TRS19 - FAQ Thread

I't looks nice but not enough info and way too expensive and how many more versions of trainz are we going to have,and whos going to make the assets for this for me uk items,NEED A VAST DISCOUNT.

Q. Will TRS19 require Internet Access?

A. Yes. TRS19 requires an Internet connection to be authorised to your MyTrainz account and then to access many features. It will operate offline, but requires an Internet connection on a regular basis (every month or so).
So I assume that this means that N3V will not be offering a DRM-free version that does not ever require connection to the Internet?

--Lamont

Two items in the Silver and Gold still have me confused:

1) Access to T:ANE.

Does this mean that T:ANE has the plugs pulled on it as well and it's now SAAS just like TRS2019?

2) Lifetime FCT.

There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.

Does this mean this ticket is no longer valid and we will need to purchase new tickets going forward?

Can you suspend a membership?

Thats a good question, especially for those who's income may not be predictable and they need that extra money one month.

But from what I saw Tony say in this thread earlier, you can cancel and resume without any negative effects, except not being able to access things.

Is Trainz becoming a yearly subscription game ? Much like ModelRailroader Magazine, as soon as you stop paying Kalmbach Publishing for a year subscription, and your yearly subscription runs out, the magazines stop coming ... In this case Trainz will stop functioning after 365 days ?

From what I understand that's only if you go for the subscription option. It is also available like previous versions for a one-off price on the Trainz Store.

Shane

Two items in the Silver and Gold still have me confused:

1) Access to T:ANE.

Does this mean that T:ANE has the plugs pulled on it as well and it's now SAAS just like TRS2019?

2) Lifetime FCT.

There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.

Does this mean this ticket is no longer valid and we will need to purchase new tickets going forward?

Hi Tony

I've been thinking the same as John -- please clarify!

Thanks
Ish

ISh and all,

I've "bitten the bullet" and purchased the download version this morning.
I have a lifetime FCT, and T:ANE, TRS12 (and loads of earlier versions)

Since then, I've used T:ANE (previous purchase of the boxed version), so that's still OK
I've used TS19 (Last Beta build)
Changes the update stream on TS19 Beta build to TS19, and have patched to the 96000 version.

My understanding is that for people like us who have T:ANE and DLC already purchased, nothing will change regarding them. We'll still be able to use them without restriction.

For newcomers, the subscription Gold subscription deal gives T:ANE and TS19, plus the advanced access and discounts
The Silver access is a bit of a hybrid - I haven't really looked into that.
My Trainz usage is periodic - sometimes not used for a few months, then brought back to life, so a one off purchase is good for me. If you're one of those people who always want the latest version, the Gold membership is the way to go (subject to finances - of course).

I'm just looking at the Routes page in 96000, and as far as I can tell, all the beta routes are still there.

HTH

Colin

So i just submitted a bug report via an online form and found i couldn't list Build 96000 as the build i'm using, so i went with Build 95595 or something like that. Hopefully the report goes through and the problem (which was present in T:ANE SP2 and up) is solved before the full release of the game.

So i just submitted a bug report via an online form and found i couldn't list Build 96000 as the build i'm using, so i went with Build 95595 or something like that. Hopefully the report goes through and the problem (which was present in T:ANE SP2 and up) is solved before the full release of the game.

That happens when the new version has come out and Tony hasn't updated the beta report system yet. You might want to send the helpdesk a note regarding the missing Build 96000 so the list can be updated.

The alternative is to use "Other" to indicate your version.

Just the other day I purchases a 1 year FTC for 26.99 US, your quoting 34.99 confuses me. Are they going up in price

Rob

Has there been any updates on information about Multiplayer Surveyor? I know there's been talks about adding it to Trainz 2019, but haven't heard much recently.

Has there been any updates on information about Multiplayer Surveyor? I know there's been talks about adding it to Trainz 2019, but haven't heard much recently.

It's most likely still in development. I tried a very early version of it, as proof of concept, and it worked okay but was prone to crashing and other issues which are most likely still being fleshed out.

Content creators getting short shrift?

The focus of the discussion here, so far, seems to be on the consumer, which maybe leaving the content creators with little or no attention or consideration.

Two questions come to mind:

1. With subscriptions is it becoming more expensive for content creators to create content?

…New Trainz versions come out roughly every three years, or have done for TS12, TANE and TRS19, so the membership looks less attractive. Do you expect new features, if not new versions, to come out more frequently using this approach?

…With the subscription model, we are able to release features far more frequently. …I we're looking at smaller but much-more-frequent releases. Offering a hybrid subscription/retail model allows everyone to make their mind up about whether they prefer the old release model or the new one. …

* People purchasing the product one-off will get exactly what they normally get. Service packs are included free, which will likely introduce some minor improvements but are primarily about resolving compatibility issues and bugs. When we release the next product, these users will need to pay for that new product, at which point they'll receive a whole raft of new features.

* Gold Subscriptions members will receive more frequent updates, including all of the service pack changes plus additional new features. By the time we release the next major product, these users will already have the majority of the new features. Their subscription already covers access to the features, so they won't need to pay anything extra to receive them.

It looks like content creators have no choice but to purchase the more expensive membership ($149/yr vs $23.33/yr based on a 3 year cycle) if they wish to create content for TRS19’s new features.

