Trainz Early Access - Details Page

Hello Tony

I have a Gold Subscription. I have TANE. If I decide to end my subscription, and at this time I have already bought TRS2019, but not installed, can I keep my Gold installation? With more than 1 TB content a new installation is always a matter of several days.

Regards
Swordfish

Me too and I spent $70 I didn't have too as well!

Confused ain't the word on this one.
Likewise. For the longest time there was no update stream for 95955. Now that I also bought the standard version, it now shows a Early Access stream. sigh. I don't need two of the same on the computer. Oh well, all to a good cause - keeping Trainz alive.

Likewise. For the longest time there was no update stream for 95955. Now that I also bought the standard version, it now shows a Early Access stream. sigh. I don't need two of the same on the computer. Oh well, all to a good cause - keeping Trainz alive.

Yup that's the way I look at it too, a donation to the cause.

Both the Early Access versions are identical. Whether you purchased via the Store or got the Gold Class option through MyTrainz, you have the same build right now.

When the official release occurs (or perhaps when the first Trainz PLUS update occurs) there will be a new process which we will outline then (as we have not yet completed testing of the system).

If I were on the GOLD subscription service, I would probably buy (at the 25% discount) many of the new DLCs I wanted, but I would need to be SURE that all those I bought (including those under the GOLD subscription) would remain mine in perpetuity for use in TANE

>>

Yes, you can be SURE that items you bought (including those that you bought with your Gold Class 25% discount voucher) remain yours. The only proviso here would be down the track when some DLC items will be TRS19 only, and clearly those won't work in TANE.

Given that, I have bought the Gold monthly subs. I may buy the annual subs. next year, finances permitting.

First impressions? Contrast and brightness both seem too high. Is there any way of altering defaults for these? I'll check out other assets.

Peter.

My First Impressions of TRS2019? on the outside looks very nice till you try to install some of your routes / sessions you have been working on in Tane, as in TRS 2019 the Contrast and brightness both seem way too high to a point its a white washout look & there's no way too change it ( spent hrs (2-4 hrs) trying ways too change it )

i paid for the gold but things need too improve a lot more before i shell out more money, as any of the routes i've been working on are almost a white washout / almost unusable

plus all the loco's look like crap colour wize ( as you can see in photos below )

this was taken in T:ANE --> https://gyazo.com/edde4d7cf8dacf3df40908b7347badbf

this was taken in TRS 2019 --> https://gyazo.com/71348123da22044f8dc83313e9c2f24a

its the same route , same session , same loco nothing has been changed to the loco at all but as you can see anything i've installed into TRS 2019 is 99.9 % almost un-usable :(

The two major routes that I have created over the last few years, one dating back to TRS2006, both imported into TRS19 perfectly from TANE. All the content transferred without problems and looks good in TRS19. For the newer TANE created route it looks even better in TRS19. I am using TANE to upgrade the content of the older TRS2006 route to TANE standard and then I will do a final import into TRS19.

There are lighting differences between TANE and TRS19 which will require the use of the Environment Tool but that is not a major hurdle. A TRS19 lighting tutorial is available at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/y4J2Rl

Here's some fun with the environmental settings:

CthXcGa.jpg

Fc2KEx0.jpg

eeTvzp5.jpg

(Yup I know the car is stuck in the road).

The route was started in TRS2004, updated in TRS2006 to TS12, added to and updated in T:ANE, and brought over into TRS2019. This is by far the best looking so far.

Here's some fun with the environmental settings:

eeTvzp5.jpg

(Yup I know the car is stuck in the road).

The route was started in TRS2004, updated in TRS2006 to TS12, added to and updated in T:ANE, and brought over into TRS2019. This is by far the best looking so far.

See how well the hazing works in this shot. Mind you, all these effects can be produced in TANE. If I am to be stuck with TANE, one of my projects with the mash-up will be to extend the landscapes in the earlier parts, which date back to tr04/06. Actually, given that I will probably add little more to the route (I no longer know where some of the schedules are placed), it is a relief of sorts to be able to turn back and refine the overall world of the mash-up.

NSWGR 70 Class Loco, KUID2:73150:100966:1

I was curious and had a look at it. The asset is a bit bright probably because it's using onetex materials.

