TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Before i decided what to buy i need to know:

1. Will be the 'September preorded' a digital download too or only dvd box set delivering with post
2. When you cancel the sub you are left with nothing. Does it mean that TRS19 will not be possible to use without subscription

Will be possible export content directly from TS2009 to TRS19 (beyond the corresponding trainz-build number change)?

Thanks

Until you change the rules of the sub which you can do without consent from the costomer. You can make lots of promises now but are in no way obligated to deliver. Meanwhile raking in the money.

For sure. And all our users could cancel their subs, and we'd be left making nothing. Both sides can play that game, neither side has any incentive to do so.

chris

Will be possible export content directly from TS2009 to TRS19 (beyond the corresponding trainz-build number change)?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here, but TRS19 is still capable of using content dating back to the original Trainz release, assuming that content was constructed correctly in the first place. So yes, you can export your locally created TS2009 content and import it into TRS19. If you're dealing with third-party content, the best bet would be to grab it from the Download Station, as that will include the necessary source textures and is likely to include updates and fixes that have been made since 2009.

chris

Hi, I do have another question. If I get a gold subscription right now, and keep it till the final release of TRS19 (Q4 2018) and then cancel it to buy the release version, what will happen to my content, to the routes I'll be creating, what will happen to my save? Would I haveto start all over again?

I am a very long term user and past radical fanboi of Trainz.
This forum, was in fact the first I ever participated in.
Long before I gained IT qualifications, long before I began my own 3d design business.
It is with a heavy heart I read the new "subscription" details.
If I can manage to give Autodesk the flick for their "slap in the face and disgusting cash grab"
of dedicated users I can certainly do the same for N3V.
With the greatest respect, I cant believe these people have the gall to pull the subscription stunt.
And might I suggest, :eek: any proponent of such skullduggery and shoddy treatment of their devoted
clientele hang their head in shame.
WasNiceKnowinYa. :wave:

From the Adobe website:
Q. Are Adobe creative apps available without a subscription?

A. No, all the latest versions of Adobe creative apps are only available with a Creative Cloud month-to-month or annual plan.

Q. Is TRS19 available without a subscription?
A. Yes. Customers have a choice of the traditional option of purchasing through the Trainz Store, or through the new option of month to month membership that provides a range of additional benefits such as hundreds of dollars of DLC items, FCTs, store discounts and more.

peghorse, could you please explain your comparison of a system with no choice versius a system where you can do exactly the same thing as you did yesterday (or last year or 10 years ago), or chose one of the new options.

It really does puzzle me so this is a genuine question I am keen to know the answer to.

Last edited:
@Tony Hilliam

I have a LIFE time 1st Class ticket which has around 7078 Days left , So is this still useable for TRS19 ? ?

What does it do to a
Gold Class Membership if any thing if i purchased now ? ?

All so If i get early release now how can i get the boxed version ? ?

Is there going to be a Box version ? ?

thanks

E

Last edited:
The Gold Class one off payment is the same as the monthly Gold class you're just paying upfront with a small discount right?
You get the same content?

Kinda like paying for your car insurance monthly or yearly.. Yearly is always a little cheaper?

G'day Tony (Et Al),

Thank you for your time in keeping us as informed as possible about the options available in your latest release.

I don't have any comments about your choice of options or releases as that is your prerogative and, as you say, up to us to decide if it's the one for us or not. I certainly like what I have seen so far.

The only observation that I would like to offer though is the unfortunate consequences of basing the product off a flat, US dollar price. What this means is that the price I need to weigh up for the product I wish to buy is not based on what you have decided it is worth in our particular currency, but rather the vagaries of the stock market at the time I happen to make the purchase (or begin my yearly subscription), and there's a bit of a sense of urgency to it as well, in order to take advantages of any possible discounts available to us.

As a fellow Aussie I know you will be well aware that things are definitely not in our favour in this respect at the moment and it means that, purely because of the current exchange rates, that I have to contemplate a price of around AUD$200 or more for the yearly subscription I would like to consider. Not because that is what you have decided to price it at as the seller, but because of what a bunch of suits are choosing to do with the economy at the time (let alone what the current bun-fight in Canberra will do to it as well).

