Trainz Early Access - Details Page

Rip off Tony, I do not want a subscription service, many of us are retired and cannot commit to such expense and where is early access promised for those of us who were led to believe it would be available for all today, not just those with money to burn on subscriptions? As a long term supporter and tester I am pretty much disgusted by being excluded from the initial early access, makes me wonder why I bothered testing it. Disgusted second class Trainzer.

Got to admit I was bummed to see the subscription model. I don't know what the outright purchase price will be, as I did not go to the pre-order page. Looks like I will be staying with T:ANE for the foreseeable future. And I was so ready for it after all the hype....

I'm bummed too. I’ve been a Trainz user since 2004 and I was willing to buyFCT for $25-30 a year. But $100 to $150 /yr in subscriptions to buy the additionalfunctions that make TRS19 Shine plus the cost for the basic TRS19 program is unacceptable.

But $100 to $150 /yr in subscriptions to buy the additionalfunctions that make TRS19 Shine plus the cost for the basic TRS19 program is unacceptable.

The Gold Class membership includes the TRS19 program. It does not cost extra. Here is a comparison of the "traditional" system versus Gold Class Membership

Traditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
* One DLC - Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99
Total = $145

Gold Class Membership = $149
* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 75 DLC items included(worth hundreds of dollars)
* Preview Pass included(to enjoy all new DLC items for 14 days per-release)
* Trainz Plus included (access to new Trainz features before anyone else)
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)

Last edited:
As a route builder and content creator DLC is not much use as I don't get time to use it, so a subscription saves me nothing and I have a lifetime FCT.

Hi Clam1952 - we're totally happy with that decision. That's why we haven't changed anything for the traditional "purchase" option.

The memberships are NEW alternatives for people who see added value. We do not expect everyone to join, and we're not going to force anyone to join.

As with anything new, it takes a while for things to settle down and over time people will wonder what all the fuss was about.

The Gold Class membership includes the TRS19 program. It does not cost extra. Here is a comparison of the "traditional" system versus Gold Class Membership

Traditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
Total = $145

* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)

Tony

The difference is that if I quit the subscription service after 1 year I will have nothing. Buying through the traditional store I will still have TRS19 and the Coal Country route for all time.

You need to provide a way to transfer ownership to the subscriber after a certain period of continuous monthly payments.

You have also given a break to suscribers with an existing FCT, but no rebate for long time users who have already purchased much of the DLC which you are offering.

Glenn

My comments:-
And
[QUOTETraditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
Total = $145

* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)[/QUOTE]

Traditional purchase $69.99
Lifetime fct (prepaid) -
TANE access (already purchased)
DLC (masses already)
Cost/year (assuming 2yr lifecycle) = $34.99

Gold membership = $179 per annum: cost/year = $179

Not much of a choice unless I really, really want early access.

Colin

Rip off Tony, I do not want a subscription service, many of us are retired and cannot commit to such expense and where is early access promised for those of us who were led to believe it would be available for all today, not just those with money to burn on subscriptions? As a long term supporter and tester I am pretty much disgusted by being excluded from the initial early access, makes me wonder why I bothered testing it. Disgusted second class Trainzer.

If you were a TRS19 Beta Tester then you still have access to the new version. If you start the Beta version it will automatically upgrade to build 96000 which is today's release.

Last edited:
If you were a TRS19 Beta Tester then you still have access to the new version. If you start the Beta version it will automatically upgrade to build 96000 which is today's release.

Wish I'd read this before starting my 7GB download (non NBN). :confused:

This is probably a really dumb question, but I am quite interested in joining, but with the current state of the program, would I be able to say, import my current route from TANE SP3, and all of my content over into the current TRS19 build?
Thanks for the answers

Lol, since there is a group of us that can't download anything I'm really, really glad that I won't be buying any of this. I'd be really pissed if I was paying $14.99 a month for nothing.

For a newcomer this might be a good deal, so far as I can tell I already own everything they are offering in the silver/gold collections other than what is being offered with the game itself (and I own about half of that).

This being unable to download anything might be a blessing in disguise since I was going to try to hold out until at least the first service pack came out. Now I don't have a choice. :hehe:

This is probably a really dumb question, but I am quite interested in joining, but with the current state of the program, would I be able to say, import my current route from TANE SP3, and all of my content over into the current TRS19 build?
Thanks for the answers

During the beta test I transferred a route I originally built in TS06. The route came in ok despite a few missing dependencies but it had the same problem in TANE.

The lighting model seems quite different in TRS19 and you might need to reset the environment settings otherwise it might look a bit bright or a bit dark.

Many of the old textures and trees don't look that good in TRS19 so you will want to update those. A lot of existing railway stock (non PBR) look very nice in TRS19.

I'll second that.
I imported Train 2006 route (or two) there were a few missing assets, but the route worked.

TS19's lighting is significantly brighter but the edits for that are easy.
Worst things imported are the old "cut out" trees & bushes, but they look poor in TANE.

Colin

I have a niggle about FCT's. Whenever there was a sale, I did my duty and bought an annual FCT. I now have four tickets unused and one part used. It seems that all these are write-offs. The niggle is that having given N3V my money when they asked for it, there is no recognition of this in the release details.

I used to joke about not taking out more library books that I could read in a week on account of my age. I should have listened to me. maybe I'll live to 94, who knows.

I'll do my duty again and subscribe to the new program purely for interest to see what Trainz has become when compared with the original bsfore Christmas 2001. It is unlikely I'll create content for it, it is becoming too complex for this old brain.

Peter

I have a niggle about FCT's. Whenever there was a sale, I did my duty and bought an annual FCT. I now have four tickets unused and one part used. It seems that all these are write-offs. The niggle is that having given N3V my money when they asked for it, there is no recognition of this in the release details.

Without trawling though a host of hysterical posts, I am certain that Tony stated somewhere that existing FCTs, activated or not, will still be good or will be made good if you purchase a Gold/Silver membership.

Back