TRS19 - Early Access Is Coming!

Looks like it's going to be a bit before I look into getting TRS19 looking at the current price of it (and I'm not going to be looking into the monthly/annual options as I don't want to be tied into another monthly/annual outgoing just for one game/simulator (I originally thought the monthly/annual aspects would have been for certain Surveyor aspects, not the whole game)).

Shane

Looks like it's going to be a bit before I look into getting TRS19 looking at the current price of it (and I'm not going to be looking into the monthly/annual options as I don't want to be tied into another monthly/annual outgoing just for one game/simulator (I originally thought the monthly/annual aspects would have been for certain Surveyor aspects, not the whole game)).

Shane

Yes me too.

I'm very close to letting go of this TRS19

When I purchase Early access TRS2019 the traditional way and not purchase any fct membership, are my current fcts valid till their use by date?
Or is it mandatory to purchase (my preference) the membership US$39.99 to be able to access the dls and redeem the "My Discount codes" instead. The discount codes are saying invalid when entered into "Order summary" at the FCT page.

Will T:ANE and other trainz versions still have access to the dls?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but there is so much information here at present, I am getting rather confused...or maybe just need some more coffee.

Last edited:
Wow, rofl, I mean really....wow. love how bad the gaming industry is now. Release games unfinished with bugs has been the norm for way to long. Patches that end up breaking more than fixing....IF a patch comes(which btw will be late). Now we get all that crap AND we gotta pay more. I stopped buying ea games before the insanity, seems enough ppl did not, look what we get lol.

Tane was nice, but not enough of a performance improvement with a nice comp from ts12. But broke the ability to edit payware routes(yes...sessions work).
I ain't no fool, join my EA don't buy list N3V. Least you have a friend lol.

Correct Barret - The Gold Class membership includes game access. It looks like we need to make that clearer (although I am not sure how).

For the FCT people - your discount code doesn't affect your active ticket. It will continue to tick down like it does if you don't use your discount code.

Last edited:
On MyTrainz page, it invites me to:
Check the "Product Downloads" section in the left menu to find
links to download the latest versions Trainz A New Era or TRS19.
Code:
Product Downloads
 Download TANE
 Download TMR17
 Download TD2016

I think the page needs an update too.

I just came here to laugh very hard... So what happened to those "demo" concept in the 2000's? To try first the game before actually buying it, I speak for myself, but I think that others share these words of mine too...

If you think I'm going to pay monthly for a demo, think again...

Let me recap, following the "history" of Trainz along these years without "deep" refurbishments to the sim, I was willing to give Auran-N3V another chance with TRS 2019, I will say that T:ANE does look indeed quite stupendous but again, the built in content has much to desire... So here we are today, waiting all hyped up with the early access, with no actual game footage but "artistic-in game screenies", no reviews of what is new in the sim, no driving videos, nothing...

But a video stuck with BGM and no actual game sound... I have to say that using a horn that comes with Trainz 1.1.1 in a new Trainz sim, doesn't help in getting interested in this new version.

As a company you do have the right to do whatever you want and or think is correct, but you'll have to agree with me that you aren't expecting people be happy for an early access, even more when you have to pay for it and there is nothing to actually see...

But a teaser... Oh dear lord... My words might sound tragic, but fortunately I know it ain't the end of the world as we know it, again, don't expect people to be happy if you don't listen to your customers...

Apologies to anyone if my words sound "harsh", but writing is totally different than speaking, still, I think I have the right to say it as I DO want N3V-Auran to give me reasons to actually buy the game, really, I do, so convince me.

So what happens to existing FCT or the old Lifetime Tickets? Mine expires at the end of my life or 06 May 2036 whichever comes first.
Will they continue to work in TRS19 or are the new Silver and Gold classes replacing the existing ones? Are the new ones backwards compatible with previous versions of Trainz or will people need both to get all the benefits?

Bolea - we believe people like TheTiger will convince you...
Wow Tony!
Just had my hands on the early access for the first few minutes.
In a childish way, it felt like when I first started Trainz v1.0. So much progress....
Love the new GUI in drive mode...

And can't wait to spend hours playing around in Drive mode and Surveyor.

Thank you to you and the awesome team and congratulation on the early access release day.
You made my day, and I can not stop smiling, just like I did in 2001. :D:udrool::mop:

martinvk
- No change to your FCT. Check the TRS19 FAQ page for more details on your membership discount.

Last edited:
The incessant whining is a bit much. If it's too rich for your blood, don't buy it. Isn't that simple?

So if I take the gold at 14.99 a month, that's 179.88 for the year right. I already have Tane SP3, so I fell like I'm paying all over again for it just because I have access to it in Gold. This seems a little high for me if I've got all this right. Can you please break this down so I know what I paying for.

Last edited:
What a load of hysteria.

Maybe N3V did not explain things clearly enough on their TRS19 website (but I had no trouble understanding it).

The simplest and easiest option, and the one that I will eventually take up, is to purchase the game outright in the "old fashioned" way from the store with no frills such as annual or monthly subscriptions, or gold/silver memberships. I already have a "lifetime" FCT until 2036 (when the Unix Y2K event occurs but by then I will probably be in the great engine shed in the sky) so the FCT options do interest me. In the past I have purchased some DLC items for TS12 and TANE, but not many, so the options which provide all the DLC likewise do not interest me - I will still be able to "pick and choose" what I want, if I want it.

The price, ~$US70, is steeper that I remember T:ANE costing but to me is not exorbitant and certainly not for something that is a lot more than "just a game". Different people of course will have different definitions of what a game price should be but I note that despite all the criticisms of companies such as EA with their prices for what I see as inferior games, those companies still seem to be doing very nicely. People will always pay, regardless of the price, for something that they like and so far I have not seen anything in this thread that suggests otherwise.

15$/month and when you stop your subscription you'll lose everything. That are a**hole tactics to sell your glorified DRM subscription. I bought TANE-col, for the full price at pre-order. It was a 1 time payment and there is DLC to purchase and a faster download subscription for 3-4$/month which is absolutely fine. Now this, this is just tactics from which Electronic Arts can learn. The subscription should not be 150$ for a year, when you lose everything when you cancel your subscription. Taking DRM and greed to a new level.

So where is the early access for those for do not want to participate in a subscription scam.
Not impressed , you end up paying a lot more than just buying the sim. So if I read this right those who do not want subscription rubbish and want to buy it normally don't get early access until next month? Not what you have been advertising is it. False advertising and letting down many of your long term supporters.
Don't need an FCT I have a lifetime one or is that getting cancelled?

Well being a pensioner i think my journey of a life time may have come to an end
The TS19 - shining brightly dollar signs are a bit rich for me
This game used to be enjoyable now it only seems
the more you enjoy it the more you have to pay
I'll stick with TANE unless things change
Trainz
A
New
End

Back