Sound issues with Scripted Detector in TANE (ATTENTION NORFOLKSOUTHERN37)

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
Jointed Rail defect detector question/issue is T:ANE

So, I've been using JR's defect detector on alot of stuff in TS12 and always enjoyed how they added a lot more realism to a route and were very easy to set up. Now when I install them into T:ANE, I have issues with the sound. I did a fresh download of the JR Detectors and Microtalker dependency to see if that would fix my issue but it apparently didn't. In TS12, I could be running my train in the cab, roll over the detector with a 11,000 foot train, and be able to hear the read out after the last car in that train cleared the detector. Now, in T:ANE, I can only hear the read out if I'm in free roam mode and right on top of the detector. I went into the detector config files but didn't find anything that might help fix this issue with the transmission issues (If I'm in the cab, I cant hear it at all.) I'm running T:ANE build 94916 as well if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else experienced this with JR's detectors in TANE? If so, how did you manage to fix the issue?

-Cheers

Last edited:
Update. So, If I'm in the cab and turn back to face the JR detector behind my train, I can hear the voice read back, but if I turn back to look at the front of the train, the voice is no longer heard, still trying to figure out why this is happening.

So, I've been using the scripted defect detector from the JR website on alot of stuff in TS12 and always enjoyed how they added a lot more realism to a route and were very easy to set up. Now when I install them into T:ANE, I have issues with the sound. I did a fresh download of the Detectors and Microtalker dependency to see if that would fix my issue but it apparently didn't. In TS12, I could be running my train in the cab, roll over the detector with a 11,000 foot train, and be able to hear the read out after the last car in that train cleared the detector. Now, in T:ANE, I can only hear the read out if I'm in free roam mode and right on top of the detector or if I turn around in cab and look at the back of my train. I went into the detector config files but didn't find anything that might help fix this issue with the transmission issues I'm running T:ANE build 94916 as well if that makes a difference. It seems that the issue is with the Microtalker script because I managed to put that script into a totally different detector system and I got the same issue with only being able to hear the playback voice if I'm actually looking at the detector.

Does anyone here know what might be causing this?

-Cheers

it sounds like "Process objects behind camera" is not set to true in settings. This is default functionality in TANE. I have an idea for making the sound work again even with that setting on but nothing in the works yet.

it sounds like "Process objects behind camera" is not set to true in settings. This is default functionality in TANE. I have an idea for making the sound work again even with that setting on but nothing in the works yet.

Ohhh, so it's an actual known issue then. Thank you for the info, I'll tinker around with it myself and see if I can come up with anything but would love to be kept in the loop about any future fixes if possible.

Back