Whose kuid is it?

zahban1

Hey every one,

Is there a way to identify a user by knowing his kuid? is there a db for this?

If for example I run across an asset in a pack from somewhere, find something interesting which I want to use in a project I plan to publish. Can I track someone down using the kuid?

Google was no help.

Thanks!

The user is the first series of 6 numerals

Sometimes an asset is totally untraceable, as it is from a little known, foreign, or no longer existing site

If you use an asset that is hard for you to locate, people who download your route will never be able to find it

Thanks for the reply.

The purpose would be to find these people and gain consent for redistributing their content. So no known db of user names, let alone a link to their steam accounts or an e-mail address :)

Found it!

Thanks!

In some cases it works, in some the search returns nothing. I took random stuff from my trainz. Any ideea why that would be?

I have a suspicion it might be piracy, since romanian content creators didn't always own an original copy. But I knew pirated version issue a kuid where the user id is -2.

I have a suspicion it might be piracy, since romanian content creators didn't always own an original copy. But I knew pirated version issue a kuid where the user id is -2.

-2 will be assigned when the system doesn't know your user ID. That might simply be because the user has overlooked entering the user ID on the startup page. There should never be a -2 on the DLS because you aren't allowed to upload if you can't be identified. You are more likely to find -2 with assets from unmanaged sites.

Back