Seats outside the train :Help

zener

I have been using a couple of assets in my layout but am having a problem with one of them. When I use NSWGR 800 Class TB Trailer by davido <kuid:60723:1128> and reverse the direction and run the consist the seats and any passengers on them swing 90' and appear outside the carriage. When I use a near identical asset NSW SRA 800 Class TB Trailer by davido <kuid:60723:1139> the problem doesn't occur (the two assest have a different colour schemes though).
I don't know anything about Gmax but when I use Pevsoft's AssetX and look at whatever code it can show me I can't find any differences that might cause the fault.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this seat problem?
Tks

Welcome to the forums.

Which version of Trainz (including build) is this happening in? The build is the 4 or 5 digit number on the Launcher screen.

Shane

Shane
I'm running build 94916 Tane SP3 but this problem has been happening for quite some time with earlier builds. I usually just put up with it.
I think the assets were submitted by davido back in about 2010

I suspect it may be a program bug so you may need to contact N3V using the bug reporting form in the Trainz A New Era forum.

Shane

It's a problem with the seats not animating properly. A fix was posted in Australian Screenshots Post#33978 by steve123.
"For those who are having trouble with Davido's NSWGR 900 + 800 sets with seating coming out the sides after installing SP3, just delete this line below from the config of each rail car and close the gap by one space up after deleting
anim "900_body/seats.kin"
A config file showing the change is also provided
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
It's a problem with the seats not animating properly. A fix was posted in Australian Screenshots Post#33978 by steve123.

For those who don't want to search through the thread pages (there are thousands of them) here is a direct link to the post.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?189-Australian-screenshots&p=1690346#post1690346

The short answer to the question "what do the posted instructions really mean?" is delete the line containing the very first reference to the tag "anim"

Last edited:
Thanks Pware,

This really needs it's own thread so it is easy to find.

Regards

Last edited:
Same problem with 720/620 set, so I will try that solution for them and report back shortly.
Edit: Now the game won't even start! May have to shut down the pc and reboot...

Last edited:
It finally decided to load the game, but that "fix" didn't work. I am also running SP3 - Build 94916. The problem only affects the rear (620) unit presumably because it gets turned around? I applied the "fix" to both classes.

Edit: For some reason last night the submit edits didn't work. When I corrected that today, the problem was solved.

Last edited:
Back