Article: Experience Trainz in a whole new light...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good but still short on detail, so to repeat my (currently unanswered) questions on the main forum can the following get a response, please?

1. Will "EA" also be available via Steam?

2. How much for EA vs. full release. How complete is the EA version against the milestones for the full version. Memory of the Flight Sim World early access debacle still fresh in my mind.

3. Can the default routes in the Standard version now be confirmed.

I don't think those questions are unreasonable given you are trying to sell this with a 22 second video clip that conveys a quickshot graphic impression and a music overlay which muffles out any in game sounds.

I would love to see videos whilst driving with its own sound, not teasers with bgm... This doesn't still convince me, I guess I'll wait for the reviews of other players then, what a shame.

Last edited:
A "Teaser" is just that - designed to tease. Everything will be revealed Aug 22/23 (depending on where you live).

Well I think it looks great! The only thing I heavily suggest is if you haven't, I would get rid of that old clickety clack sound and replace it with something more realistic one with a lower pitch, hard metal sound. Also rumbling is a default sound that I think we also need. Again, if this has not been added already or it could be added in future updates.

A "Teaser" is just that - designed to tease. Everything will be revealed Aug 22/23 (depending on where you live).
It looks so real !

OMG ... Five whole days ... But Cartman can't wait for the New Nintendo Wii to come out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT0LXfs2J9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjax52bAHSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGlwL1dk1oM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6VH_-Ry3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo60hfnBR1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnK5EDipYIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJPP7GkuPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVZvQ0hP28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3Nyf4bf_4

I just bought T:ANE ... Now to buy TMR ... Then to buy the Next T:ANE, in a whole new light, to complete my collection

Last edited:
Is this means no more service packs for T:ANE ?

We've introduced Nvidia TurfFX (for PC only at this stage), which not only provides dense ground cover, but it also animates in the wind.

So AMD users screwed again .

I don't like when a developer sell his soul to one hardware manufacturer . Do you know how much an upgrade cost ?

Is this means no more service packs for T:ANE ?

So AMD users screwed again .

I don't like when a developer sell his soul to one hardware manufacturer . Do you know how much an upgrade cost ?

AMD is welcome to develop a similar technology if they want, it's not a N3V issue for users who run inferior graphics cards. This coming from someone currently using an AMD gpu. They are again competitive in the CPU market, but are still a decent bit behind Nvidia on the GPU side of things unfortunately.

Also, T:ANE will (supposedly) be updated further after the release of TRS19.

For clarity Nvidia developed the tech, but it works fine on AMD GPUs on PC. It is Macs that are not currently supported.

I need the TRS2019 manual (or the file name) and any manuals for scenery that came with Early Access. I purchased the Pre-release. ($69). The manuals poped up when I installed TRS19. But so far have to seen any manuals in my Docs, download folder or in TRS2019 folder or in any hidden folder. I am new to Trainz. Got TANE about a month ago to get a feel for TRS19. Been using Railworks versions and TSW. But as of now can't build in TSW. Think I am going to like TRS19. Been most a flight simulator guy since 1995. Worked on Navy aircraft in the real world.

Nice video Tony. :D

TRS19 is what Trainz A New Era finally delivers.

Sorry for my bad English; this is a translation done with Google Translate; I hope you understand the idea.
They're trying to sell us a product (TS 2019) that hasn't been finished yet. For seventeen years, I've been systematically buying each release from Aurán like, surely most of us, the users of Tane and, Trainz.
With Tane, I have the SP3 and, is the version that, more problems has brought me when trying to enjoy this game pretentiously "railway simulator".
I have uninstalled and reinstalled dozens of times for not finding the nature of the various bugs. I spend days and weeks designing a route and suddenly the game decides to "hang" or, suspended without doing anything or allowing me to edit. If not, I touch with the mouse pointer a way and it closes. To have it on screen again, I have to wait between eight and nine minutes. Obviously, it has lost the last actions I've done, and it gives me the option to revert the changes or keep them. Of course, if I keep them, anyway, the game will exclude them, and I'll have to do the same job again.
As a user and old client, I believe I have the right to claim seriousness, honesty and professionalism both in the development of the products we are offered, as in a correct adjustment and after-sales service. The TS 2019, (beta), should come to us totally free and, the company (Nv3), should have a database with the registered customers, their kuid numbers, credit card, etc.; I in my company, to my loyal customers, I usually reward them, I do not try to repeat mistakes of the past and much less deceive them by disrespecting them.
In another order, it seems like a mockery when we are given computer solutions or, either how to modify a program or a configuration of an aggregate by errors. If this add-on was downloaded from the DS, you should have checked that there were no errors. I don't download aggregates from amateur sites, unless I know them personally and they have earned my trust. If I download aggregates from the DS, from now on, I intend that, these are valid for the version of my game and, that I have previously selected in the download menu.
The good business, part of a good business strategy for new customers, seriousness for new and old and, fundamentally a preferential treatment for old and loyal. You're not doing that, and it would be interesting for you to try.
This time, I am not going to buy the TS2019, you have lost one customer that should be kept and, surely with me, so many others have already made the same decision. Evidently you are not right with the market strategy.
Atte. J. Miguel León (miguelus- kuid 210891)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Hi Ken - Use the ? in-game to open the help pages. Help is provided primarily via the Wiki. If you prefer a good read of a proper "manual" then I suggest your TANE install > File > View PDF Manual.

