TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Wow! That worked
Pleas know that when N3V releases that asset as freewre your system might not report that an update is available, depending on the version number they choose. Therefore you could miss out on any improvements that might hve been applied to the new release. I don't kow of any simple way around this but you could regularly check with a filter such as Modified And On DLS.

Hi Everyone,

I love the logical elegance of DLS, the content management database, and the change control abilities this enables. These are far superior to competitors and N3V should be proud of having had so much foresight in creating them. Yet the current discussion brings up, again, the convoluted state of payware and locked (or not) assets and dependencies on and off the DLS. The issue is that there are multiple protected, overlapping and conflicting distribution mechanisms and states for the same KUIDs and no clear N3V solution for reconciling them.

DLS and its current version-control scheme mean that there is only ever a single canonical version of a given KUID revision with associated active, locked or DRM states if DLS knows anything about that asset in the first place. But that’s not actually true. The same KUID may have been pre-installed from previous Trainz versions carrying different DRM levels. Or it could have been purchased from different distributors that might or might not DRM that asset. Or the asset could come in versions compatible with different Trainz levels but have been distributed with the same KUID revision regardless. Or the KUID could be marked as inactive payware in DLS because it was legitimately purchased outside of N3V and DLS.

Since the DLS only comprehends an asset as having limited active, locked or DRM states, it will potentially break the asset or its parents if it unknowingly changes the active, locked or DRM states (or even the content itself) in an update it deploys. Sometimes this is a relatively minor inconvenience such as suddenly being unable to modify an asset that you could modify before. Other times it’s more serious, such as that unmodifiable asset breaking or itself breaking another asset that depends on it. Sometimes it’s more serious still, as when a notional upgrade from one version of Trainz to another is, in actuality, a clean install of the new Trainz followed by DLS and manual reinstalls of all your assets. Some of those assets might not be reinstallable afterwards because they are payware from a previous Trainz and are thus un-importable. Others might be reinstalled from DLS but are now marked locked payware where they weren’t before. Still others might be upgraded and directly break other things. You could theoretically choose not to install DLS-deployed updates to your existing installed assets, or for that matter to never install an upgrade of Trainz itself, but that’s unrealistic for many of us since another asset or purchase from any source can and will, sooner or later, require a affected asset to be updated.

This seems, to me, a problem of N3Vs own making in their desire to get Trainz on as many platforms as possible, in as many ways as possible, and with as much DRM as possible. Of course I want Trainz to flourish and for N3V to succeed, so I’m eager to hear their plans for resolving the issues and moving ahead.

Thanks for reading,
Diego

Last edited:
I've purchased the Gold Membership a couple hours ago and sadly while I could pick those 5 DLC's for my vault I am unable to Download Trainz 2019 itself and I've not gotten any mentions of an added FCT added to my account either. I created a support ticket, but I wanted to post here as well, so folks responsible for it can fix this issue ASAP and grant me proper access. After all I'm curious to see what new additions they've made to this game and how well it would run on my computer :) Help is much appreciated!

"You can cancel your membership at any time and all benefits (including access to TANE and TRS19) will end at the expiration of that billing period. "

Where does one find this information? I have looked all through the membership options and other options in My Trainz Account and I cannot find this option. There is no CANCEL membership option. I just want to cancel my up-coming payment.

Last edited:
"You can cancel your membership at any time and all benefits (including access to TANE and TRS19) will end at the expiration of that billing period. "

Where does one find this information? I have looked all through the membership options and other options in My Trainz Account and I cannot find this option. There is no CANCEL membership option. I just want to cancel my up-coming payment.

If you are auto-paying, cancel the subscription. Your current subscription will last for the remaining days in the month and then will stop.

How do I get to the Install tab on Mac ?

Glad to hear you resolved your issue quickly, but just to correct the record - both Mac and Windows versions have the relevant setting under the "Install" tab.

cheers,

chris

Hi Chris, try as I might, I can't find the Install tab :( I can see where it would be on a Windows PC, but it's simply not there on my Mac. Is it somehow hidden after installing ?

This is whats shown in the TRS19 FAQs

[h=4]Q. What happens if I cancel my membership[/h][FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]A. If you cancel, you continue to have access to everything you were previously entitled to until your membership period expires. At that time, Gold Class members will get a "Not authorised" message when trying to log in.If you own TANE or TRS19, after your membership expires, when you next log in to Trainz your Content Vault items will show as “Not Active”.[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]I can't see any point in renewing a Subscription which was given to me for Christmas in any form as being on a pension I don't buy from the shop anyway
[/FONT]and after only 4 months the free items are already showing items I already have chosen

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Now If I cancel my Gold Class and buy the game on Disk I know all the free downloads will not be accessible
but
What happens to the Lifetime FCT I had before I took out a subscription ?
Is it re-activated or what ?
[/FONT]

If you have a Lifetime FCT, the subscription-fee is reduced by around 2$ a month. The Lifetime FCT is running notwithstanding that you have a subscription or have bought the game on disk.

Regards

Swordfish

Significant problems running certain locomotives in TRS19 under certain conditions

Hello auran forums and N3V

Issue 1

I have been importing and installing old TS2 Mac content into TRS19 as well as adding some older dls content and have discovered that there are a number of quirks, bugs or issues with performance with some locomotives under certain conditions.

Issues with HP Trainz locomotives: Josefpav's F40PH Amtrak and BN GP38-2 locomotives have issues operating normally at times, though not all the time. These locomotives have among the best and most detailed cabs in Trainz (at least for US diesel locomotives) but at the moment there seem to be certain times/events in Trainz driving -- possibly due to track location (i.e. near an industry, signal or junction) -- where these locomotives will not run in either DCC or Cab mode: trying to adjust controls for either DCC or Cab mode in these situations results in the controls being reset (i.e. the control functions in both DCC and Cab mode resist being moved and reset to 0 on DCC and train brake employed, reverser to neutral and throttle at 0 in Cab mode). These locomotives can be run using the Drive command; it is possible to get these locomotives running using Drive command and then switch to DCC or Cab mode and then these locomotives run fine.

