Out With the Old and In With the New: MSI GTX 1050TI to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Went from MSI GeForce GTX 1050TI to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition. Haven't had a chance to try it out but I'm sure it'll be a pleasant experience.
uIbKFEA.jpg
BiqQw4R.jpg
QlJHOSc.jpg

I have no pictures to show but I very recently went from an Intel HD built in graphics (don't remember the exact model number) in my old and now dead laptop to a Nvidia GTX 1050ti in my new and very much alive laptop and I am very impressed:D It now beats the Nvideo GTX 750ti in my current desktop.

If you could have waited for another 2 or 3 months you might have been able to update to a new and latest nVidia 11xx card! 10xx cards will soon be obsolete!

Rob.

10xx cards will soon be obsolete!

Unfortunately all too true. When I bought my current desktop a few years back the 7xx cards were "top of the line" but not now. Upgrading is often not as simple as swapping cards (if you can afford it) as power requirements, space, cooling, etc also have to be considered. My philosophy is to "make do" until buying a new system is necessary and worthwhile.

If you could have waited for another 2 or 3 months you might have been able to update to a new and latest nVidia 11xx card! 10xx cards will soon be obsolete!

Rob.

Not for Trainz though. It'll still run just fine and unless TRS2019 fixes the driving mode and rail driver problems plus is leaps and bounds better than T:ANE I'll most likely be staying put.

Unfortunately all too true. When I bought my current desktop a few years back the 7xx cards were "top of the line" but not now. Upgrading is often not as simple as swapping cards (if you can afford it) as power requirements, space, cooling, etc also have to be considered. My philosophy is to "make do" until buying a new system is necessary and worthwhile.

Plus rumour has it that Nvidia are killing off DVI, so need to be careful your monitor has appropriate connectors, many in shops and online mainly smaller monitors, 19,21,22 inch are still VGA / DVI, probably why companies like Ebuyer are flogging them off cheap!

Video Cards of U

:cool: Thank you for pictures on Desktop (wild case display colors) I like it, and the Video Cards, have they changed since I last purchased one in 2009 for a work computer when I was doing Graphics design for reports.......My co-workers couldn't understand why their system's would move like a Slug when they work on Graphics for Photography...As well our Printers too...

Well if you running with cards that had only only, wait for it!

:( 1/4 to 1/2 Gig of memory or if you were lucky 1 Gig, because the powers to be said that was good enough for what we needed? Yah, Right...I built computers for a period of time and new exactly what Ram, and GPU and other items a computer needed to run.......I had to prove myself only a couple of times to the big boss with positive results, and then after that, it was blue skies ahead.......Yikes

Here is a link to Video Card back then that shows how much memory was on the Card.......Quite a bit different today I think........

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258883-33-graphic-card-stole-memory

Plus rumour has it that Nvidia are killing off DVI

Interesting, I had not heard that so I did some Googling and yes! As far back as 2012 some pundits were predicting the death of VGA and DVI "within 5 years" - they missed the date on that prediction but it looks like HDMI will be the future of video displays. My laptop comes with a HDMI connection but not my desktop. None of my monitors have HDMI.

I suspect that we will see a market for DVI/VGA to HDMI adaptors in the near future.

Technically, DisplayPort is superior, and the likely direction most video card and monitor manufacturers will go.
HDMI is still pretty useful, especially for Virtual Reality simulations, which is why the high-end Asus ROG Strix cards still ship with a 2 HDMI and 2 Display Ports + a single DVI.

Rob.

Too bad you don't realize the 11xx card is recycle, revitalized 10xx card parts. And, for anyone that has the 10xx card already, don't blow money on 11xx card, to "upgrade", it wouldn't benefit you much.

Back