Allocating Memory Ram to TANE!

ish6

Since 2001
Morning Everyone --

I'm just curious -- Can one's pc be used to allocate memory increase to TANE? Would that matter in terms of performance!? Etc?

My pc: windows 10 - 32g of ram

-- I know there's a method to increase memory to specific installed programs of your choosing, but it's been years I haven't explored that method! Anyhow, just curious if this makes any different in TANE performances, thus allocating memory to TANE, or just let Windows 10 handle that in the background!

Thanks for any responses!

Ish

TANE is 64 bit so it uses whatever memory is available. You need to get out of the 32 bit world.

TANE will just use as much memory as it requires. Physical memory is best so if you have 8 gigs or more you should be fine. I understand game mode in win 10 will free up memory. You can run task manager to see how much memory TANE is using but you will get a performance hit so just use it to reassure yourself you have enough memory.

The swap file or virtual memory uses disk access. Its nanoseconds for memory and milliseconds for disk roughly a 1,000,000 times slower.

Cheerio John

TANE will just use as much memory as it requires. Physical memory is best so if you have 8 gigs or more you should be fine. I understand game mode in win 10 will free up memory. You can run task manager to see how much memory TANE is using but you will get a performance hit so just use it to reassure yourself you have enough memory.

The swap file or virtual memory uses disk access. Its nanoseconds for memory and milliseconds for disk roughly a 1,000,000 times slower.

Cheerio John

Hello John --
Very informative, sir -- thanks for sharing!!! :wave:
Take Care
Ish

Back