Again, I respect that it is up to us to decide how much we want to spend for your product, but, in some aspects, it isn't completely up to us at all. I could probably deal with a yearly price of somewhere around AUD$150 (ideally) or so, but $200 or more (just because of market forces plus fees etc) is a much tougher call.

I know that this is the same model you have used for all your other products so far but, as the prices of some of the options get significantly higher, the effect is obviously much more pronounced.

While you all certainly deserve a return for your efforts and in order to continue providing content, this is only a discretionary hobby after all, and very few can afford to dispose of more funds than absolutely necessary if they can possibly avoid it.

With respect and in the spirit of constructive criticism (which I'm sure you're getting plenty of already ;) ).

Cheers,
Piere.

@Tony Hilliam

I have a LIFE time 1st Class ticket which has around 7078 Days left , So is this still useable for TRS19 ? ?

What does it do to a
Gold Class Membership if any thing if i purchased now ? ?

All so If i get early release now how can i get the boxed version ? ?

Is there going to be a Box version ? ?

thanks

E

All answered on our faq page (and check the faq thread).

Is it possible that when I buy a Gold Membership for just 1 month right now, I can cancel it, then buy TS2019 for 60 bucks and all will be good?

From what I understand you would probably lose anything at the end of that month that isn't in the pre-order version (Tony can confirm though what the status on that is).

Shane

Membership can be cancelled at any time. Access ends at the end of your expiry period.

Of course anything you purchase anything with your discount code remains with you afterwards.

Anything you access during your membership period gets re-activated if you rejoin in the future (so you could play Trainz for a month for $14.99, take a few months off, then come back after a new update and join for another month.

Membership can be cancelled at any time. Access ends at the end of your expiry period.

Anything you access during your membership period gets re-activated if you rejoin in the future (so you could play Trainz for a month for $14.99, take a few months off, then come back after a new update and join for another month.

Not even my Gym offers me anything like that. If I cancel my monthly gym membership payments to go overseas for a few months, I have to reapply and pay the joining fee again when I get back.

Last edited:
Hi Team,
Can you please advise if previous purchased content/routes should appear in game? or is some stuff still not released yet?
The only content that downloaded in game after I patched from the beta version appears to be the items from "my vault" (most of which I had previously purchased anyway, but that's another story). I tried initializing with the "Download Purchased Items" in the menu and still no joy.

Which leads me to more questions:
Seeing that I managed to buy two copies of TRS19 (I got click happy before I read everything and purchased Gold membership and early access version...woops), if I stop gold membership and use the "extra" version that I purchased (now that everyone has early access) will all the previous purchases reappear in it even though they are also the same items that are in the vault.... or will I have to redownload all again? I really like the idea of the membership benefits, not so keen on having to give them all back if I stop paying... feels like renting...especially when its items I have already bought previously...

Regards
Richard

Last edited:
Here’s how it works:
(i) items you own are listed against your MyTrainz username
(ii) your Content Vault items are kept in a different list but also linked to your MyTrainz username

You always have access to items in table 1. When you have an active membership table 2 is also active and you have access to those items.
Uninstalled
Everything remains installed (unless you manually uninstall it) and will show as inactive if your membership is inactive.

Last edited:
Trainz has provided me with a lot of enjoyment since its first release, and so I like the idea of supporting the ongoing advancement of Trainz via a gold membership. But I also would like a gold membership option that includes a DRM free DVD purchase, and I am prepared to wait for that option

My question... Will a gold membership (perhaps via a deluxe pack) be an option with the general DVD release?

Phil

Last edited:

Can you suspend a membership?

Ok Thank you Tony for clearing my head, I realize you and your team have probably had a long day, good to see you are still trying to support all the questions.
I was really getting a bit confused with how that all worked... all good now and once again as I have stated previously, well done on TRS19, awesome work. :mop:

Although that doesn't answer my real query with regards to purchased items not showing? Should I be able to see them or not yet?

Cheers
Richard

Back