Could use some help/suggestions related to my PC.

phildo

Hello everyone,

I downloaded TANE a few weeks ago. Haven’t had much time to play with it much. It was running with a tic, reduced all settings to their lowest, and it’s still jumpy. Mainly when I’m using a steam engine and on map areas with a lot of trees. What can I do to correct this? I have Windows 10 and I know the graphics is an AMD Raytheon R4. Past that I’m not fully sure of how to look stuff up. Sound does come through great, and that’s about my knowledge. Was thinking of a different graphics card, but not sure what to do. TANE is the only game I play on PC minus Civilization 5. What would my options be? And how do I find the other settings on this thing. Thanks in advance.

Phil

I strongly suspect you have a built-in graphics card.

https://www.jatws.org/johnw/middleton.zip should work. You'll need a couple of items from the DLS besides.

The ideal machine has a minimum of a GTX 1060 and a 500 watt power supply plus a reasonable CPU, say i5 or equivalent.

Belarc will give you a good idea of what you have. Use their free scanner.

There are some new narrow boats out so you could build a canal system, the nice thing about the narrow boats is they are low poly and use invisible track. The wrong track can kill a low end machine.

Speedtrees do not run well on integrated graphic machines. They were avoided on middleton for laptops. Steam locos in general are high poly, with your system you probably have a poly budget of around 25,000-30,000 polys per scene, a steam loco can run 100,000 polys.

Middleton has a few other tricks to squeeze every last bit of performance out of an integrated graphics system. I take it you have turned shadows off?

Cheerio John

Back