Trainz Early Access - Details Page

With pware's route, it appears he did adjust the post-processing settings to take into account light shafts and other effects, which don't occur automatically, though I'm not sure and that maybe default ultra-post processing settings with fog turned up.

Actually I did not adjust anything. That shot with the light shaft and mist is the default settings, straight out of the box so to speak. The same session in TANE had no mist at all.

Correction: I did add some fog for the early morning in the Environment Tools.

Last edited:
All very muddly for a bear of little brain like me.

I've started paying the basic fee assuming that I would get the latest version of Trainz19. I am still on ver. 95995 and can see no route to upgrade. No real idea what the latest version of 19 is. Could someone help and point me straight.

Those little tinkers from N3V also didn't mention that my bank are going to be charging me a non sterling purchase fee and a second non sterling transaction fee each month for the pleasure of a subscription account in dollars rather than £'s.

Please help and yes, I would like to pay a 1 off upfront purchase fee if that was at all possible.

Not just an issue with onetex, there is an issue with specular settings which do not appear do anything in TRS19 including issues with m.tbumpgloss, m.tbumpenv, m.reflect and m.gloss which as examples were requested right at the end of the beta presumably is getting looked at? All my Loco's are affected :eek:( If it doesn't get sorted as they were made in Gmax with the specular Exporter, it's going to be a major job to get them into Max or Blender to convert to fbx PBR if I can even fathom it out properly!
More bug reports might help speed things up!
Meanwhile I will continue fiddling.....

Not sure if it's the same issue Malc, but I've been playing around on the side of Loch Monar with some of your grass textures and at certain angles they are now displaying the shiny/gloss tendency.

Edit: Looks like the McGuirrel Ultra textures have the same issue.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the same issue Malc, but I've been playing around on the side of Loch Monar with some of your grass textures and at certain angles they are now displaying the shiny/gloss tendency.

Edit: Looks like the McGuirrel Ultra textures have the same issue.

Could be related, I haven't actually spotted that yet.

Could be related, I haven't actually spotted that yet.

Definitely more experimentation needed. In TANE or even TS12 under certain lighting conditions and angles you could get a sheen on terrain textures. However it is much more marked in TRS2019, from what I've observed so far. As I posted in the first impressions thread, the texture on one side of a hill can look almost black but on the other side bleached out, making it very hard to judge exactly what a blend or mix of textures is going to look like. Has to be something to do with the lighting system and there has to be a way of neutralising this exaggerated contrast, at least when working in Surveyor.

Vern - You really need to spend some time in Environment Edit mode toning down the direct sunlight component of the lighting conditions.
It is very different from T:ANE, since there is an obligatory component of the (separate) Post Processing controls baked into the overall lighting effects picture.
Suggest turn the RGB dials down to uniform dark grey on the Sunlight pane and bring the Ambient lighting levels up to achieve better balance and more realistic shadows/ reduced contrast at each distinct daytime lighting point on the clock.
Sounds counterintuitive to have the sunlight set to a darker colour than ambient, but that's the way it works best in TRS2019!
Don't forget to note - and use - your new Brightness slider control to the right of the colour setting panes as well in order to set improved gamma levels.

Even when you do this, some textures/ asset surfaces will still reflect the virtual sunlight source when viewed from the right angles, but they will now do so more naturally once you have adjusted your lighting controls to appropriate and realist settings.

Last edited:
It WORKS! Logical that sunlight makes shadows. Lower it and you soften shadows. Increase the brightness slider to compensate.

Vern - You really need to spend some time in Environment Edit mode toning down the direct sunlight component of the lighting conditions.
It is very different from T:ANE, since there is an obligatory component of the (separate) Post Processing controls baked into the overall lighting effects picture.
Suggest turn the RGB dials down to uniform dark grey on the Sunlight pane and bring the Ambient lighting levels up to achieve better balance and more realistic shadows/ reduced contrast at each distinct daytime lighting point on the clock.
Sounds counterintuitive to have the sunlight set to a darker colour than ambient, but that's the way it works best in TRS2019!
Don't forget to note - and use - your new Brightness slider control to the right of the colour setting panes as well in order to set improved gamma levels.

Even when you do this, some textures/ asset surfaces will still reflect the virtual sunlight source when viewed from the right angles, but they will now do so more naturally once you have adjusted your lighting controls to appropriate and realist settings.

I will give that try and report back - possibly N3V need to consider making that a default or optional preset as anyone without the tech knowledge or viewing this forum is going to be reaching for sunglasses, out of the box. Like overcooked HDR on a 4K TV. Otherwise I am really happy with the new look. It is far more lifelike than anything seen in a Trainz version to date and (IMHO) starts to give DTG a run for their money. I may have a go at reworking that old Sulitjelma route with the PBR track and textures, too.

Pays to do this with a scene that includes close-up detail as well as long distance views; preferably with a body of water and reflections; buildings, vegetation, your favourite track, locomotive and consist type, plus a generous stretch of open sky...
If you want to have total control over your atmospheric settings, then you'll also pay a visit to the Post Processing settings dialog under the Developer menu and set that to Manual and adjust each of the settings there too.

It is amazing just how much these affect typical session atmospherics and the clarity of longer distance views in particular.

The bad news is that - just as in T:ANE - you cannot save the PP settings in TRS2019 either.
We live in hope...

Last edited:
Yes can confirm the lighting is much better. Now full ahead refurbishing my Sulitjelma route - strange how at the time the Swedish track was regarded as state of the art, but dropping in the new TRS2019 track transforms the appearance before I even touch textures and trees. I'm so pleased with this that over the next few days I shall be transferring all my WIP routes into TRS2019 and closing out my TANE installs.

... over the next few days I shall be transferring all my WIP routes into TRS2019 and closing out my TANE installs.

Perhaps it is time to change your tag line to ...

TRS19....These are not the drones we are looking for

[B]9 steps drive over turnouts, leading into nowhere[/B]

Maybe a personal problem, but i'm not sure...

Why the heck does not Trainz Store recognize my username and password, when i am logged in and trying to purchase TS2019 Earlys access??

pwkSIB.jpg

cSyhH2.jpg

hO8wht.jpg

GMo6TN.jpg

RDNmjq.jpg

zGaNCL.jpg

v9z2yY.jpg

Any wise words on this???

Sura

v9z2yY.jpg

Not sure about the invalid details error, but I've a feeling that the store and the Mytrainz pages are on separate servers with separate login pages (even if it is the same details).

Shane

Perhaps a non-English character in your password? They are no longer allowed in either login so older passwords may need updating.

Hi Tony,

my password does not contain any strange characters, i always stick to the basic English letters and numbers.

I really do not know how could i buy TS2019 now from Hungary... i have money, i have card, i have will, but i do not have access to Trainz Store with MyTrainz password of mine. :confused:

:mop:Sura

Hi Sura. It appears it was the á character in your name causing the issue. Now resolved so please retry.

Back