TS 2019 Install

JackDownUnder

With the imminent release of pre view version I would like clarification regarding how it will instal alongside an existing version.
Will it leave the existing version alone and instal in its own new directory.
My request for an answer to this relates to my current developing route which has been in progress now since TS2009.
I have finally after lots of hiccups both self inflicted and patch inflicted managed to run my session to its conclusion.
My first task would be to import this route into TS2019 so the next question is will it successfully do this.

With the imminent release of pre view version I would like clarification regarding how it will instal alongside an existing version.
Will it leave the existing version alone and instal in its own new directory.
My request for an answer to this relates to my current developing route which has been in progress now since TS2009.
I have finally after lots of hiccups both self inflicted and patch inflicted managed to run my session to its conclusion.
My first task would be to import this route into TS2019 so the next question is will it successfully do this.
Not wishing to overstate the obvious, but BACK IT UP somewhere safe before you try to import it to any version of Trainz. Being a Route builder, I know the amount of hours of work that can so easily be screwed up or lost. Regards. Colin.

I always export my route and sessions to a .cdp after each days activity, so no worries there.
I have suddenly realised this morning after leaving TRS19 to download overnight that my lifetime FCT may or may not be usable for TRS19.
Could anyone clarify this for me.

Another thought while the asset downloads are in progress.
What type of problems will I face if/when I import all my New Era SP3 content?

My lifetime FCT is the only ticket I have open, and I can download no problems.

Importing all your SP3 content will take a while!

All of the old routes will appear far too bright in TS19. Just edit the environment settings.
Some assets will have a bit to much reflection. Other than that, I've not had too many problems.

Colin

Just determined that the new install was put in my C:/ drive.
During set up for instal I changed it to my F:/ drive which is my dedicated NV3 SSD Drive.
Now I will have to move it all.

Just imported my Yorkshire North route and Sessions.
Lots of missing assets listed.
Downloaded those listed as available for download.
Now left with my payware items to recover.
These are mainly from paulztrainz, will check with him before installing.

Check with paulztrainz indicated to import.
There are a couple of problems which I have reported to him

Last edited:
See below and more comments above and to follow.

My lifetime FCT is the only ticket I have open, and I can download no problems.

Importing all your SP3 content will take a while!

I have decided to only import my active route with its sessions for the time being, this way I maintain a clean mean instal.

All of the old routes will appear far too bright in TS19. Just edit the environment settings.
Some assets will have a bit to much reflection. Other than that, I've not had too many problems.

Noted

Colin

A little bit of work to fix a few problems as follows

- Drive Session,
- lists all session
- does not show command along bottom of screen
- schedules do not start.

- driver setup commands have disappeared
- schedule library commands are still evident
- portal timetable rule commands are still evident
- original drivers are not in driver setup.

Last edited:
Just determined that the new install was put in my C:/ drive.
During set up for instal I changed it to my F:/ drive which is my dedicated NV3 SSD Drive.
Now I will have to move it all.
I have two reports that selecting an alternate installation location doesn't work. So my current recommendation is to accept the default install, then immediately move it. That seems to be going OK so far.

Back