TRS19 - Early Access Is Coming!

I am excited for the early access. But I will be stupid and turn TurfFx on anyways on my Windows 7 PC tower even if I did not get a GPU upgrade yet...

But will TRS2019 even be available for Windows 7?... Anyways,it seems TANE is seeing the "Golden years" now...
TRS2019 is already replacing TANE...even in the Trainz gallery it has replaced TANE... and TRS2019 early access isn't even available yet...:hehe:
The king is dead....long live the King

As I always do, I will buy into the new version at some point. Whether or not I do at at the Early Access point depends on several factors, not least of which is the ready availability of British content. The teaser shows American, Australian (naturally) and German stock but Britain, as the birthplace of railways, is conspicuous by its absence.

I feel the same.

Moreover, it seems unlikely that any British payware would be made to the high standards of TRS19. That was the case with TANE, in which the included British content was not only sparse but rather old-fashioned in it's construction and details.

I wonder how easy it'll be to update existing routes to take advantage of the new TRS19 graphics features? To convert a TS12 route for TANE required not just the usual migration fixes but also an extensive rework to introduce more of the graphic realism that TANE was capable of, especially for textures, flora and other items lacking the degree of inherent realism that TANE can show if it's in the assets. ...... This seems a likely need for conversion to TRS19, even of already well-constructed TANE routes.

Presumably there'll be a need for content creators to rework ground textures, flora items and so forth. That seems likely to ne a mammoth task, unless I've misunderstood and some sort of automated conversion is possible.

Lataxe

Unfortunately i won't be buying the early access of TRS2019 next Wednesday evening (UK release time) as Wednesday evening is our local Model Railway club.

However, I will be first thing Thursday morning... just can't wait...

I would love to see videos whilst driving with its own sound, not teasers with bgm... This doesn't still convince me, I guess I'll wait for the reviews of other players then, what a shame...

I need new computer to probably run it and that is a year or 2 off but I'll buy in anyway and see if it will somehow run on my 5 year old pc.

Will default broken routes and sidings / signaling and glitches be fix with this new trainz or will it be ignored and forgotten like Trainz A New Era ? They never fixed the Kickstarter County siding glitch with the steam version..................:(

I need new computer to probably run it and that is a year or 2 off but I'll buy in anyway and see if it will somehow run on my 5 year old pc.

If your 5 year old PC runs TANE (as suggested by the entry in your timeline) then it will, according to N3V, also run TRS2019 and very probably on a "like-for-like" basis. In other words the performance slider settings you have set for TANE will very likely be the same for TRS2019. They add a caveat that some systems may experience a drop in performance at the current settings and those settings may have to be dropped back.

For older systems the newer TRS2019 features, such as Turf FX, etc, may require a more advanced GPU, but, according to Nvidia, Turf FX will run on any recent (900 to 1000 series) GTX cards.

My interpretations.

Sigh I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to afford to purchase another Trainz game and my 2011 21.5 inch iMac is approaching 8 years old now I don’t know if it will even run the new version. :(

As I always do, I will buy into the new version at some point. Whether or not I do at at the Early Access point depends on several factors, not least of which is the ready availability of British content. The teaser shows American, Australian (naturally) and German stock but Britain, as the birthplace of railways, is conspicuous by its absence.

I agree. One can draw an analogy with wine, buy young and risk it turning to vinegar, or be patient and wait until it matures into a full bodied vintage! As regards TRS2019, I will wait!

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding British content!

Rob.

I am so looking forward to this release!

I have a high end PC with a GTX 1080Ti so I'm hoping it will run well. Saying that, this is Early Access so I (and everyone else) should expect some bugs and performance issues, that's just part of getting Early Access software. Just like TANE, it will only get better (better than it already looks) over time and I want to be part of that, watching it grow.

It's looking good guys, and it will be a day one purchase for me.

Cheers,

Craig

Being bound by the NDA is killing me. There's a lot I want to say but can't until next week.

You all will be pleasantly surprised when you run the early access version.

...You all will be pleasantly surprised when you run the early access version.

That's encouraging words but one can't help remembering the hideous T:ANE saga! As I say, I will wait for continuous and unbroken positive reports before purchasing, or maybe future discounted offers!

Rob.

Being bound by the NDA is killing me. There's a lot I want to say but can't until next week.

You all will be pleasantly surprised when you run the early access version.

+1 You want to scream it out! lol

I've even ordered a Gigabyte Aorous GTX 1080TI for it to celebrate, hopefully it will arrive sometime next week, got it ordered from the local PC shop down the road, Cheaper than online....
Not sure whether to put it in the i7 or Ryzen Rig the CPU's are pretty matched for gaming, decisions, decisions ;o) Already got a pair of new monitors, the old ones are knocking on ten years old and getting a bit dim!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but, Will it be possible to import all my current routes, assets etc from Tane into TRS19?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Piere.

+1 You want to scream it out! lol

I've even ordered a Gigabyte Aorous GTX 1080TI for it to celebrate, hopefully it will arrive sometime next week, got it ordered from the local PC shop down the road, Cheaper than online....
Not sure whether to put it in the i7 or Ryzen Rig the CPU's are pretty matched for gaming, decisions, decisions ;o) Already got a pair of new monitors, the old ones are knocking on ten years old and getting a bit dim!

Wow! That's like buying a new pair of shoes just because your socks have got holes in them! You must have money to burn - and all for the sake of Trainz?

Rob.

Really loving it myself! Though, the thing that goes through me for months is the antialiasing. In the videos there doesnt seem to be any because of the heavy compression which normally dont happen this much when antialiased.

Will it be possible to import all my current routes, assets etc from Tane into TRS19?

If an asset is working in TANE then I would fully expect that it will also work in TRS2019. Otherwise they would have to launch with only the assets specifically made for TRS2019 and with nothing from the DLS. Of course it is impossible to give an ironclad guarantee on everything, particularly stuff from 3rd party sites.

My opinions only.

If your 5 year old PC runs TANE (as suggested by the entry in your timeline) then it will, according to N3V, also run TRS2019 and very probably on a "like-for-like" basis. In other words the performance slider settings you have set for TANE will very likely be the same for TRS2019. They add a caveat that some systems may experience a drop in performance at the current settings and those settings may have to be dropped back.

For older systems the newer TRS2019 features, such as Turf FX, etc, may require a more advanced GPU, but, according to Nvidia, Turf FX will run on any recent (900 to 1000 series) GTX cards.

My interpretations.
Unfortunately my card is a 600 series and the power supply would have to be replaced. Isn't worth it on my system plus I'm in a bit of a bind health wise waiting for a liver transplant so first things first if I make it that long.

Back