SR&RL assets help needed

narrowgauge

92 year oldTrainz veteran
Please note that what I am requesting is completely legal as it refers to my own content.

I have a young, financially handicapped contact who is a new narrow gauge enthusiast and is trying to use the SR&RL assets but as he is using TRS2006, the currently available versions will not work. He is further handicapped by an old computer and small hard drive. Hence my request.

I do not have my original versions and the ones available on Trainzone and the DLS have been updated and will not run in 2006.

Does anyone have all the original SR&RL content? If so would you please send everything to me and I will forward the files to him.

Peter

I do not have those assets ... but I am more than willing to help a TRS2006 user, or any other legacy Trainz user, solve problems ... please pass this on to him

Thanks, cascade, I will tell him of your offer.

Norm, your bloods worth bottling! I checked the content on Trainzone and it was all the higher build. I downloaded it to check. Was there something I didn't see. Anyway, I found my copy of 2006 and installed it. I am in the process of loading the files you sent, to check, but the reference to aliased files seems to indicate they are the early ones.

Thank you both again, this is the good side of the forum. Christmas in August.

Peter

Thanks, cascade, I will tell him of your offer.

Norm, your bloods worth bottling! I checked the content on Trainzone and it was all the higher build. I downloaded it to check. Was there something I didn't see. Anyway, I found my copy of 2006 and installed it. I am in the process of loading the files you sent, to check, but the reference to aliased files seems to indicate they are the early ones.

Thank you both again, this is the good side of the forum. Christmas in August.

Peter

Let me know if you need help tracking down any dependencies Peter. BTW srrl20final build 2.2 is on the DLS if you were unaware.

The stuff I sent you is, I'm afraid, mostly build 2.7 but maybe some of it will work.

Last edited:
Norm

Thanks, I don't remember uploading that.

There may be another way out. I see that there is an offer of a free version of Trainz 2009. I have emailed him, if he follows this up the files you provided would work. Meanwhile I'll follow up on srrl20final build 2.2

Bit off topic. Compared with Tane, TRS 2006 is awful, strange to think we were so glad to have it.

Peter

srrl20final <KUID:64598:100351> by woodbrdge

I'll keep digging but I don't think I have anything older. Meanwhile,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This is srrl20final (I've added speedtrees) along with most of the rolling stock I have. Shown in TANE SP3. (I'm not sure what happened to the shadows?)(Edit Fixed that)

Edit: Sandy River from slugsmasher's site.

Last edited:
Bit off topic. Compared with Tane, TRS 2006 is awful, strange to think we were so glad to have it. Peter
All this content and routes were fabulous for latent Trainz users

Please keep this thread going, and post screenshots, to see just how much still operates in T:ANE

Slugsmasher site at http://www.steammachine.com/slugsmasher/ss2_main.htm
SirGibby's site at http://trainzone.co.nz/SRandRL.htm
Are some of the Murchesion and other payware assets still available to order ?

Last edited:
srrl20final, while not, as far as I can tell, geographically accurate, does cover from Farmington to Rangely in 52 miles of track making it one of the longer narrow gauge routes. It contains the interchange with the Standard gauge Maine Central Railroad at Farmington as well as Eustis Junction (with the Dead River Branch not completed), Perham Junction (with the Barjum Branch not completed), Madrid Junction (with the Camp 6/Gray Farm Branch not completed), a junction I can't identify (possibly Phillips), and Strong Junction (with the Bigelow Branch not completed (the entire Franklin and Megantic predecessor railroad has not been created)). All it all a pretty amazing undertaking for an early trainz route!

:D

Back