Bought a new computer today

I finally found the spot. I pinned it to my Start Menu so i could find it easier. MS Sure buried the setting far enough down. Like drilling teeth. Now TS2012 is really cooking. I loaded up my most laggy route in a third the time. Moving around was like flying a jet plane instead of an ultralight.

I'm setting up TANE right now. The core program goes on the SSD and the build data on the secondary 2TB drive. I just have to make sure I have the right pointers set up. I also don't want to forget adding the little folder in the hidden Userdata directory.

Bill

Yikes!

I copied all the files and put them where they should be, then started T:ANE. It took approximately 15 seconds to run through the first video startup procedure (the countdown) then hit me with the main menu.

My inclination was to start conservatively with the settings (especially video), then work up to higher video settings. But, then I got impatient and ran them all the way up to Ultra, saved, and restarted the game.

BOOM! Instant menu.

I loaded my most complicated and "busy" route: The DHR. It took less than 40 seconds to load (my old machine took around 5 minutes). The in-game settings were adjusted to ultra on the sliders and, after exiting and restarting the game and back to the DHR, I found it again loaded in less than a minute. I can now move around smoothly in any density of content with no jutter, lagging, or hesitation whatsoever. I haven't yet run a train, but I expect the frame rates to be through the roof.

I am a happy camper.

Thanks for the assistance, guys. Much appreciated.

Bill

Back