TRS19 - FAQ Thread

That is the last public released build = Platinum. The other updates are beta for gold and plus membership. If you have membership change you stream to Trainz Plus Beta.

Actually, Platinum is 105100, or is this maybe for Mac?. Maybe there should be a chart of build numbers somewhere?

The last build I have for both Trainz Plus and Trainz Plus beta is 106618. But I confess I get a bit confused about all the variations. TrainzMPS is a bit newer and can change on the days of testing. :eek: If you interested in route collaboration or just interested, come along and play. The initial download is close to 9GB and needs to be a totally separate installation.

That is the last public released build = Platinum. The other updates are beta for gold and plus membership. If you have membership change you stream to Trainz Plus Beta.
Thanks, but I think I'll just stay with TANE for the immediate future. My problem, as a route builder, is that when TANE routes are imported into TRS2019, the colours are rendered very differently (presumably as a result of the specular lighting). To make routes meet my expectations, the work involved in redoing all the landscape/texturing is very significant. I believe they are still tinkering with specular lighting so there is no way that I am going to put in another 40-50 or more hours per route to make them look the way I want, only to find the next patch changes the colours again. I guess it's all in the name of progress ... but it is very frustrating. Regards. Colin.

If you are SP1 I believe you should be on 105096.
If you are Plus with quarterly updates you should be on 106618
If you are on Plus Beta stream you should also be on 106618 as no updates have come since the quarterly update.

Last time I updated my Mac version (4/22) I went from 105113 (fresh install) to 206702 then to 106755 where it sits now. Again, I'm on PLUS program.

Thanks, but I think I'll just stay with TANE for the immediate future. My problem, as a route builder, is that when TANE routes are imported into TRS2019, the colours are rendered very differently (presumably as a result of the specular lighting). --snip-
Regards. Colin.

Even if the environment/lighting is properly set? I agree that many routes look awful until the TRS-19 user adjusts the environment/lighting settings properly. In my opinion every Route creator should put a blurb in their "About" notes reminding the user to reset colors if using TRS-19.

Even if the environment/lighting is properly set? I agree that many routes look awful until the TRS-19 user adjusts the environment/lighting settings properly. In my opinion every Route creator should put a blurb in their "About" notes reminding the user to reset colors if using TRS-19.
Interesting thought, but if I can't get the colours to look right! Actually I can get them to look really good, but from a very narrow angle of vision. i.e. I can set up lovely screen shots. but running a train around bends etc where the angle changes ... and I am currently back to spending more satisfying time in TANE! Regards. Colin.

Interesting thought, but if I can't get the colours to look right! Actually I can get them to look really good, but from a very narrow angle of vision. i.e. I can set up lovely screen shots. but running a train around bends etc where the angle changes ... and I am currently back to spending more satisfying time in TANE! Regards. Colin.

I click on a green dot and then click reset to the default settings and adjust things myself rather than attempting to do it with the TRS19 settings as they are interpreted for a route based on what was there before. The reset settings look much like they did in T:ANE and once there I bring the lighting up or down as I see fit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2019-01-26 183215.jpg
    2019-01-26 183215.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 438
I click on a green dot and then click reset to the default settings and adjust things myself rather than attempting to do it with the TRS19 settings as they are interpreted for a route based on what was there before. The reset settings look much like they did in T:ANE and once there I bring the lighting up or down as I see fit.

attachment.php
Many thanks. I'll have a look at that. Regards. Colin.

hi guys iam having issues in trs19 with tunnels wont lay properly they only stay with grids very annoying trying to place them n they spin all directions not striaght
any fixes to this coming up

attachment.php

This is kinda interesting to me, as I've been looking in to getting TRS2019, but read a few concerning things, this being one of them...

Is this like when taking a TS12 Route and then importing to TANE, where it looks good in TS12, but in TANE everything is all washed out, far too bright, grass and trees are far too light green, and water looks freakishly bright blue? ...Is importing from TANE to TRS19 the same, or does TRS19 go back to being darker overall like TS12?
Would importing from TS12 to TRS19 make everything blazing white?

Is anyone else suddenly having issues with the TRC Trigger asset in build 106618? It worked fine last week, but suddenly searching for the asset in surveyor, or trying to load a route that uses this asset, results in an immediate CTD. This means I cannot load any route that uses this asset, ones I've made, ones other people have made, even payware routes that I paid real money for, and I also can't continue working on my current route project. Nothing has changed in my Trainz installation, settings, or content since this asset last worked. No updates or anything. The offending asset has no errors or warnings. I have run multiple database repairs, and deleted and reinstalled the asset, to no avail. I have tried all the usual troubleshooting methods, restarting, killing all game processes, and again, many, many DBR's, everything short of uninstalling the game (and I don't really want to do that). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Matt

Create a cdp of the asset and save it so you know where to find it. Then delete the asset from your database, start Trainz then see if the route will load, if it does load do a "delete missing assets" and save the route.

Cheers,
Bill69

i had added turx layer on specific section but now whenever i am adding new baseboard its prefilled with that turfx grass.how to get rid of this as i placed that turfx layer on specific section only

I note in the latest Trainz Newsletter that Surveyor 2.0 (S20) still doesn't show what layer a person is working on. At the right of the screenshot is a daunting list of layers and each and every one of them (except the one locked layer) is a potential trap for the unwary to begin laying down items only to find you've done it on the wrong layer.

When, if ever, is there going to be an indication of the layer in use?

Bill

is it possible, in any way to download TRS19 onto a chromebook?, it feels like it's been a year since i last played TRS19, a little bit of context here. I Used to have a laptop and a pc, they both could handle trs19 amazingly, but then i had to move to another place, and in the moving process the pc got stolen and hasn't been found, the laptop, however wasn't stolen, but then it broke, it wouldn't charge. and i couldn't afford another charger, but a few months later my aunt who i won't name for privacy purposes sent me the chromebook i'm writing this on as a christmas gift. so that brings me to the question at hand asked above. Thanks, Bobby.

Last edited:
Back