Smart Signal question

csx10020

I do not know how to completely elaborate on this question, but is there a way for an intermediate signal to display the diverging aspect for the upcoming siding? In the scenario route I have, the intermediate will display the diverging aspect, but the signal for the siding should be a 4 light indicated Safetran CLS-20R (G, Y, L, R), but I am only using a 3 light aspect signal since a 4 light aspect has not been made yet. For the intermediate, I am using the Safetran CLight signal 06 left-diverging. When I place a train in front of it and the switch is set for the siding (left diverging), the signal gives me a non diverging aspect. I assume it is because the next signal which is for the siding is single headed? I would set up the signal for the siding with two signal heads, but it defeats the realism of what the route is based off of.

Thanks!!

I do not know how to completely elaborate on this question, but is there a way for an intermediate signal to display the diverging aspect for the upcoming siding? In the scenario route I have, the intermediate will display the diverging aspect, but the signal for the siding should be a 4 light indicated Safetran CLS-20R (G, Y, L, R), but I am only using a 3 light aspect signal since a 4 light aspect has not been made yet. For the intermediate, I am using the Safetran CLight signal 06 left-diverging. When I place a train in front of it and the switch is set for the siding (left diverging), the signal gives me a non diverging aspect. I assume it is because the next signal which is for the siding is single headed? I would set up the signal for the siding with two signal heads, but it defeats the realism of what the route is based off of.

Thanks!!

Try placing an invisible signal on the diverging line prior to the next switch, or before the end of track if it's a spur.

:B~)

I don't entirely understand the question, but an 06 left-diverging signal is not an intermediate and a single head signal can not display divergence. You may be wanting a singe head at the siding that isn't bonded to the siding track so it displays restricting when the switch is open, that is all I can think of from your description but far as I know none have been set up that way (but it isn't impossible) it would just take a 4 lens signal head configured to be an 06.

If you are using a different signal type, as in one from the dls made by someone else then it may be that it just uses some made up number to return the aspect, and the 06 signal does not understand it.

I suppose showing what I'm talking about would help to the question.
Intermediate: https://flic.kr/p/2856Pdt
Siding: https://flic.kr/p/29nN5oW

Justin, would there be a way to code one of the single headed 3 lensed signals to display out a restricting (flashing red)? and if so, would the signal before it display out a diverging aspect or would it give out a yellow over flashing red?

If the signal ahead is displaying restricting then yes the 06 (technically should be 06d) would show an approach restricting (Y over fR).

Thank you. I don't know what type of signal protocol the real life line would be under, I've heard ABS, Dark Territory, and CTC. My second idea is now to see if I can script the signals to automatically display restricting within a block after the train passes rather than manually clicking "display restricting."

I'm thinking this is where the signal offsets come in handy...

Last edited:
What are the settings for the signal, If I'm looking at correctly it should be set to the right as the main?
Dean

Back