Please note that other than under certain circumstances -- again
possibly due to track location (i.e. near an industry, signal or junction) -- these locomotives work fine/normally.

<kuid2:46162:100008:3> Amtrak F40PH blue stripes HP
<kuid2:46162:50404:3> Amtrak F40PH 398
<kuid2:46162:1038210:10> BN GP38-2 09

Issue 2

I have also been experiencing problems with some dls locomotives within a specific session currently being made by dennr: dennr's Union Pacific Dash 9's, available on the dls, will not function at all in Cab mode and appear to have significantly muted or reduced tractive power in DCC and also while using Drive command for me in my TRS19 install while trying to run this session WIP by dennr.

Please note:
that these locomotives work perfectly fine outside of this session (dennr and I have been communicating about this issue and it could be for some as yet unknown or undetectable element within the session itself; however, dennr is a veteran Trainzer and veteran Trainzer session creator, and so far the best guess is that the issues I am experiencing are somehow unique to my installation of TRS19).

dls locomotives that are proving obstreperous in this session (and so far this session alone)

<kuid:450495:100896> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9571
<kuid:450495:100897> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9571 (Weathered)
<kuid:450495:100893> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9583
<kuid:450495:100892> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9583 (Weathered)
<kuid:450495:100845> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9599
<kuid:450495:100882> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9599 (Weathered)
<kuid:450495:100894> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9600
<kuid:450495:100895> Union Pacific UP Dash 9 #9600 (Weathered)

To add some further mystery here, other dennr modified davesnow locomotives like the ES44AC Tier 4s created by davesnow and modified by dennr with davesnow's permission (as is case with Union Pacific Dash9s above) work perfectly in the session; only the above locomotives are impossible to run in Cab mode and have very muted tractive production (i.e. power and speed are significantly reduced) in both DCC and while using Drive command.

So far just some pre T:ANE locomotive assets are acting weird although I did see a JR coal hopper with the JR EOT facing the end of the coal hopper and not facing properly to show EOT to traffic behind it.

No loading or unloading problems have yet been encountered with various industries tested/used: passengers (of a few varieties), coal, fuel/oil/diesel, wheat, tofc truck trailers, well car loads (gunderson, 48ft and 53ft though JR containers double stacked still have the large gap in between its double loads) and water (for steam locos).

I am attempting to test everything that might be included in session work: locomotives, rolling stock and interactive industries.

Lots of locomotives work just fine in all modes but there do seem to be a few exceptions.

All locomotives appear to work in TRS19 using the Drive command but this is no way to play Trainz; I do suspect though that even Drive command function maybe limited in terms of power and speed for some of these locomotives that are not operating normally, although determining baselines for locomotive performance in TRS19 is beyond my Trainz skill set.

No problems so far with any JR locomotives, or many other locomotives regardless of payware, freeware (non dls) or dls; I cannot reach any conclusions thus far: only reporting testing experience.

I have checked the auran forums to see if anything/anyone has reported this issue: there are different TRS19 entries for bugs and glitches and a few about locomotive problems but none that I can see that relate to issues of locomotive performance, or locomotives not working properly in TRS19 so I am adding one and will see what happens.

Please note: I am not asking for davesnow, dennr or HP Trainz/josefpav or any asset maker/content creator to update or fix anything: I am trying to determine what the issue is with locomotive assets that work fine in TS12/TS2 Mac and some that are on the dls that do not work properly in TRS19, at least under certain common driving conditions.

Please note: Issues 1 and 2 listed here may or may not be related; I do not know as I have only been running and testing TRS19 for two weeks.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or if you have any questions.
Hoping that other TRS19 users will see this as well as the hoped for response from auran administrators/N3V.

Thank you for reading!
Thank you for any insights, suggestions or even possible theories you may have!

Owen

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic , but as a T:ANE Platinum bundle + TMR 2017 owner i'd like to ask : Why am i unable to download these into my Trainz 2019 installation ?

VR M Class 4-4-0 - Early 2 Tone Green
USATC S160 Class Steam
Coronation Scott pack
Duchess pack

Last edited:
Hi Lackoo11111
Those DLC packs are able to be installed into TRS19. Could you please tell me if any of the assets relating to these packs show in Content Manager?

Or could you let me know if any of the folders for these DLC packs are showing in the 'Packages' folder within Trainz, by following these steps:

1) Double click on the TANE icon on your desktop, then click on Trainz Settings.
2) Click on the 'Install' tab
3) Left click on the path shown in the 'LocalData Path' box, then press CTRL + A to select all, then press CTRL + C to copy it. The path will look something like 'C:/Users/%username%/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TANE/build xxxxxxxx' if you have left this in the default location.
4) Shut down Trainz and ensure that tane.exe had ended (check in Task Manager no other or tane.exe processes are running)
5) Open Explorer (aka Windows Explorer, File Explorer, etc), then paste the path into the 'address' bar at the top of the screen.
6) Now open the folder called 'Packages'.
7) Please locate any folders starting with the following Package ID numbers:

tdd054
tdd035
sc430
sc350

If you do see any folders starting with these Package ID numbers, could you let me know the full names of each of the folders?

Regards

This is a question regarding the 80% discount. Do I have had to download TRS19 from Steam to get the DLC to have the discount because the discounts do not show up on Trainz Portal or TRS19?

Back