Very quick - any obvious gotchas with this spec?

Heh! 'Titan Dagger' indeed!
If you want decent frame-rates with T:ANE or TRS 2019 look to use the configuration options below the base combo to replace the Core i3 6100 with a Core i5 8xxx (Coffee Lake) quad core processor (at similar or better core frequency) and the GTX 1050 2Gb with something faster, like the GTX 1060 3Gb or better.
The most important component from a performance perspective here being the GPU.

Last edited:
Ah - don't get fooled by the spec list at the very top - that's the base spec from which you configure stuff.

Actual specs are:

Lian-Li PC-J60WX Midi Tower Case
Intel Core i5-7500 3.40GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Kingston 480GB SSDNow UV400 Drive SATA 6Gb/s 2.5"

There's also a couple of other things like wireless, but those are the important bits.

I can push the price up to £1,500, but I'm not sure there's much there that needs it. I could up the graphics card, but a 1060 with 6GB is already pretty capable (I'm using one already) so I'm not sure it's needed.

As far as Elite: Dangerous goes you seem to have avoided the major problem of running macOS ;)

Ah, would that I had, but I started playing on my iMac before eventually eventually deciding it would be cheaper (compared to the medical bills!) to buy myself a dedicated gaming PC. Which I did.

Mind you, say what you will about the Mac version but it looks stunning in 5K.

I can push the price up to £1,500, but I'm not sure there's much there that needs it. I could up the graphics card, but a 1060 with 6GB is already pretty capable (I'm using one already) so I'm not sure it's needed.

I'd hold off until the new nVidia cards are out.

Cheerio John

Cheerio John

Understood, but I kinda need to order it soon-ish (as in, this week) as my wife's PC is dying. I still feel the 1060 with 6GB offers pretty good bang for the buck.

Incidentally, I think your assets are awesome :)

Cheerio John

Big if John, nothing confirmed by Nvidia yet, So far the Tabloid IT sites have announce release in June then July and now August as basically they are posting somewhat optimistic speculation based on no actual facts.

from one site:

The list of things that we know—that we're absolutely certain are correct and will not change—can basically be summarized into a single word: nothing.

Anything newer than 10XX is likely to be either overkill for TANE and TRS2019 or not a lot of difference and probably a lot more expensive, until Nvidia actually announce and release something, then nobody actually knows what the 11XX or whatever Nvidia decide to call it will be like.

Personally I'd change the case for something a bit easier to fit drives in and cheaper and spend the difference on a 1070 or 1070TI or better!

Well, in a slight twist she now claims she doesn't need a new PC quite that quickly after all, so looks like I'll be holding off until closer to Christmas (or until it actually fails).

Which is fine. Just fine...I'm not irritated at all, and if anyone wants me I'll be over in the corner. Screaming.

Thanks for your input everyone - appreciated.

Back