Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by spoona555 View Post
    It is not.
    "Trainz Settings" is an option on the launcher screen. That's the very first screen that appears, before the screen where you select Driver/Surveyor etc.

This is whats shown in the TRS19 FAQs

Q. What happens if I cancel my membership

A. If you cancel, you continue to have access to everything you were previously entitled to until your membership period expires. At that time, Gold Class members will get a "Not authorised" message when trying to log in.If you own TANE or TRS19, after your membership expires, when you next log in to Trainz your Content Vault items will show as “Not Active”.

I can't see any point in renewing a Subscription which was given to me for Christmas in any form as being on a pension I don't buy from the shop anyway
    and after only 4 months the free items are already showing items I already have chosen

Now If I cancel my Gold Class and buy the game on Disk I know all the free downloads will not be accessible
    but
    What happens to the Lifetime FCT I had before I took out a subscription ?
    Is it re-activated or what ?
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

If you have a Lifetime FCT, the subscription-fee is reduced by around 2$ a month. The Lifetime FCT is running notwithstanding that you have a subscription or have bought the game on disk.

Regards

Swordfish

*removed*

Opened a new thread .
    Last edited by lackoo11111; May 18th, 2019 at 02:08 AM.

Ever thought of offering a discount to Pensioners & Seniors for the Subscription ?
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Significant problems running certain locomotives in TRS19 under certain conditions

Hello auran forums and N3V

Issue 1

I have been importing and installing old TS2 Mac content into TRS19 as well as adding some older dls content and have discovered that there are a number of quirks, bugs or issues with performance with some locomotives under certain conditions.

Issues with HP Trainz locomotives: Josefpav's F40PH Amtrak and BN GP38-2 locomotives have issues operating normally at times, though not all the time. These locomotives have among the best and most detailed cabs in Trainz (at least for US diesel locomotives) but at the moment there seem to be certain times/events in Trainz driving -- possibly due to track location (i.e. near an industry, signal or junction) -- where these locomotives will not run in either DCC or Cab mode: trying to adjust controls for either DCC or Cab mode in these situations results in the controls being reset (i.e. the control functions in both DCC and Cab mode resist being moved and reset to 0 on DCC and train brake employed, reverser to neutral and throttle at 0 in Cab mode). These locomotives can be run using the Drive command; it is possible to get these locomotives running using Drive command and then switch to DCC or Cab mode and then these locomotives run fine.

Please note that other than under certain circumstances -- again
    possibly due to track location (i.e. near an industry, signal or junction) -- these locomotives work fine/normally.

<kuid2:46162:100008:3> Amtrak F40PH blue stripes HP
    <kuid2:46162:50404:3> Amtrak F40PH 398
    <kuid2:46162:1038210:10> BN GP38-2 09

Issue 2

I have also been experiencing problems with some dls locomotives within a specific session currently being made by dennr: dennr's Union Pacific Dash 9's, available on the dls, will not function at all in Cab mode and appear to have significantly muted or reduced tractive power in DCC and also while using Drive command for me in my TRS19 install while trying to run this session WIP by dennr.

Please note:
    that these locomotives work perfectly fine outside of this session (dennr and I have been communicating about this issue and it could be for some as yet unknown or undetectable element within the session itself; however, dennr is a veteran Trainzer and veteran Trainzer session creator, and so far the best guess is that the issues I am experiencing are somehow unique to my installation of TRS19).

dls locomotives that are proving obstreperous in this session (and so far this session alone)

<kuid:450495:100896> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9571
    <kuid:450495:100897> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9571 (Weathered)
    <kuid:450495:100893> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9583
    <kuid:450495:100892> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9583 (Weathered)
    <kuid:450495:100845> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9599
    <kuid:450495:100882> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9599 (Weathered)
    <kuid:450495:100894> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9600
    <kuid:450495:100895> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9600 (Weathered)

To add some further mystery here, other dennr modified davesnow locomotives like the ES44AC Tier 4s created by davesnow and modified by dennr with davesnow's permission (as is case with Union Pacific Dash9s above) work perfectly in the session; only the above locomotives are impossible to run in Cab mode and have very muted tractive production (i.e. power and speed are significantly reduced) in both DCC and while using Drive command.

So far just some pre T:ANE locomotive assets are acting weird although I did see a JR coal hopper with the JR EOT facing the end of the coal hopper and not facing properly to show EOT to traffic behind it.

