TRS19 - FAQ Thread

i just want one thing clear that regional content means everything including scenry items and buildings and tracks too or just routes and rolling stock ? as in content description it says standard core trainz installation

Last weekend I bought Trainz 2019 through steam.

Yesterday I got an email from the Trainz Team offering Trainz Plus free for 1 month to try. I signed up.

This gave me a download to Trainz 2019 Platinum which I installed.

This install is completely separate than my steam install and does not include any of the North American Routes and rolling stock that came with my Steam Purchase.

Also, of course this is eating up hard drive space.

My questions are:

Do I need two installs or can I merge these into one?

Is the Steam install the platinum edition or is that only the one stand alone install I downloaded and installed separately?

Can plus be / platinum be activated on my Steam install?

If not how do I get the routes and rolling stock over the that platinum edition?

Thanks

i just want one thing clear that regional content means everything including scenry items and buildings and tracks too or just routes and rolling stock ? as in content description it says standard core trainz installation
plz reply any one i want to buy

The game core contains a total of 3550 assets

To break it down (estimates from the category):
4 bridges
405 buildings
250 commodities
7 consist (train sets that been premade)
42 drivers
12 fix track assets (crossings, buildings that has tracks, but aren't industries, etc)
3 flora
23 industries
27 locomotives
10 people
90 rolling stock
2 routes (KSC 2 and content samples #1)
106 rules
906 scenery items
22 driver commands
14 sessions (x3 from KSC 2 and rest are tutorials)
73 spline items
183 ground textures
Roughly 78 tracks
215 trackside objects
2 train tenders for steam engines
and 84 vehicle assets

Any additional numbers are assets for the items in each category, along with game files and behind the scene items.

You'll want to make friends with the DLS or go searching for 3rd party sites to expand the content in the core game if you don't plan to install the built-in packages.

Cheers

Hello all,
I'm not sure that this is the right forum to post, but figured FAQ might have had the information... But reading back to 12/2019, I didn't see anything.
I was downloading a bunch of stuff on 4/2/2020.... and suddenly I couldn't download some "Jons YARN L4" items that show as "available for download" from Content Manager in TRS2019 (build: 105096) with First CLass Ticket (shows 21 items available of 498514). When I try to download, the download starts with the green bar sliding halfway across, then the window just disappears without any error message. (Developer: Show Log doesn't have any information.) It doesn't seem to matter if I try to download 1 or more items.
I tried looking in the Trainz DLS and I can find 40 "Jons" items but no YARN. I don't understand why the DLS and CM would have such different results.
I've continued to download items daily... except for the 12 non-bridge "Jons YARN L4" items that I'd really like to have.
Any suggestions?

I believe they are illegal uploads. But you will get a better explanation from the helpdesk.

Use some of the other YARN assets. There are plenty of them.

i started importing contents from tane to trs 2019
now contents are showing open for edit in ts 2019.
should i submit them or use revert to original options

i imported contents from tane by ist opening for edit in tane then import them in ts 2019

now contents are showing open for edit in ts 2019.
should i submit them or use revert to original options
These are items that already existed in TRS2019 before you started the import. It is almost certain that you should revert to original. If that turns out to be the wrong choice then you can always import them again.

Last weekend I bought Trainz 2019 through steam.

Yesterday I got an email from the Trainz Team offering Trainz Plus free for 1 month to try. I signed up.

This gave me a download to Trainz 2019 Platinum which I installed.

This install is completely separate than my steam install and does not include any of the North American Routes and rolling stock that came with my Steam Purchase.

Also, of course this is eating up hard drive space.

My questions are:

Is the Steam install the platinum edition or is that only the one stand alone install I downloaded and installed separately?

Can plus be / platinum be activated on my Steam install?

If not how do I get the routes and rolling stock over the that platinum edition?

Thanks

Just reposting the above to see if anyone has an answer.

Thanks

Trainz Plus is the "Platinum Edition" so it comes with all the North American, EU and UK routes and a whole bunch of other stuff as well. Ensure you have entered your MyTrainz username then go to Content Store to install the "Purchased Content."

>>
Currently Platinum Edition is not available on Steam. You should never share the local data folder between builds but you could copy your existing local data folder to a new location, point your new install to that and run a db repair to set i up, then download the additional content from Content Store.

