Need Help

thundrert

Hello, and welcome.

Yes, I've got a problem with two of the engines that I've put up for release in Trainz.

The people who've downloaded the engines and have put them into A New Era have reported a red cloud of smoke that bellows up from the engines when they're put in-game.

I realize that it's a smoke texture problem, but there doesn't seem to be any textures that can go into T:ANE that don't cause that red-ball effect.

Can anyone suggest a workaround?

Can anyone suggest a workaround?

If no-one else is experiencing this problem with their assets then you should assume it is something specific to the way you have constructed them. Without knowing the details of how the engines were built it is not possible to know what may be different about them that causes this problem.

Firstly, your copy of the game (unknown version) is not registered, so no-one knows which Trainz build number your locos were created for (just because they have been loaded into TANE does not mean that they were created for TANE).

Secondly, if you don't have a registered version of the game then you do not have a KUID under which you can upload the locos, so where are they located?

You will need to fix this issue before anyone can offer any practical assistance.

pware - from memory the KUID side is actually allocated when the MyTrainz account is created so I'm not sure whether not having a registered version has a bearing on that.

thundrert - if you are using T:ANE make sure you have put your username and password in the Internet tab of the Trainz Settings box and that T:ANE has access to the Internet.

Shane

I have a registered version of TRS2010 and UTC. Although 2010 is what my primary platform.

I do not use T:ANE. My models were built in sketchup, and they were made for TRS 2010-onward.

They have separate smoke textures, which seems to be the trouble. Unfortunately, I do not know of a texture that will work in both platforms.

I have went through the Help-desk to fix the problem of my games not showing up. Unfortunately either somebody's turned a blind eye to my help ticket, or somebody's dragging their feet.

And as far as the location of my engines, they are not on the DLS. They are on Mediafire,

I have a registered version of TRS2010 and UTC.
Notice how none of those are showing up next to your name here on the forum. This makes it hard to believe and as a result a lot of people will ignore your posts.
To fix that, contact the Helpdesk (see link at the top of this page).

Like I've said. I've posted a help ticket with the Help desk. They have not replied, nor adjusted my timeline to show my programs.

And as far as sketchup being a problem, I do not see how, as there have only been two engines built in that platform that have had the aforementioned problem.

There have been several engines built with sketchup that work fine in T:ANE.

The reason is down to poly count. Some items made in Sketchup are then processed using Blender or similar to reduce the poly count before importing into Trainz.

Shane

Like I've said. I've posted a help ticket with the Help desk. They have not replied, nor adjusted my timeline to show my programs.

And as far as sketchup being a problem, I do not see how, as there have only been two engines built in that platform that have had the aforementioned problem.

There have been several engines built with sketchup that work fine in T:ANE.

Sketchup is a problem in its self. I imagine the poly count is above 10,000? Any LOD?

Register your copy and then we can talk.

Cheerio John

I already mentioned that I HAVE registered my copies of 10 and UTC. And while I submitted a ticket to helpdesk, nobody there bothered to help me. Or at least, they haven't noticed me for some unfathomable reason.

When did you contact them? They work to Australian time so there is a time difference (and they work 9 to 5 as far as I'm aware).

Shane

You might want to update your ticket on the Helpdesk system (log in and use the My Tickets option) - be aware that emails do not always get sent for various reasons.

Shane

Are you logging in here with the same account you registered the game with?

If you are not using the same account, meaning username and password, you will show up here as unregistered.

Check your email junk/spam folder for anything related to N3V to ensure the autoresponse message didn't get tossed.

You can also log in into the helpdesk via link/button at the top of the page, and check "My Tickets" where you can check for a response. If your email got tossed, then this will also have the awaiting response that you received in your email as well.

I am using the same account i belive. I created it when i installed UTC and wanted new additions for it. Then along came TRS 2010. I simply added it to the list.

Assuming the registration problem is resolved, there are still some issues.

You will need to identify these two loco - specifically their KUIDs. It is impossible to provide any support if we do not know what we are being asked to support. I just did a search of the DLS for your uploaded assets under your supplied user name and there is nothing. So where are they?

Secondly, as a number of others have pointed out, assets created using Sketchup do have significant issues in all versions of Trainz. Just one example: you created these items using TRS2010 which does not have LOD support.

:hehe:

Man! That's a HUGE red balloon what's coming out of you're engine!

I think it's not a texture problem, but a smoke color numbers problem.

But this thing is just looking bad.
And heavy: Triangle count 175886

I think no one will like this.

kuidnumber: 525971
Author name: nickboggia

Installed it, looked at it, deleted it.

red balloon.jpg

Sorry...

:confused:

The Triangle amount doesn't affect it. The engine loads easily.

And that doesn't solve my problem.

How do I make that balloon disappear?

How do i change the color numbers?

Nevermind. The problem's fixed now.

Last edited:
Back