TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Downloading the program, or downloading an update, may take hours and hours, or even well over a day, or overnight ... if you cancel an update, that appears to be stalled, it is not stalled at all ... If you cancel an update, you need to un-install Trainz completely ... and do a new complete re-install ... Never cancel an update, even though it appears to be stalled !

Last edited:
The download speed you get depends upon your Internet connection and the routing to our servers (which are mirrored around the world). Some people report downloads in just minutes, so this really is beyond our control. (A quick test here showed 12MB/s).

Pick TRS19 stream to update from 97557 to the latest version.

Last edited:
I was gifted the money from my sons yesterday (my 68th birthday) to enable me to buy TRS19 :)

So I just thought I would ask..
Does TRS19 need to be installed on the same hard drive as the operating system?

I have TANE SP2 on the OS HD with a separated data folder.
I have installed TRS19 on a second HD again with a separated data folder.

Is this OK?

I was gifted the money from my sons yesterday (my 68th birthday) to enable me to buy TRS19 :)

Is this OK?

Yes, I install all games on a separate drive from my OS. Never have a problem except with the precache the game does when loading routes. It takes longer and does it everytime you open that route/session.

Is this OK?

Yes that's fine, incidentally I have no issues with precaching, my TRS19 plus userdata is on my Internal G: Drive. I have 2 Internal HDDS and 4 Internal SSDs. I never install anything on the C drive other than stuff that refuses to go anywhere else.

Other than to save an additional $50 per year on the TS19 subscription ... Why would anyone want to only purchase the Silver subscription, over that of the Gold subscription ?

It seems that the Gold subscription has so much more to offer, over that of the Silver subscription ?

My main question is: "After 366 days, what exactly disappears, if you do not renew your subscription for another year" ?

1) Does the Game shut off completely, and no longer function ?

2) Does all your purchased DLC shut off ?

3) Do all the routes that you have created evaporate and disappear ?

4) Should you renew you subscription on the 370th day, or even later on the following year on the 722nd day, do all your evaporated/shut off DLC assets, and your self created routes magically reappear ? ? ?

5) Do all your previously purchased DLC, purchased years ago, still function in TS19, after your yearly subscription expires, and your yearly subscription is not renewed ?

For when Steam release is out, and steam sale is still active. Can we buy T:ANE DLC on Steam for Trainz 2019 on Steam?

I'm running TRS19 on a Mac. Can someone please tell me where the equivalent of the local data folder is ? ( Everything I find in Support relates to the Windows version :confused: )

Never mind. I eventually found it in Users/<name>/Library/Containers/ :wave:

Whilst you can easily find this information in the Windows version by looking at the Settings..Install tab, there isn't such a tab in the Mac version, hence my confusion.

Last edited:
Whilst you can easily find this information in the Windows version by looking at the Settings..Install tab, there isn't such a tab in the Mac version, hence my confusion.

Glad to hear you resolved your issue quickly, but just to correct the record - both Mac and Windows versions have the relevant setting under the "Install" tab.

cheers,

chris

Hi everybody,
just a little question: when it will be finally available TRS19 not in RC build? Thanks in advance for the info.
Roberto (aka Sister)

I have some questions about transferring over to TRS 2019. My apologies if they have been answered elsewhere.

I have a JR locomotive that I purchased through N3V. It is now payware and locked for modification. So, I can’t do things like modify the cab or in cab camera positions. Further the cab mechanism asset it uses is locked meaning other locos I purchase from JR that use the same cab mechanism are also locked.

I understand that DLC routes are now longer locked. Is this still true for individual assets in TRS 2019? If this locomotive purchased in TANE is downloaded through TRS 2019, does it still come over locked as payware and then lock the cab mechanism for all the other locomotives that use the same cab kuid?

I also purchased Legacy of the BN2 and Mojave routes through N3V. I understand that purchased routes will not be locked in TRS 2019.

Since both were locked TANE, I had to do modifications to both routes as new sessions. So, I have many hours invested in new sessions for these routes that have new trackside cameras, EITs, and unportals with multiple consists. If I download these routes in TRS 2019, will I be able to import the sessions and then save those sessions as new routes or do I have to start over?

I am looking forward to TRS 2019 and very much appreciate your work. I would like to request that the Mojave route be brought up to TRS 2019 standards and that the crossing gates be fixed. I would be happy to pay for such an update.

Thanks again!

I have a JR locomotive that I purchased through N3V. It is now payware and locked for modification. So, I can’t do things like modify the cab or in cab camera positions. Further the cab mechanism asset it uses is locked meaning other locos I purchase from JR that use the same cab mechanism are also locked.

Yes. That is a good reason for avoiding payware. However any other asset that uses a payware asset can still be edited - for instance to use a cab that isn't payware. If you have seen that using a payware cab in another loco causes that loco to be changed to payware then that is a bug and should be reported.

