TRS19 - Early Access Is Coming!

A couple of questions please Tony, which I'm sure will also be of interest to other customers.

Will Steam customers (such as myself) have early access via that platform as well as those purchasing direct from N3V?

What will the early access deal and price be vs. waiting for the full release?

Given the glimpses in the teaser can you now confirm the default routes - the Canadian one obviously, but also looks like a German prototype (very nice) and a Russian route (bring it on!).

Is it just me but i feel that i have not got used to all of Tane yet and still waiting for bug report and a new ones comming out already.

Tom

Times in various locations are:

Brisbane, Australia: Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 6:00:00 am
Moscow, Russia: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 11:00:00 pm
Berlin, Germany: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 10:00:00 pm
London, UK: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 9:00:00 pm
New York, USA: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 4:00:00 pm
Los Angeles, USA (PDT): Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 1:00:00 pm

At this time, we will update a bunch of webpages, shop pages etc and your Early Access choices will be revealed :D

Looks good N3V, well done so far. I like the look of that German route, a shame IMO that no JointedRail routes were considered for inclusion as far as I know!

It looks promising, but I got to ask:
Which parts of that movie are actually shot in game?
As in "could be made by us when we buy the game without using any enhancements"?
And what is the hardware used?

Any chance of file sizes and specs ?
File size: 7.5GB for Early Access. Several more GB for the additional builtin content. 100GB+ for TANE builtin and DLC.

Specs, the short answer is: If you run TANE, you will run TRS19 on "like-for-like" settings at a similar frame rate.

The longer answer is:
Higher end hardware will generally see some improvements on "like-for-like" settings, and some lower end hardware that run TANE with PP off will see a slight performance drop (due to PP being required for TRS19).

There are two main new features that require higher end hardware to work well - Ultra Shaders and TurfFx. If you have mid-range hardware you may need to lower some other settings (like shadows or draw distance) to enable the new features.

Which parts of that movie are actually shot in game?
Every single shot. :)

Last edited:
Good Morning --

Visual and graphic looks awesome. no doubt -- But I've gone for a while, so hopefully there's more then meets the eyes under the hood!

All in all, great work N3V!!!:wave:

Kind regards
Ish

There are two main new features that require higher end hardware to work well - Ultra Shaders and TurfFx. If you have mid-range hardware you may need to lower some other settings (like shadows or draw distance) to enable the new features.

Is this CPU or/and GPU related

Tony navigating his way around the questions that really matter like Ken Block on a gymkhana lap.
Some things never change, I guess.

I am excited for the early access. But I will be stupid and turn TurfFx on anyways on my Windows 7 PC tower even if I did not get a GPU upgrade yet...

But will TRS2019 even be available for Windows 7?... Anyways,it seems TANE is seeing the "Golden years" now...
Oh-N3V....jpg

l
TRS2019 is already replacing TANE...even in the Trainz gallery it has replaced TANE... and TRS2019 early access isn't even available yet...:hehe:

As I always do, I will buy into the new version at some point. Whether or not I do at at the Early Access point depends on several factors, not least of which is the ready availability of British content. The teaser shows American, Australian (naturally) and German stock but Britain, as the birthplace of railways, is conspicuous by its absence.

Back