TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Sorry to see you go RRSignal but I am sure that the rest of us will be be able to carry on.

I was also a user of the DRM-free version of TANE but have now gone back to using the normal version. It was simply easier to use because I did not have to wait until CM had verified all the DLC assets each time I switched the Internet access back on. I just don't know why people bother!

Not sure why it's harder for you, as the DRM-free version makes life far easier for me, but to each his own. But not having to upload new content to the DLS will make life a lot easier, that's for certain.

Last edited:
Not sure why it's harder for you, as the DRM-free version makes life far easier for me, but to each his own. But not having to upload new content to the DLS will make life a lot easier, that's for certain.

I'm sorry if you choose to go, but many great content creators have come and gone and Trainz keeps rolling along.

I did get every T:ANE route downloaded into TRS19. But for some reason, Legacy of the BN II did not download. Clicking the Download Purchased Assets on the Account window does nothing, either. And all of the T:ANE sessions are broken, since the drivers do not jump to their trains as they should. I have to manually place each driver with its specific train, which gets annoying. I'm pretty sure the portals in Phil Skene's sessions are buggy too; they never emit any trains throughout his sessions.

Oh, and that same Account page shows my current rank as 26 Stars, but the next rank is awarded at 24 Stars. :eek:

EDIT: In regards to the Portal issue, it seems that all of the portal-based rules (Central Portal Control, Un-Portal) do not work at all in TRS19. In Phil Skene's sessions, the Central Portal Control rule lists all portals as "ERROR". Trying to add more portals shows no available options. Placing a new Central Portal Control rule into the sessions also shows no available options when attempting to add a portal.

Last edited:
Hi,can anyone please tell me the download size of
TRS19, as I am on wifi dongle and have 20gb a month.

Last edited:
Howdy;
Can you edit Environment in the driver mode? You could do that before in Trainz a new Era when you first open the driver mode.

The Gold Subscription sounds like a great package, but for me it's financially a bit of a bite at least for now . . .

As someone who's on Social Security myself, being that I'm autistic, I know what you're mean by it being a little bit on the pricey side. The check's coming in soon and I'm putting it towards buying tickets to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's annual Railfest. Given that tickets are $25.00 and the extended backshop tour, which is something I just have to do, cost an extra $15.00, I'll be investing $40.00 for Railfest. Worth noting that tickets for their Missionary Ridge Local is $20.00, that's a pretty good deal, considering that I went all in at the first Railfest back in 2011, spending $200 for their top of the line 'Railfan' package, which, along with a nighttime photo session that I didn't attend, the included banquet meal with the then CEO of Norfolk Southern Wick Moorman that I attended, even though I hate banquets.
Anyway, back to the price of TRS2019. I'm pretty sure everyone here has something that they've been procrastinating on getting rid of that can be put on eBay or sell at a flea market or yard sale, or do something with to get the last few bucks needed to get TRS2019.

How to make a passenger and the train on the station illuminated. Now, street lamps have a bright circle on the ground but passengers and the train are in the dark

The answer to this one is (unfortunately):
Wait for the update where we add additional support for point lights

Once again
I tried to start TRS19 today but stuck with information 'Environment loading, please wait'. I'm waiting now almost 30 min, what to do.

Edit
Solved
I click on Driver/Surveyor and instalation continue successful

Last edited:
From the Adobe website:
Q. Are Adobe creative apps available without a subscription?

A. No, all the latest versions of Adobe creative apps are only available with a Creative Cloud month-to-month or annual plan.

Q. Is TRS19 available without a subscription?
A. Yes. Customers have a choice of the traditional option of purchasing through the Trainz Store, or through the new option of month to month membership that provides a range of additional benefits such as hundreds of dollars of DLC items, FCTs, store discounts and more.

peghorse, could you please explain your comparison of a system with no choice versius a system where you can do exactly the same thing as you did yesterday (or last year or 10 years ago), or chose one of the new options.

It really does puzzle me so this is a genuine question I am keen to know the answer to.

I use Adobe CS6 Master Suite -> the last before subscriptions. I smelt the rot coming so nipped it in the bud pronto. Does your subscription come with a tin? Cause I have always been about the Tins/packaging. Subscriptions mean less for more. Where once the holder of the tin had the holy grail of gaming, now you get nuffin. Wagon wheels have shrunk, Iced Vovos are 2/3rds of their original size, Vegemite now conforms to some 3rd world "standard" I wont have a bar of.... and on and on it goes. My niche is heirloom quality products in precious metals. If I do anything its INCREASE the value of my works. That's not happening with gaming I am so very sad to say. Take Creative Assemblies Total War Thrones of Britannia as an example. The dolt who oversaw the project negated half the stuff we loved and his contribution was to implement in-game "followers" :eek: Result? it tanked. Less less less for more more more. Even if I can get a non subscription option, you've reduced my glorious Trainz VIP "feeling" to pleb status. Its all about the personal connection the company has with the gamer themselves. I don't see why people cant figure that out. The fact that I am replying tells you how deeply Trainz had woven itself into my existence. Cheerz m8.

It;s pretty much woven into mine too - for about 100 hours a week while I'm awake and half of while I'm asleep :)

Back