California Western Railroad aka The Skunk Train

chatzi473

Hello All.

Kinda new here. Anyways I am working with fishlipsatwork's "Fort Bragg" map to make the California Western Railroad as a route. Working in Trainz a New Era and I have all the track and grades for the mainline at least in place. I am start to work on some of the scenery and towns now.

Does anyone have reskins of CWR locomotives, steam, baldwin diesels, Alco RS11s or the GP9s? Would anyone like to do any reskins? I have no idea how to do reskins, not sure if i even have the right programs on my computer to try. This already is a learning curve project and the most I have ever tried with Trainz but its been fun so far.

Also I want to post some screen shots, how do you attach the images to the forum here?

Thanks you Everyone

Eric

Hello All.

Kinda new here. Anyways I am working with fishlipsatwork's "Fort Bragg" map to make the California Western Railroad as a route. Working in Trainz a New Era and I have all the track and grades for the mainline at least in place. I am start to work on some of the scenery and towns now.

Does anyone have reskins of CWR locomotives, steam, baldwin diesels, Alco RS11s or the GP9s? Would anyone like to do any reskins? I have no idea how to do reskins, not sure if i even have the right programs on my computer to try. This already is a learning curve project and the most I have ever tried with Trainz but its been fun so far.

Also I want to post some screen shots, how do you attach the images to the forum here?

Thanks you Everyone

Eric

I know Saturnr and Tigerko15 are making 45 for Trainz

I know Saturnr and Tigerko15 are making 45 for Trainz
45s, the Baldwins, the RS-11s, GP-9s were underway, Baldwin 56, Subs, MU Cars, and Stillwells. I was working hard on it, but real life has gotten busy. I have a route as well, made by another helper.

I was wondering if anyone was making the route with the dem. I was going to try to build at least half of the route from Fort Bragg to Northspur, 20 miles but the tiger data for the track isn’t accurate. I would have to look at a map showing the correct position and alignment of the track. Are bridges mostly wooden trestles? What Trainz tunnel would be best? How far did you get with your route? When you lay track, the grade isn’t accurate. You have to figure out the grade yourself and use the terrain tool to make the ground smooth under the track and make cuts and fills.

Back