If you want I could raise a bug report and suggest N3V look at this model to see if the lighting can be improved for onetex materials. There must be 1000's of them on the DLS.

Edit: I did try tweaking the environment settings but the results were still unsatisfactory.

Last edited:
See how well the hazing works in this shot. Mind you, all these effects can be produced in TANE. If I am to be stuck with TANE, one of my projects with the mash-up will be to extend the landscapes in the earlier parts, which date back to tr04/06. Actually, given that I will probably add little more to the route (I no longer know where some of the schedules are placed), it is a relief of sorts to be able to turn back and refine the overall world of the mash-up.

This route is one big mash-up having started as 4 baseboards surrounding this yard and port way back in TRS2004 and then expanding outwards. Once I was able to import this route into TRS2019, I knew the program would work. lol

There are some sections still in need of rebuilding such as the passenger terminal and the approach tracks located to the far right of this picture. The tracks work, but are not quite right plus a whole lot of other details which need fixing because the terrain is still odd looking with too bright textures that were always too bright even when I used them in TRS2004.

I agree this can be done in T:ANE, but with a lot more work for the computer and for us too because we have to keep fiddling with the post processing settings every time we start up the program.

What about this effect?

Early_Morning_Departure.jpg

That is very nice indeed, especially the sun raying through the trees. Early morning too, yes? I'm assuming from both yours and JCitron's posts that this misting is new to tr19. I came upon the effect in earlier trainz by accident. I'd created some weather way back in the early days. The actual rain stage disappeared through track updating, so that I was left with the prelim misting effect. What I do like about it is that it is intermittent, occasioned by passing trains every thirty minutes or so. Thus you get a clear then misty then clear again sequence, which has various effects depending upon the terrain (which varies considerably throughout the mash-up). The long vistas possible with TANE have added to my enjoyment of this phenomenon. The transitions from clear to mist and back again are sudden, but I have become used to that.

I was curious and had a look at it. The asset is a bit bright probably because it's using onetex materials.

If you want I could raise a bug report and suggest N3V look at this model to see if the lighting can be improved for onetex materials. There must be 1000's of them on the DLS.

Edit: I did try tweaking the environment settings but the results were still unsatisfactory.

Not just an issue with onetex, there is an issue with specular settings which do not appear do anything in TRS19 including issues with m.tbumpgloss, m.tbumpenv, m.reflect and m.gloss which as examples were requested right at the end of the beta presumably is getting looked at? All my Loco's are affected :eek:( If it doesn't get sorted as they were made in Gmax with the specular Exporter, it's going to be a major job to get them into Max or Blender to convert to fbx PBR if I can even fathom it out properly!
More bug reports might help speed things up!
Meanwhile I will continue fiddling.....

That is very nice indeed, especially the sun raying through the trees. Early morning too, yes? I'm assuming from both yours and JCitron's posts that this misting is new to tr19. I came upon the effect in earlier trainz by accident. I'd created some weather way back in the early days. The actual rain stage disappeared through track updating, so that I was left with the prelim misting effect. What I do like about it is that it is intermittent, occasioned by passing trains every thirty minutes or so. Thus you get a clear then misty then clear again sequence, which has various effects depending upon the terrain (which varies considerably throughout the mash-up). The long vistas possible with TANE have added to my enjoyment of this phenomenon. The transitions from clear to mist and back again are sudden, but I have become used to that.

The misting is just the fog in TRS19. I set the lighting and brought the fog down a bit from where it is so there's some details in the distance, which is how it is here during a summer morning when the temps are in the mid-20s with 65% humidity, and the temps will rise to the mid-30s by the afternoon. :)

With pware's route, it appears he did adjust the post-processing settings to take into account light shafts and other effects, which don't occur automatically, though I'm not sure and that maybe default ultra-post processing settings with fog turned up.

The biggest difference is the support for the high-end post-processing effects out of the gate. With T:ANE we would have to go through and fiddle with the settings each and every time we used the program. The overall processing too is much, much more efficient and doesn't quite have the drag on the computer system overall as it did in T:ANE, which means we can all enjoy these new tools and make our environment even more realistic than ever.

Now keep in mind that this is still video-card dependent and if one is using a much less powerful video card, the effects need to be scaled down accordingly.

Back