Edge County continues.......

roymac

The townsite of Glade..

edgecountyrr12yv3.jpg

The Ponderosa.....

edgecountyrr13vb7.jpg

Grist Mill looking towards the Ponderosa...

edgecountyrr14sn7.jpg

Thurnmont Bridge.....

edgecountyrr15lu0.jpg

Thurnmont Bridge looking back to Grist Mill.....

edgecountyrr16dd9.jpg

Thurnmont Falls......

edgecountyrr17zf1.jpg

roymac

Last edited:
Looks pretty good...Looks like that first pic ya got there with the Liquor store sells XXXX videos...Ours sell the same thing ;)

If thats what it even is...

In what state of readiness is Edge County? Any chance it'll be ready by tomorrow?:D

I have your Pacific Western and despite its apparent heavy foliage, my frame rates are high, 30's and upwards. I even added more trees and acres of grass and weeds with no apparent effect on fps.

I want some more of your routes, and this one looks like a winner.

Hello Roymac,

you are my favourite among the oversea layoutbuilders (oversea=from our point of view :) )... The Thurnmont Bridge is probably the screenshot of the year.

Cheers:
Sura
;)

Hello Roymac,

you are my favourite among the oversea layoutbuilders (oversea=from our point of view :) )... The Thurnmont Bridge is probably the screenshot of the year.

Cheers:
Sura
;)

Thanks Sura! It is always nice to be somebody's favourite. This route I hope will make it to the DLS. In the past such has not been the case with new routes that I have started. Technical issues reared their ugly heads!! However, I have made some improvements to my system spec which I hope will solve those issues.

To "gus1911"...I can't say for sure when the route will be finished. My guess it is about 40% done. It won't be a large route so it might work well as a module of sorts. Keep checking here for updates. Today I was doing some testing with camera angles and station operations.

You say you have added some 'stuff' to my Pacific Western route. Can you provide screenshots?

roymac

Last edited:
Thanks David. When one looks at the screenshots presented on these pages you can't help but be amazed at the creative talent within the Trainz community. Some great stuff both in product and layout design. I take my hat off to all of them.

roymac

Roymac

I can provide screenshots just as soon as I figure out how. Gimme a little time. I did it on the old forum a few years ago but I forgot how.:mad:

Basically I added several industries, a few more passenger stations, several ponds and small lakes with waterfalls, more trestles, more fir trees (strategically located) and lots of grasses.

Here's a few screenies (at roymac's requests) of mods I made to roymacs Pacific Western. I have some other "hot spots" that are better than these. I'll take some screenies of those.
I.bmp

II.bmp

IV.bmp

.........thanks for posting your screenshots showing some of your mods to my route. I think they look good! I hope you continue to enjoy it.

roymac

I am glad you have enjoyed them.....I have made modifications to both of them...Cajon and Western Pacific.......added baseboards and other small changes. I do this because it is sometimes easier to continue on with a theme then to create an entirely new layout. Do you think I should upload them to the DLS??

roymac

What? Should you upload them??!! Is the bear Catholic? That's not right. Does the Pope s.... Nope - not right either. You know what I mean. Get to it, man!!!

looks great. I don't recognize that structure in the second shot (the ponderosa). Is it built-in or on the DLS?

leeferr........I can't remember if it's built in or not. Try the DLS to see if it is there. If not and you want it, I can get the KUID as well as where I got it from Trainz Objects.

To gus1911....I'll see what I can do about uploading them. I caution you though! They are detailed routes with a fair amount of custom content. It may take some work to get all the stuff assuming everything is still available. I say that because it is aTRS04 route........you may know that but I mention it just in case.

roymac

Back