Broken Link for Cayden's MBC1887 Route!

shebashetan7

Recently, a problem has emerged with the MBC1887 route on Cayden's site. At the moment, it is not available for download. Both links on this address for the route do not work. http://doug56.net/CPRMS1887Route/route.html

Not Found

The Requested Resource Could Not Be Found On This Server!

Cayden needs to be informed about this. Is anyone else finding themselves unable to download Cayden's MBC1887 route?

I tried both download links on that page and they do not work. They are replaced by an empty husk placeholder called a 404 error.

I am current out of town. I’ll have a look at the links tomorrow when I get back and make sure they are working.

Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Was out to BC a couple of weeks ago and visited the archives in Revelstoke. I was able to get some early pictures of the town site up by the CPR yards. So now I can hopefully finish off the route with Farwell, for which I also have pictures, down by the river at the railway crossing and Revelstoke up by the yards.

Cayden

Wow, thanks for sharing that. The trip is very promising for the route. By the way, I was curious if you had seen the vintage equipment me and normhart made to go with your route. I made a few CPR 2-8-0's and 2-6-0's from the 1880's-1900's era, plus several cabooses and boxcars. Just letting you know.

Wow, thanks for sharing that. The trip is very promising for the route. By the way, I was curious if you had seen the vintage equipment me and normhart made to go with your route. I made a few CPR 2-8-0's and 2-6-0's from the 1880's-1900's era, plus several cabooses and boxcars. Just letting you know.

Yes, I saw the locomotives and rolling stock but haven't got around to downloading them yet. Summer seems to have flown by without much time for Trainz. Lots of projects for the fall/winter. I would like to complete the 1887 route to compliment the more recent version to be released with TRS19. Also would like to put the 150 mile 2010 version of the Mountain Subdivision (Kicking House Pass to Revelstoke) into TRS19 and onto the DLS. Would like to add the Arrowhead branch line from Revelstoke to Arrowhead to the 1887 version.

Then too, I am contemplating redoing my Blender tutorial to bring them more up to date. I wrote the originals when I was learning Blender. Now with more experience I think they could be better organized and informative, particularly for those wanting to learn Blender. I would like to add FBX and PBR (Physical Based Rendering) so the tutorials will be compatible with Trainz2010, Trainz2012, T:ANE and TRS19.

It has surprised me how little discussion has gone on of late on the forum with respect to creating Trainz assets. The Content Creation Forum is almost dead with perhaps one or two posts a week. Lots of post on other forums showing assets under development of finish, but not much on how to create content. A lot of the time one is faced with "reverse engineering", not the easiest way to learn. Many of the tutorials that do exist are quite out of date (including my own). I yearn for the days, as short lived as they were, when we had a Trainz magazine to which many users made very valuable and informative contributions.

Cayden

I completely agree with you on the part about content creation and the defunct Trainz magazine. So much time has passed ever since I got my first copy of Trainz (TRS2006) that much of the big resources that we once had (Virtual Railroader, VMD, and USLW) are now history, their sites now empty husks with no soul, replaced by placeholder garbage they call a "404 Error." They suffered from their owners not being around to pay the hosting costs, hackers and general link rot. So sad because those site had great content that is no longer available, and adding insult to injury is that archive.org was not fast enough to save all of the content, thus they're lost forever, all because for one part - the dread robots.txt. :(

The links to the Canadian Pacific Railway’s Mountain Subdivision circa 1887 (T:ANE compatible) have been fixed.

The route MBC 1887B 17 08 15 1515 kuid:431633:101869 can be found here:

http://doug56.net/CPRMS1887Route/route.html

The Session Fuel Run 2 Jun 2018 kuid:431633:101699 can be found here:

http://doug56.net/CPRMS1887Sessions/

The Canadian Pacific Railway’s Mountain Subdivision circa 2010 is also available for T:ANE.

MBC2010 17 09 22 2200 kuid:431633:101801 can be found here:

http://doug56.net/MBC2010/route.html

If anyone is still has problems obtaining these files please let me know.

Cayden

Wonderful route Cayden!
The only problem I am having so far is that the cordwood DOES NOT load at the opening of the session when I back down the siding.
If i select the LOAD command, the train takes off up the hill for quite a distance by itself. I have to stop it manually.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards,
Wmm1216

Just discovered and downloaded the MBC route (for TANE). Great scenery and love the (partial) aircraft setup and route. Am I the only to notice a tree smack in the centre of the track and missing water in some places (where it suddenly ends but shouldn't? And a tunnel that half of which doesn't exist!?

MBC-Route%21-No-missing-dependencies-yet-this-missing-tunnel%3F.jpg

Back