bdaneal, pennsylvaniarr001 unique assets

Forester1

Hi! Looking for a couple of unique items. <kuid:96914:4873> by bdaneal needed for the <kuid:344000:4803> ATSF Baldwin 2-10-0M tender. I have downloaded everything connected with any baldwins from his site, but can't find this one asset.

Also two by Pennsylvaniarr001 to complete the Arcade & Attica Route:
<kuid:682163:100402>
<kuid:682163:100403>
I have tried looking for his site and I tried sending a pm, neither has yielded any result. Anyone have any ideas for these three assets?

Thanks!

Thanks p-dehnert. I don't know how I missed that on the front page, LOL! I now have the baldwin complete, but the on I downloaded has an issue with another faulty dpendency, which is <kuid:96914:504872> blw dec b2

- <kuid:96914:504872> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'engine_black.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-72||kuid 96914 504872.tzarc|'
- <kuid:96914:504872> VE165: Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'blw_con_b2.im', material '*invisbogey*A33F95B*material #1*m.onetex'.

I opened a whole slew of bdaneal assets looking for this engine_black.texture file, but can't find it, so I think I am ready to give up. It's a lot easier just to delete this stuff than to fight it all the time... Thanks again for your response!

Last edited:
Thanks p-dehnert. I don't know how I missed that on the front page, LOL! I now have the baldwin complete, but the on I downloaded has an issue with another faulty dpendency, which is <kuid:96914:504872> blw dec b2

- <kuid:96914:504872> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'engine_black.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-72||kuid 96914 504872.tzarc|'
- <kuid:96914:504872> VE165: Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'blw_con_b2.im', material '*invisbogey*A33F95B*material #1*m.onetex'.

I opened a whole slew of bdaneal assets looking for this engine_black.texture file, but can't find it, so I think I am ready to give up. It's a lot easier just to delete this stuff than to fight it all the time... Thanks again for your response!

The issue rings a bell. Check the shadow folder and see if it's in there. If not check the main folder and copy the black texture into the shadow folder. I can't remember if this was the fix.

But if you can't find the texture, it's easy to make you know. A simple 16 x 16 square of black texture with a tiny spot of white in there to not cause a uniform-color error. Save as engine_black.tga

Copy an already existing texture.txt file. Open it up and change the listed texture as engine_black.tga, and rename your copy as engine_black.texture.txt. If one of these already exists for the texture it's even easier.

Go to the DLS and download 'Dockside invisible bogey', <KUID2:96914:50981:1>. In Content Manager, right click on it, move the cursor over 'Open', and select 'Show in Explorer'. You will see a file title 'engine_black' and 'engine_black.texture'. Now go to 'blw dec b2' in Content Manager, right click on it, move the cursor over 'Open', and select 'Show in Explorer'. Now copy 'engine_black' AND 'engine_black.texture' from 'Dockside invisible bogey' into 'blw dec b2'. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE. Now exit out of the two. In Content Manager, right click on 'Dockside invisible bogey', and select 'Revert to Original'. In Content Manager, right click on 'blw dec b2' and select 'Submit Edits'. If you've followed this to a 't', 'blw dec b2' will no longer be faulty. Please note that all of Ben's steam locomotives on his 'Generic Steam Locomotives' section under 'Baldwin Shortline Locomotives' have the same problem, specifically the dependency ending in 'b2'. Simply repeat the process in this post to all of them as you download and install them.

Thanks for finding that Jordon412! Thanks to both of you for your responses, I will give them a try. Anyone got a clue on the pennsylvaniarr001 assets?

I think it was pennsylvaniarr001 that was uploading altered assets to the DLS, re-skinned assets, and re-distributing my route, without getting permission from the original creator(s)

If that is the case, I don't want his assets. I will improvise. Thanks for letting me know CascadeRailroad!

No, that was the notorious BillVu.
I remember it was pennsylvaniarr001 that said: "I found this cool route and thought I'd share it with the Community", and it was my route that he hosted on a filesharing site ... He always posts in the config file that he got permission to reskin, thanks to the creator(s), when he didn't have permission from anyone ... he just thought it was a free-for-all, and thought it was a cool idea to share other peoples assets, and he stormed out of the community in a huff, when this aspect was brought to his attention of illegal redistribution, which he thought was silly and ridiculous that people claimed they owned copywrites to their assets

Last edited:
That's more than enough for me. call this thread done. unless there are valid originals of whatever those were.Thanks again!

Back