Is anyone playing

Jayco-man

Is anyone playing multiplayer or is it not working? Just would like to take a stab at multiplayer, looks like it would be interesting to play.

You mean know one is playing multiplayer, I would thank that would be the hottest thang going for a train sim. Oh well.

I guess the problem is the fact that Multiplayer sessions show up in routes that you've already installed.

So what would I do to get a multiplayer session started? Go somewhere on the form and say I'm going to have a session on whatever date and what route I'm going to be using and then anyone who wanted to join in could do so.

Players used to post mp scheduled sessions on the forum in this thread stating the route, version, number of engineers, audio channel if any, the time frame and a way to contact the host. When Tane fouled the mp server everything came to a halt. I believe it may be working again. Check with Lockheed in this forum, he was working on the Kickstarter mp session.

Or they actively chat in their discord servers and launch ad-hoc sessions when they feel so or get some others to join. That's usually more instant than posting on forum. Kickstarter got some new iterations by now, activities did also expand to Niddertalbahn, Balzeno and a Large and Small UK route.
Lockheed

I kinda miss the good old days of Trainz MP. But as others have said, yea, TANE sort of screwed things up for anyone with TRS12. And as far I as know, looking at my self at least, there are a lot of things broken in Trainz MP now that make it not worth while to build MP routes and sessions. That said, I get all my MP enjoyment out of other sim's now. *cough*Run8*cough*

As Lockheed already mentioned, we mostly moved this to Discord now. Its a lot more quicker and easier to just start a spontanious round and everyone who has time and interest jumps in rather than planning big beforehand (just to have something in real life to do right at the planned time).

That said, Multiplayer in T:ANE has been pretty stable again since SP3 and TRS19 Multiplayer seems even more optimized. Routes for multiplayer use are also still being built.
Check out either of those Discord servers if you want to play MP is what I suggest:
https://discord.gg/X6bShNR
https://discord.gg/U65DRM8

Greets, Mika

I only rarely played multiplayer back when I was a mobile player. These days, I try to do multiplayer, but some of the built-in assets became Installed, Payware somehow, so I only play TANE by myself. Although, I do kinda want to try out TANE MP one day...

Wow, I've been off Trainz for awhile because MP was completely broken... I thought I'd come to the forums to see if anything new is happening but... looks like nothing has changed - last posts April 8, 2020 & March 18, 2020, before that last year in January...WOW... Unbelievable. I see Jib228 is now playing **cough**Run8**cough**. I used to see him a lot on UMR multiplayer. When everything changed at Auran, so many good peeps left, me included, because there was so much broken stuff. I was even part of the Kickstarter process when it all began. Sad. Razor01

Funny I went the other way after years of Run8. Plenty of people on these forums. Some are bitching and I haven't been here long enough to judge them, or care. Seem to have found many of helpful people show me what does work.

Thanks

sean

I see Jib228 is now playing **cough**Run8**cough**. I used to see him a lot on UMR multiplayer. When everything changed at Auran, so many good peeps left, me included, because there was so much broken stuff.

I still play Trainz from time to time, but not multiplayer. I host some Run8 stuff though, if anyone is interested. https://discord.gg/CMEWkMu

Funny I went the other way after years of Run8. Plenty of people on these forums. Some are bitching and I haven't been here long enough to judge them, or care. Seem to have found many of helpful people show me what does work.

Thanks

sean

I was super into Trainz MP when it came out, and I still hold out hope that one day it'll be better. But the fact that you cant, and never could, save your progress in an MP session meant it was quite discouraging when things would crash or the host would leave. And you'd lose all your work.

And to add to that, the "take 5 of one car to one industry then run those 5 cars to the next industry" mentality that I've seen the last few times I have taken a stab at Trainz MP ruined it for me more. Actual thing that happened on Kick-starter route. I was in the yard making up a short train to run up the mountain. I had all the cars on it for every industry along the way. The idea being that you'd stop and load half the train on the way up, and the other half on the way back. Then sort the cars into new trains to go else where. You know, like things are done in the real world. But then someone else came in, ignored me when I said what I was doing in the yard, took just the 4 flat cars, derailed the rest of the train I was building, then took off. That was the absolute last straw for me and I said heck with this.

UMR was good back in the day. And back when I ran my more prototypical sessions it was fun. Even the FMR & LC route was a fun cooperative route/project. And I knew of at least 4 other routes that where in the works that would have all be great MP routes, But bugs and other issues slowly killed off those projects. Trainz is a fun game, but its multiplayer is very much fallen behind.

Yeah I haven't been that interested on it here. If you can't save what is the point. The save system seems to work really well in single player, and the AI and route building obviously is what attracts me the most here.

I think both Run8 and Trainz could probably learn plenty from each other, but I'm here now and don't touch Run8 these days.

Thanks

Sean

So is there many who do British MP routes? I must admit i'm interested in making my Midsomer Valley line MP but I think i've seen maybe two MP sessions online while I was in game.

where do I start
Start with getting your game(s) registered to your account. Currently none are showing. You will have to have a registered version of the game with multiplayer in order for this to work. This will require you to use the same account in game as here on the forum and/or manual register your serial via My Trainz (see link on top of this page).

Note that this topic is about the PC / Mac version of the game (as the starter of the topic doesn't have any tablet versions).

Back