Trainz Early Access - Details Page

Tony

Unfortunately all my tickets were bought too long ago to allow the refund conditions to apply. I don't even know when they were purchased. That's life!

Never mind the niggle, you have an annual Gold subscription in the pipe line, courtesy of PayPal. At least I did it in time to get the discount.

Perhaps I may desert the content creation lark and start playing trainz.

Peter

The Gold Class membership includes the TRS19 program. It does not cost extra. Here is a comparison of the "traditional" system versus Gold Class Membership

Traditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
* One DLC - Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99
Total = $145

Gold Class Membership = $149
* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 75 DLC items included(worth hundreds of dollars)
* Preview Pass included(to enjoy all new DLC items for 14 days per-release)
* Trainz Plus included (access to new Trainz features before anyone else)
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)

which is of course not true. When you cancel your sub you are left with nothing.

which is of course not true. When you cancel your sub you are left with nothing.

From my reading, if you cancel your Gold membership then you will still have the program, access to the DLS and any DLC content you have downloaded. You may have to purchase any continuing FCT access, like any one else, unless you have any non-activated FCT vouchers which you can then simply activate.

My opinions

Here is the "fine print".
All Silver Class Benefits
25% Store Discount
TRS2019 Early Access
Early Access to New Trainz Features
Preview Pass for New DLC Items.
Active membership required;
Billing will continue each month until cancelled;
Upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time;
After cancellation, access ends on your anniversary date;
Discounts may exclude products within 30 days of launch.

The important bits regarding ongoing access are "Active membership required" and "After cancellation, access ends on your anniversary date; "

For clarity here, you can patch your beta build. You will have beta access for "some time" when some = "until you no longer have access". This will occur immediately if you replace you username for example.

Ultimately, the access to TRS19 will not be for long unless you choose either the Store purchase option or the Gold Class access option.

Unfortunately we do not control the Internet. The quickest download I have heard of is 7 minutes. I suggest trying the alternate server for the offline version or trying the online version.

From my reading, if you cancel your Gold membership then you will still have the program, access to the DLS and any DLC content you have downloaded. You may have to purchase any continuing FCT access, like any one else, unless you have any non-activated FCT vouchers which you can then simply activate.

My opinions
Thanks, Pware! I was looking for a statement of this very thing. Now if I can get some official confirmation of these facts from the higher ups, I can make my purchase decision...

My opinions

Don't think that's right. You could pay one month subscription, then cancel it, and get TRS19 for $14.99.

I think you get access for as long as you pay the subscription. If you pay for a month, then cancel, you have access for a month. If you pay for a year, then cancel, you have access for a year.

My opinions
So if you purchase a gold membership for $14.99 for the first month and then cancel it, you get the entire program (apart from an active FCT) for only $14.99?

Edit: I was sitting on this page for a while doing other stuff in another window, when I posted, I see amiga posted similar earlier, so yeah, what he says :)

Last edited:
At first I thought $15.00 a month was a lot then I got to thinking, I can't go to eat for that or go see a movie. I will spend many hours using this wonderful program so I order the gold.
Anyway I can always cancel if I don't see the value later, which I don't think I will.

Don't think that's right. You could pay one month subscription, then cancel it, and get TRS19 for $14.99.

I think you get access for as long as you pay the subscription. If you pay for a month, then cancel, you have access for a month. If you pay for a year, then cancel, you have access for a year.

Hmmm. You could be right. I was under the impression that you pay for the software (which you then keep) then make the monthly payments for the gold/silver access which includes a number of DLC downloads each month and the FCT.

From the FAQ thread

Membership can be cancelled at any time. Access ends at the end of your expiry period.

Of course anything you purchase anything with your discount code remains with you afterwards.

Anything you access during your membership period gets re-activated if you rejoin in the future (so you could play Trainz for a month for $14.99, take a few months off, then come back after a new update and join for another month.

Last edited:
Hmmm. You could be right. I was under the impression that you pay for the software (which you then keep) then make the monthly payments for the gold/silver access which includes a number of DLC downloads each month and the FCT.

