Railroader and Sad Trainz Railroader

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by bblake8480 View Post
    And this is the part everyone has a problem with. If I'm spending $150+/yr, it's ludicrous I can't keep what I've gotten up to that point. You want to cut off the FCT, 25% discount and ongoing monthly benefits, that's fine and completely understandable. But for that much money, I should keep what I've gotten that far.

Now, if you were to create a subscription for $150/yr that includes TRS19 (and all future new versions while my subscription is active) and ALL paid DLC and if I were to cancel that, my access to everything goes away, I would be on board for that. That's entirely reasonable.

But that's not what it is. You're expecting me to pay for most DLC on top of the subscription. And if I cancel that subscription, my access to all that DLC that I PAID FOR goes away because I no longer have the main product to run it from (unless I shell out ANOTHER $70 to buy Trainz again). That is just plain wrong. And frankly, it's offensive that you even put that plan forward.

I may eventually spend the $70 for TRS19, but there's no way I'm following the subscription model as you've put it forth. I'll be content to keep driving TANE for now thanks. I enjoyed being in the private beta and TRS19 is a beautiful product. It makes me sad that you've chosen this route to take with it.
    I think you're mistaken here.

If you do this monthly as you are eluding to, and you cancel for a few months then start up again, your content and program will start up again once you pay your subscription rate.

Let's say you pay $15.00 a month for the program and use the program for 9 months during the fall, winter, and spring when the weather is lousy. You stop your payments at the end of May because you now do stuff outside, travel, or do something else during the warmer months and don't bother much if at all with Trainz.

You will still have access until your next payment is due, but after the end of that invoice/payment period, everything goes into suspended mode until you start your payments in the fall. Anything you've worked on is still there, anything you've downloaded will still be there, anything else is still there, but the program is inactive until you start making your payments again.

Since this package also includes the FCT, you'll have the same benefit with this as well. For those folks that travel for example with their families and have their Trainzing PC at home, they lose months off an annual ticket. In this case, the ticket too is suspended until paid again when they start up. I know many people who over the years lost many year's worth of FCTs because they weren't around to use the ticket due to travel, family vacations, etc.

Now if you choose the $70 package with out the full DLC, and FCT, what you get is what you did with T:ANE and all the other versions of Trainz. In that case, you purchase your DLC as you want, and buy an annual FCT separately, and so on all just as you do now or did in the past.

Before purchasing, you need to weigh your options. It's like buying car and health insurance!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Blog Entries

Wow, folks are really jumping off the bridge over this subscription thing -- Tony, John, and among others have clearly stated how it works! Still, I don't get what's the big fuss about it, since every company here and there today have a subscription method these days --- Disney, for example, a billion dollar corporation will begin their subscription Netflix-like service next year, and they don't need the money, unlike N3V, they need to make revenues somewhere!

Ish

I just love the subscription thing. I just have one question. If I spend for example 6 montha with a gold subscription and then I purchase TRS2019, will the DLC items from the subscription be mine? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ish6 View Post
    Wow, folks are really jumping off the bridge over this subscription thing -- Tony, John, and among others have clearly stated how it works! Still, I don't get what's the big fuss about it, since every company here and there today have a subscription method these days --- Disney, for example, a billion dollar corporation will begin their subscription Netflix-like service next year, and they don't need the money, unlike N3V, they need to make revenues somewhere!

Ish
    Clearly it wasn't stated all that clearly because there are many incorrect impressions and confusion in the forums.
    Barret
    Ohio, USA
    Model Railroader and Sad Trainz Railroader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bblake8480 View Post
    Clearly it wasn't stated all that clearly because there are many incorrect impressions and confusion in the forums.

It's not that! --

However, it's clear enough here:
    Last edited by ish6; August 23rd, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Red face

Hi, I'm a new user overall, but I have been waiting for a sim where I can build & run (a la Arma3) trains for a long time and just found Trainz about a month ago. So for me after buying TANE and making the leap for TRS19 (gold) I hope that after having a membership for a time I do get to opt out and keep the game. That's what it kind of sounded like to me when I read through it. However I will confess, I did not read through the entire agreement.

However, I do like what I see so far. And I feel that I can hopefully now start my NYC/NJC rail line.

Hi guys,

Here's my two bobs worth.

Silly me thought this subscription was a great idea until I realised I lived in Australia and all prices advertised were for US$.
    The Trainz Shop doesn't even have the AUD$ prices converted over yet for any of the subscription packages.

On top of that the Discount Code we are suppose to use for the FCT credit doesn't even show up where it should show.
    Lucky in a sense, otherwise I would have signed up for Gold already and then found out the prices were all wrong. Ahh duhhh...

Gold packages in Australia would cost approx AUD $20.43 per month or $245.16 per year. It was a shame the Trainz team didn't think about their own Aussie customers.

Still I guess that with the AUD$ 2.72 discount for the FCT and if you purchase your Gold Class on an annual basis the cost would be AUD $171.68 which equates to just AUD $3.30 per week.
    Mind you these prices still need to be confirmed by the Trainz Team as no AUD prices have been set as far as I can see. So really what can you buy now days for $3.30 per week - LOL

I myself think I'll just order the normal Trainz 2019 retail package for AUD$ 95.41 - I still have 2 years worth of FCT's and will purchase DLC content when I need it. (On Sale)

I can see that maybe the Gold Subscription would be very appealing to a newcomer as you would get quite a few benefits. But for us old salty's, that own most of what is available already, the Gold Subscription just gives us early access, which with a bit of patience I think we can do without - LOL

Can't wait to get my official copy of TRS19, I wait with baited breath.

Good work team.

Cheers
    John