I also purchased Legacy of the BN2 and Mojave routes through N3V. I understand that purchased routes will not be locked in TRS 2019.
Payware routes can be cloned and edited. The new versions are still payware.

Since both were locked TANE, I had to do modifications to both routes as new sessions. So, I have many hours invested in new sessions for these routes that have new trackside cameras, EITs, and unportals with multiple consists. If I download these routes in TRS 2019, will I be able to import the sessions and then save those sessions as new routes or do I have to start over?
The sessions will likely need to be updated so that they refer to the correct KUD for the new routes. Whether they will work or not depends on what differences exist between the T:ANE version and the TRS19 version.

Yes. That is a good reason for avoiding payware. However any other asset that uses a payware asset can still be edited - for instance to use a cab that isn't payware. If you have seen that using a payware cab in another loco causes that loco to be changed to payware then that is a bug and should be reported.

Payware routes can be cloned and edited. The new versions are still payware.

The sessions will likely need to be updated so that they refer to the correct KUD for the new routes. Whether they will work or not depends on what differences exist between the T:ANE version and the TRS19 version.

Thanks for your reply. That clarifies something for me. I knew that TRS 2019 was going to allow route modification, but I didn't know if that applied to individual assets. Buying the loco from N3V did not make my other locos that use the same cab payware. It did however make the cab mechanism itself payware (even if I deleted the cab from N3V and re downloaded the non-payware cab) and I was unable to edit the cab mechanism for any of the locomotives that used it unless I deleted the N3V purchase.

So, it looks like individual assets will come across in TRS 19 as payware and will not allow modifications. In TANE, I was able to do things like replace a horn or whistle or replace engine specs by renaming an asset to "obsolete" the asset used by the payware. I was hoping to not have to jump through those hoops with TRS 19 payware. By the way, I was unable to obsolete the payware cab in TANE. The new version with the changes I wanted just showed up as "Payware, not active" in content manager.

As for payware routes, if I want to change camera positions or adjust track to make room for a portal, I am quite limited it want I can do in TANE. I can add cameras in sessions, but I can't modify ones that are already there. And I can't manipulate track. In TRS 19, it looks like cloning the route will allow me to save in the route layer what needs to be saved in the route layer.

Finally, reading your reply, I am skeptical that I will be able to port over the sessions I made.

For those who already have TRS 19, are your payware assets locked? Is it truly easy to modify a route? Have you had any luck transferring session material?

It did however make the cab mechanism itself payware (even if I deleted the cab from N3V and re downloaded the non-payware cab) and I was unable to edit the cab mechanism for any of the locomotives that used it unless I deleted the N3V purchase.

This is a known problem which N3V claims they are addressing, but so far has done nothing about.

The procedure is:
Look at asset versions for the payware asset. There should be a version either installed or on the DLS (that is, the version that those other locos were previously using).
Use 'Download this version' if necessary to get the DLS version of the asset.
Open the DLS version for editing. Edit the KUID so it obsoletes the payware version. Eg, if the payware KUID is <kuid2:1234:5678:2> then change the original version KUID to <kuid2:1234:5678:3>.
Import the editing folder. An asset with that updated KUID will be created.
Revert the downloaded/installed version to original.

This is a known problem which N3V claims they are addressing, but so far has done nothing about.

The procedure is:
Look at asset versions for the payware asset. There should be a version either installed or on the DLS (that is, the version that those other locos were previously using).
Use 'Download this version' if necessary to get the DLS version of the asset.
Open the DLS version for editing. Edit the KUID so it obsoletes the payware version. Eg, if the payware KUID is <kuid2:1234:5678:2> then change the original version KUID to <kuid2:1234:5678:3>.
Import the editing folder. An asset with that updated KUID will be created.
Revert the downloaded/installed version to original.

Wow! That worked - with a bit of modification. I downloaded the original cab from the JR site. I couldn't delete the payware version in TANE content manager. So, I imported the cab into TS12 and updated the kuid there, exported the CDP, and installed in TANE to obsolete the payware cab. Many thanks for that suggestion.

So, I assume that if I want to modify N3V purchased assets in TRS 19, I am going to be jumping through similar hoops?

Also, is modifying a route really as easy as it sounds in TRS 19?

Thanks for all your help! I look forward to TRS 19 - and all the little challenges and triumphs it will bring.

So, I assume that if I want to modify N3V purchased assets in TRS 19, I am going to be jumping through similar hoops?
This only works for payware assets that are newer versions of an existing freeware asset, or (in some cases) which replace an existing freeware asset. Assets originally created as payware do not have a downloadable version which can be edited.

Also, is modifying a route really as easy as it sounds in TRS 19?
Yes.

Back