I've just bought a new HP Pavillion notebook with a Pentium N5000 Quad-core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and 2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX110. Can it run TRS19 decently or should I buy T:ANE instead?
If someone has a HP 15-da0055la or is going to buy one and wonder the same as me, these settings give a decent framerate with good looking graphics:

Settings-1.jpg

With higher levels TRS19 will still run but awfully slow... ;)

Trainz Plus is the "Platinum Edition" so it comes with all the North American, EU and UK routes and a whole bunch of other stuff as well. Ensure you have entered your MyTrainz username then go to Content Store to install the "Purchased Content."

>>
Currently Platinum Edition is not available on Steam. You should never share the local data folder between builds but you could copy your existing local data folder to a new location, point your new install to that and run a db repair to set i up, then download the additional content from Content Store.

Thanks, that was it. I had to download all the additional content.

Question on the Gold Ticket.

If I sign up for Monthly now to get more routes and sessions can I convert that to yearly once I get my stimulus check?

Lastly, what are the best graphic settings for an iMac with Iris Pro graphics.

My iMac has a i5 Quad core, 3.2 Ghz with 16 GB of RAM and Iris Pro graphic.

Any route with lots of trees runs very slow and jumpy on the medium graphics settings.

I upgraded to the Gold membership a couple weeks back to get access to more routes and sessions.

After upgrading I was linked to a page where I could add content to my subscription. Everything I added then showed up in the Trainz 2019 under purchased items that I could download. Since then I can't find that page.

The Trainz Store, or in game content show everything else as "Not Owned" and wants me to buy it. Right along side saying "This content is available to Silver and Gold Memberships".

How do I go about adding more content with my Gold Membership now?

I think you need to contact the help desk. I download all my gold stuff from the Purchased option in Content Store (Launcher).

1.) Make a habit of checking Content Vault (for now - I believe it's eventually going to be phased out due to Content Store). Login to your Trainz account on the WEBSITE. On left click "MY MEMBERSHIPS." Click the Bottom left ORANGE "Manage Content Vault" button. If anything is there that you want click it's button to "claim" it (activate it).

2.) Once the above is done, Check your in game CONTENT STORE. Launch game. On panel click "Content Store." Click "PURCHASED" icon at top right. Everything you are entitled to will show there. Since you are on Gold you will also see PREVIEW items. If you have chosen the "beta" stream you will also see beta routes and items.

Note that some people say that "everything just shows up in their Content Store." - Speaking only for myself I sometimes have items first appear in the Content Vault. So just make a habit of checking it once a week or so.

Thanks,

That got me where I needed to be to add more content.

Do they have any plans of adding subscription downloads directly into the game / content store?

downloaded trainz 19 missing following items in builtin route

i installed trainz 2019 and i am missing following in built in route sebino lake

<kuid2:69038:25314:3> Villetta Rox 4
<kuid2:57230:25010:3> Villetta rustica 2
<kuid2:57230:25008:3> Villetta rustica 1
<kuid2:57230:25009:3> Villetta 4
<kuid2:57230:25007:3> Villetta 3
<kuid2:57230:25006:3> Villetta 2
<kuid2:57230:25005:3> Villetta 1
<kuid2:53261:25180:3> S.P. Curva pericolosa SX
<kuid2:53261:25178:3> S.P. Curva pericolosa DX
<kuid2:53261:25138:3> Rimessa Loco + Caseggiato
<kuid2:53261:25078:3> Rimessa Loco 2 FS

<kuid2:53261:37010:3>
<kuid2:53261:37026:3>
<kuid2:44779:25018:3>
<kuid:146087:27530> rhus cespuglio 530
<kuid:523:19723078>
<kuid2:523:19723366:1>
<kuid2:523:19723086:1>
<kuid:523:19723079>
<kuid2:523:19723097:1>

Hi Guys - I am on TRS2019 Build 105096, and if my memory serves me well (questionable now!), there was an update imminent quite a long time ago. Did I miss out somewhere? My instal shows no updates when I ask, but I thought the Beta group had a copy back in Feb? Any forecast for the update would be appreciated. Many thanks. Colin.

Back