Thread: Railroad operation style sessions

Default Railroad operation style sessions

I doubt these are out there but ill ask anyway. Is there any kind of Multiplayer sessions where its run like a real railroad (Ex someone playing a dispatch and issuing orders and a Train crew operating the trains?) If they do exist I wanna join in!
    Illinois Railroad Museum Volunteer

United States of America, California, Fresno
    Blog Entries

Me too! Multiplayer has been awfully quiet lately.
    Franksup

United States of America, Fla., Spring Hill

I would like to join in too.

United States of America, Michagan, White Lake
    Blog Entries

Years ago I used to run a group who focused on operations. But the number of issues with Trainz MP, and the release of Run8 we moved away from Trainz MP operations.

I agree mostly with JIb228. Moved to Run8 for that. Anyway - the only ones I found that bring more operation aspects into game were this and the this one - which I liked a lot and could be a nice base for an multiplayer session.
    Lockheed

Default Proto ops

I hold photo op sessions on my model railroad using time table and train orders to control train movements and car cards/waybills (arguably not really prototype!) to control car forwarding.
    Each session has:
    a dispatcher (who issues train orders)
    train order operators (who copy the train orders onto forms - I had form 19 orders custom printed on onionskin paper - we use carbon paper when multiple copies are required)
    two yard masters (who run the two yards where cars are classified and added to appropriate passing trains)
    a local switch crew for a town with 47 car spots
    multiple road crews

I'm hoping I can duplicate this sort of thing in Trains 2019.

In the meanwhile, I'd be more than slightly interested in joining a multiplayer session to see what its like (while I work on route building)

H.Fithers (Trainz beginner)

I am very interested in participating in operating sessions in TRS19. I had an HO scale layout that took up my whole bonus room, and hosted operating sessions using index cards and paper clips. One inspiration for that was a well-written book titled "How to Operate Your Model Railroad" by Bruce A. Chubb. While I no longer have my HO layout, I try to attend card order sessions at a live steam club when able.

A few years ago people were running the UMR multiplayer layout and there was a rule called "Car Tagger" which allowed you to tag cars with destination industries. Unfortunately, it does not work with newer versions of Trainz.

In my limited spare time, I have been working on writing a card order rule that will hopefully replicate the card order process in Trainz.

-Al