It's quite complicated isn't it? :)

I have tried TRS2019, it's amazing, simply amazing. Thanks. Btw I like the subscription model, people who don't like it can buy it the traditional way.

The important bits regarding ongoing access are "Active membership required" and "After cancellation, access ends on your anniversary date; "

And this is the part everyone has a problem with. If I'm spending $150+/yr, it's ludicrous I can't keep what I've gotten up to that point. You want to cut off the FCT, 25% discount and ongoing monthly benefits, that's fine and completely understandable. But for that much money, I should keep what I've gotten that far.

Now, if you were to create a subscription for $150/yr that includes TRS19 (and all future new versions while my subscription is active) and ALL paid DLC and if I were to cancel that, my access to everything goes away, I would be on board for that. That's entirely reasonable.

But that's not what it is. You're expecting me to pay for most DLC on top of the subscription. And if I cancel that subscription, my access to all that DLC that I PAID FOR goes away because I no longer have the main product to run it from (unless I shell out ANOTHER $70 to buy Trainz again). That is just plain wrong. And frankly, it's offensive that you even put that plan forward.

I may eventually spend the $70 for TRS19, but there's no way I'm following the subscription model as you've put it forth. I'll be content to keep driving TANE for now thanks. I enjoyed being in the private beta and TRS19 is a beautiful product. It makes me sad that you've chosen this route to take with it.

And this is the part everyone has a problem with. If I'm spending $150+/yr, it's ludicrous I can't keep what I've gotten up to that point. You want to cut off the FCT, 25% discount and ongoing monthly benefits, that's fine and completely understandable. But for that much money, I should keep what I've gotten that far.

Now, if you were to create a subscription for $150/yr that includes TRS19 (and all future new versions while my subscription is active) and ALL paid DLC and if I were to cancel that, my access to everything goes away, I would be on board for that. That's entirely reasonable.

But that's not what it is. You're expecting me to pay for most DLC on top of the subscription. And if I cancel that subscription, my access to all that DLC that I PAID FOR goes away because I no longer have the main product to run it from (unless I shell out ANOTHER $70 to buy Trainz again). That is just plain wrong. And frankly, it's offensive that you even put that plan forward.

I may eventually spend the $70 for TRS19, but there's no way I'm following the subscription model as you've put it forth. I'll be content to keep driving TANE for now thanks. I enjoyed being in the private beta and TRS19 is a beautiful product. It makes me sad that you've chosen this route to take with it.

I think you're mistaken here.

If you do this monthly as you are eluding to, and you cancel for a few months then start up again, your content and program will start up again once you pay your subscription rate.

Let's say you pay $15.00 a month for the program and use the program for 9 months during the fall, winter, and spring when the weather is lousy. You stop your payments at the end of May because you now do stuff outside, travel, or do something else during the warmer months and don't bother much if at all with Trainz.

You will still have access until your next payment is due, but after the end of that invoice/payment period, everything goes into suspended mode until you start your payments in the fall. Anything you've worked on is still there, anything you've downloaded will still be there, anything else is still there, but the program is inactive until you start making your payments again.

Since this package also includes the FCT, you'll have the same benefit with this as well. For those folks that travel for example with their families and have their Trainzing PC at home, they lose months off an annual ticket. In this case, the ticket too is suspended until paid again when they start up. I know many people who over the years lost many year's worth of FCTs because they weren't around to use the ticket due to travel, family vacations, etc.

Now if you choose the $70 package with out the full DLC, and FCT, what you get is what you did with T:ANE and all the other versions of Trainz. In that case, you purchase your DLC as you want, and buy an annual FCT separately, and so on all just as you do now or did in the past.

Before purchasing, you need to weigh your options. It's like buying car and health insurance!

Wow, folks are really jumping off the bridge over this subscription thing -- Tony, John, and among others have clearly stated how it works! Still, I don't get what's the big fuss about it, since every company here and there today have a subscription method these days --- Disney, for example, a billion dollar corporation will begin their subscription Netflix-like service next year, and they don't need the money, unlike N3V, they need to make revenues somewhere!

Ish :wave:

Back