No loading or unloading problems have yet been encountered with various industries tested/used: passengers (of a few varieties), coal, fuel/oil/diesel, wheat, tofc truck trailers, well car loads (gunderson, 48ft and 53ft though JR containers double stacked still have the large gap in between its double loads) and water (for steam locos).

I am attempting to test everything that might be included in session work: locomotives, rolling stock and interactive industries.

Lots of locomotives work just fine in all modes but there do seem to be a few exceptions.

All locomotives appear to work in TRS19 using the Drive command but this is no way to play Trainz; I do suspect though that even Drive command function maybe limited in terms of power and speed for some of these locomotives that are not operating normally, although determining baselines for locomotive performance in TRS19 is beyond my Trainz skill set.

No problems so far with any JR locomotives, or many other locomotives regardless of payware, freeware (non dls) or dls; I cannot reach any conclusions thus far: only reporting testing experience.

I have checked the auran forums to see if anything/anyone has reported this issue: there are different TRS19 entries for bugs and glitches and a few about locomotive problems but none that I can see that relate to issues of locomotive performance, or locomotives not working properly in TRS19 so I am adding one and will see what happens.

Please note: I am not asking for davesnow, dennr or HP Trainz/josefpav or any asset maker/content creator to update or fix anything: I am trying to determine what the issue is with locomotive assets that work fine in TS12/TS2 Mac and some that are on the dls that do not work properly in TRS19, at least under certain common driving conditions.

Please note: Issues 1 and 2 listed here may or may not be related; I do not know as I have only been running and testing TRS19 for two weeks.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or if you have any questions.
    Hoping that other TRS19 users will see this as well as the hoped for response from auran administrators/N3V.

Thank you for reading!
    Thank you for any insights, suggestions or even possible theories you may have!

Owen
    Last edited by owsleyiii; June 15th, 2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling/formatting & clarifying; last change to resident auran font :)
    "Engineer blows the whistle loud and long
    Can't stop the train, gotta let it roll on" Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

Hi Tony, lots of us are having problems with the DVD install - see separate thread - starting to look like a DVD quality issue.

Sorry for the off topic , but as a T:ANE Platinum bundle + TMR 2017 owner i'd like to ask : Why am i unable to download these into my Trainz 2019 installation ?

VR M Class 4-4-0 - Early 2 Tone Green
    USATC S160 Class Steam
    Coronation Scott pack
    Duchess pack
    Last edited by lackoo11111; June 29th, 2019 at 02:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Lackoo11111
    Those DLC packs are able to be installed into TRS19. Could you please tell me if any of the assets relating to these packs show in Content Manager?

Or could you let me know if any of the folders for these DLC packs are showing in the 'Packages' folder within Trainz, by following these steps:

1) Double click on the TANE icon on your desktop, then click on Trainz Settings.
    2) Click on the 'Install' tab
    3) Left click on the path shown in the 'LocalData Path' box, then press CTRL + A to select all, then press CTRL + C to copy it. The path will look something like 'C:/Users/%username%/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TANE/build xxxxxxxx' if you have left this in the default location.
    4) Shut down Trainz and ensure that tane.exe had ended (check in Task Manager no other or tane.exe processes are running)
    5) Open Explorer (aka Windows Explorer, File Explorer, etc), then paste the path into the 'address' bar at the top of the screen.
    6) Now open the folder called 'Packages'.
    7) Please locate any folders starting with the following Package ID numbers:

tdd054
    tdd035
    sc430
    sc350

If you do see any folders starting with these Package ID numbers, could you let me know the full names of each of the folders?

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

This is a question regarding the 80% discount. Do I have had to download TRS19 from Steam to get the DLC to have the discount because the discounts do not show up on Trainz Portal or TRS19?

It's a little complex, but should work.

The N3V sale ended last week so you will need a Steam account, and a Steam version of Trainz that is compatible with the DLC you purchase. You then need to run your Steam version of Trainz which will let our systems know your MyTrainz username, and then it will be available in your Trainz ersion from our store.

e.g. You have TANE on Steam, you would need to purchase a TANE compatible DLC item that would then work in your N3V version of TRS19.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hey, guys in last week i downloaded TRS19 and I love to build routes. When I built my first route in TRS19 i saved it and shut down Trainz after i started trainz again and loaded the route i created the first platfrom was there but the others where i built a town and hills etc were gone.
    Can u help me solve this Problem?