Miguel - thanks for your report (Google translate did a pretty good job!).

Re saving/using changes,
>> Please read this article: https://support.trainzportal.com/in...or-restoring-a-backup-version-of-your-content

The TS 2019, (beta), should come to us totally free
>>
If only our staff worked totally free, this would be possible. We have spent many years working on ensuring that TRS19 is far beyond any previous version of Trainz. We have also been updating TANE for our existing customers. There is no compulsion to purchase the new product, but we believe that it is worth every penny.

I do not try to repeat mistakes of the past and much less deceive them by disrespecting them.
>>
There is no disrepect intended and we do believe we have listened to our customers and worked on ensuring this version is the most stable version ever released.

If this add-on was downloaded from the DS, you should have checked that there were no errors.
>> With 500,000 items in circulation, this is an impossible task. Our solution to to ensure that as many of the items as possible are compatible and to provide users with validation that explains any errors.

The simplest solution is to avoid products with errors - just delete them. There are often many other alternatives available. Of rouce you can also attempt to fix the items if you choose to, or wait for the content creator to fix it.

Fundamentally a preferential treatment for old and loyal.
>>
Another way of looking at this is for the customer loyalty to the developer to ensure that the product continues to get better and better. If everyone took the attitude of "I want the upgrade for free" then
(i) there would be a huge reduction in our revenue
(ii) this would lead to staff lay offs and abandonment of all future development.

It is only with the support of our customers that we can continue to develop Trainz. The choice is totally up to you.

Hi Ken - Use the ? in-game to open the help pages. Help is provided primarily via the Wiki. If you prefer a good read of a proper "manual" then I suggest your TANE install > File > View PDF Manual.

Miguel - thanks for your report (Google translate did a pretty good job!).

Re saving/using changes,
>> Please read this article: https://support.trainzportal.com/in...or-restoring-a-backup-version-of-your-content

The TS 2019, (beta), should come to us totally free
>>
If only our staff worked totally free, this would be possible. We have spent many years working on ensuring that TRS19 is far beyond any previous version of Trainz. We have also been updating TANE for our existing customers. There is no compulsion to purchase the new product, but we believe that it is worth every penny.

I do not try to repeat mistakes of the past and much less deceive them by disrespecting them.
>>
There is no disrepect intended and we do believe we have listened to our customers and worked on ensuring this version is the most stable version ever released.

If this add-on was downloaded from the DS, you should have checked that there were no errors.
>> With 500,000 items in circulation, this is an impossible task. Our solution to to ensure that as many of the items as possible are compatible and to provide users with validation that explains any errors.

The simplest solution is to avoid products with errors - just delete them. There are often many other alternatives available. Of rouce you can also attempt to fix the items if you choose to, or wait for the content creator to fix it.

Fundamentally a preferential treatment for old and loyal.
>>
Another way of looking at this is for the customer loyalty to the developer to ensure that the product continues to get better and better. If everyone took the attitude of "I want the upgrade for free" then
(i) there would be a huge reduction in our revenue
(ii) this would lead to staff lay offs and abandonment of all future development.

It is only with the support of our customers that we can continue to develop Trainz. The choice is totally up to you.
Tony: I haven't answered you because, really, I wouldn't know what to write keeping an educated, civilized line. But I'm going to ask you a question to see if you can give me a solution, since I just uninstalled my TANE because, simply stopped working due to a multitude of errors in the installed objects that, I did not know or, I am not interested in repairing.they are about 70.000 and, almost 40% show errors.
I want to recover my copy of TS2010 EE, I have the serial number. Is this possible?
----------
I have a company that sells services, with thirty-nine employees and more than forty years in the market.
When evaluating my commercial projection, the first thing I take into account is the loyalty of the oldest customers to whom I give a number of benefits and even many of them, totally free and I have never had to fire anyone for that reason.
Autodesk, is a somewhat larger company and, important than NV3 and, gives free licenses to students for three years with the option to renew that benefit. I don't think Nv3 has the strategic knowledge over the rest of the market. Do you? Respect is a term that, in Saxon culture has a very precious value. Just review your concept and the history of your trajectory in front of customers/users.
Thank you.
Miguel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Isn't it time these old news articles were either superseded or archived, given TRS2019 is now at Release Candidate?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back