2. Will the introduction of subscriptions mean less reward for content creators and therefore less DLC content?

Traditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
* One DLC - Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99
Total = $145

Gold Class Membership = $149
* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 75 DLC items included(worth hundreds of dollars)
* Preview Pass included(to enjoy all new DLC items for 14 days per-release)
* Trainz Plus included (access to new Trainz features before anyone else)
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)

Gold Class Membership = $149 - TRS19 ($69.99) - FCT ($34.99/yr) = $39.02.
This is indeed less than one DLC item (i.e., Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99).

So, if consumers get a lot of DLC content with their subscription (e.g., $39.02 divided by a large number), content creator will be getting little reward for their efforts. If consumers get little DLC content with their subscription (e.g., $39.02 divided by a small number), they will be getting little benefit from their subscription.

The focus of the discussion here, so far, seems to be on the consumer, which maybe leaving the content creators with little or no attention...

I feel that content creators, should be given a content-creator's discount even it if means joining their content-creator's program.

Just my opinion...

My only question in this thread : Does TRS19 comes with a new sound engine or the developer team is only focusing on the graphics ?

I also have my own questions about TRS2019.

1:Is the USRA light pacific now a built-in item for TRS2019? I have seen some screenshots of it in TRS2019.

2:Will the game even run on an old Intel dual core CPU PC? I thought I saw on the TRS2019 pre-order thing that a 3GHZ CPU was a minimum.

3:Is the water color set to a nice,dark blue as default like it was in TS12? Or is the water color defaulted to a "Caribbean blue" water color which looks highly unrealistic...

4:Will things like coal loads on older steam locomotives (Like bdaneal's.) not have the coal/wood/water load floating above the tender/locomotive?

Thats my questions. And from the looks of some of the screenshots of TRS2019,it seems that a railyard like feature is in TRS2019,which pleases me,but I do not have the game right now due to the fact that to buy the game,which is a horrifying 91 dollars Canadian,and I don't want to do subscriptions ether. Will there be a version of TRS2019 that includes less routes and locomotives and rolling stock but includes a cheaper price tag for the game? (But still has the USRA light pacific included?)

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that my satisfaction is very high with the game so far. Trainz is better than ever before. And for the price, it's defenitly word it imo. I played 60 bucks for the whole game, and while that may sound a bit expensive, it's defenitly worth it.

Some answers (most of which are already answered on the FAQ page:

1) Access to T:ANE -
>> There are no plugs pulled on anything. Both TANE and TRS19 are available as stand-alone products. There is no compulsory subscription model.
If you currently own TANE, you will always own it. If you don't own TANE, you get access to it as part of the Gold Membership.

2) Lifetime FCT. There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.
>> I have no idea where this concept has come from. FCTs haven't changed and are not affected in any way by the membership options.
They will expire on the same day as they were going to expire previously.
You have a discount code in MyTrainz that gives you $2 a month off the monthly option or $24 off the annual option.
You are not trading your FCT in, it will effectively run "in parallel" with your membership FCT.

1:Is the USRA light pacific now a built-in item for TRS2019? I have seen some screenshots of it in TRS2019.
>> Yes it is now available as a built-in item (and you get to run it up to the top of Kickstarter County on a special day out session).

2:Will the game even run on an old Intel dual core CPU PC? I thought I saw on the TRS2019 pre-order thing that a 3GHZ CPU was a minimum.
>> Depending on your graphics card, it will most likely run but not as well as a higher end machine. Please check this link to run the benchmark test:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Performance_Configurator

3:Is the water color set to a nice,dark blue as default like it was in TS12? Or is the water color defaulted to a "Caribbean blue" water color which looks highly unrealistic...
>> Colour is chosen by the session creator. You can edit routes and sessions in TRS19 so you can make the colour purple if you want to.

4:Will things like coal loads on older steam locomotives (Like bdaneal's.) not have the coal/wood/water load floating above the tender/locomotive?
>> Sounds like a content issue that requires the creator to fix as it doesn't affect all steam locos.

5. Will there be a version of TRS2019 that includes less routes and locomotives and rolling stock but includes a cheaper price tag for the game? (But still has the USRA light pacific included?)
>> TRS19 is our current "latest" version. We chose not to split this version into Standard and Deluxe for release. I am sure that over the coming years there will be various different versions made available.​

Boy the servers must be pretty busy, cause I've tried to download with a high speed connection and it only gets about half way and stops.

2) Lifetime FCT. There are many of us here that have purchased the Lifetime FCT quite some years ago. This FCT runs out in 2037, or 22 years from now, according to the ticket counter.
>> I have no idea where this concept has come from. FCTs haven't changed and are not affected in any way by the membership options.
They will expire on the same day as they were going to expire previously.
You have a discount code in MyTrainz that gives you $2 a month off the monthly option or $24 off the annual option.
You are not trading your FCT in, it will effectively run "in parallel" with your membership FCT.

So essentially I will have bought 2 FCTs to run at the same time?

Will there be an option to upgrade from the static purchase (the $70 one) to one of the subscriptions without having to buy the game twice?

Can I play TS19 offline, or do I need an internet connection? (didn't dig thru all the pages here, might have been answered...)

peter

Back