TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
If you have any questions, please visit our TRS19 FAQ page first. We've also created a page detailing the Early Access options and what you can expect.

If you do not find your answer or it isn't clear, then please post in this thread and we'll help you out.

Last edited:
I've answered most there (I believe), but this way we can keep things a little neater and tidier for people looking for answers.

So, can i just buy a One-Year FCT every year like i usually do, or will i be forced to migrate to the subscription service?

Oh, and the discount codes for the subscription service don't work.

Last edited:
Hi Tony --

Just an observation: can the discount membership in my discount account remain ready to be use anytime of the year!? (For all trainz register users, tho)

Ish

I for one will not be taking advantage of TRS19 on a subscription basis, too old at 80 to afford it.
Alternative for me is purchase of the basic system, without the routes as I do not play them anyway.
At the moment this does not appear to be on offer.

So, can i just buy a One-Year FCT every year like i usually do, or will i be forced to migrate to the subscription service?
Nothing has changed on the store. Nothing is likely to change in the future.

Oh, and the discount codes for the subscription service don't work.
Plenty of people are using their discounts. Perhaps you tried to use your annual discount code on a monthly membership option?

If I can't afford food and a monthly subscription for a particular month what happens?
Guess you will go hungry - depends how addicted you are to Trainz. ;) (Or looking at your sig, maybe skip two beers a month :) )

At the moment this [TRS19] does not appear to be on offer.
You can pre-order on the Trainz Store with access in two weeks.

If i take Gold Class for one ( 1) month then i can download TRS19 early and final release and have TANE Access. After one month all expire, it seems, i lost access to my TANE.

If you own TANE now or any DLC items, you will always own those, even if you subscribe and then cancel.

And more i lost my life FCT because I was agree to take this Gold Class
Your FCT operates normally and is not affected in any way by your subscription status. e.g. If you have 7 months left on your current FCT, use your discount for one month, then cancel. You still have 6 months left on your existing FCT.

can the discount membership in my discount account remain ready to be use anytime of the year

FCT discount codes expire at the end of September.

Last edited:

Since this answer is so vague i'm going to assume i can in fact just buy an FCT every year like usual.

Plenty of people are using their discounts. Perhaps you tried to use your annual discount code on a monthly membership option?

Apparently the $14 discount only works for the Silver and Gold memberships. There goes that idea.

In case you're not aware, Tony, most people believe a subscription service for a simulator game is a horrid idea, especially at ridiculous prices like these. $100 a year, or, Even worse, $150 a year? No way in hell am i paying that much for something like this. I'll stick to buying a yearly FCT if it means avoiding such a terrible business practice.

--------

In other news...i bought the base TRS19 package for $70 to get the Early Access. So will i get access to all the Built-In content for T:ANE (8 routes and all the fixins') in TRS19, or are those only available via a subscription to the Silver or Gold trainwreck?

Last edited:
I am aware that some people don't like subscriptions. I am also aware that very early on day 1, many more people are purchasing the Gold Class option than the pre-order option (by a significant margin).

I posted in another thread, but it is worth copying here as well so that we're comparing apples with apples:

Traditional Store purchases:
* TRS19 = $69.99
* FCT = $34.99/yr
* One DLC - Trainz Route: Coal Country = $39.99
Total = $145

Gold Class Membership = $149
* TRS19 included
* FCT included
* 75 DLC items included(worth hundreds of dollars)
* Preview Pass included(to enjoy all new DLC items for 14 days per-release)
* Trainz Plus included (access to new Trainz features before anyone else)
* 25% discount code (save 25% off items even when they are already on sale)

I bought the base TRS19 package for $70 to get the Early Access. So will i get access to all the Built-In content for T:ANE (8 routes and all the fixins') in TRS19?

All your TANE built-in items and DLC items will be available in TRS19. The Early Access version is the same whether you get it via pre-order or Gold Class.

Last edited:

Guess you will go hungry - depends how addicted you are to Trainz. ;) (Or looking at your sig, maybe skip two beers a month :) )

You can pre-order on the Trainz Store with access in two weeks.

If you own TANE now or any DLC items, you will always own those, even if you subscribe and then cancel.

Your FCT operates normally and is not affected in any way by your subscription status. e.g. If you have 7 months left on your current FCT, use your discount for one month, then cancel. You still have 6 months left on your existing FCT.

FCT discount codes expire at the end of September.

I do not know how to mark which of these as BS. My FCT expires in a week and I went to renew. All that I can get is a 7 day at $4.99. That is $20 a month $240 a year. You F***ing kidding me. I have been here a long time and enjoyed the game but that cost is ridicules. I guess in a week I am out of here because I can not work with out the FCT the Dl's are ridiculously slow.

My FCT expires in a week and I went to renew. All that I can get is a 7 day at $4.99.

Problem solved. We had taken the other options down temporarily while we sorted out a few things and they have now been reinstated.

Everything is back the way it was on the store. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, and also, there is now an option in MyTrainz to get your FCT through the subscription system.

Prices are $3.99 paid monthly or $34.99/yr. When going through this process, the FCT auto-renews on your account.

Last edited:
The DVD version will be available when official release happens later in the year. It will operate in the same manner as TANE and yes, your FCT works just the same too.

Back