Problem with SP GP9 and AI.

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I've been having a problem, which just gets weirder.

I bought the SP GP9 for my layout, which is mostly automated. Now I have a group of commands, it loads it's coal wagons under the mine chute, it pulls upto a trackmark, decouples from it's wagons and is supposed to go forward to another trackmark.
Once decoupled Trainz complains "Awaiting for Track Clearance", the signal ahead is green!
You're thinking, but this is Trainz's dodgy AI right? No, the signal is green! I've replaced the signal, the track, the trackmark. Same result.

Why are you posting about this JR loco? I hear you cry...
Well this is what is frustrating me... I changed the loco to another GP9 by someone else, same schedule. This time it's fine, the loco moves forward and completes it's schedule.
To test it, I put the JR GP9 back... It decouples, and just sits there complaining about track clearance.

Now the next level...
I change the engine spec on the GP9 to a random enginespec in the list... result, it decouples and moves forward!
Next test... remove the decouple command. So it stops where it usually decouples, but just moves onto the next command. Result, it moves forward and completes the schedule!

And the final test, which confuses me even more. I remove the load command from the coal mine, so it just travels through the mine. Result, it decouples and moves forward fine.

I know nothing about enginespecs but for some reason once the GP9 is decoupled it can't move (But only after loading at the coal mine!?) , but Trainz complains about 'Track Clearance' when it doesn't if it's a different loco, enginespec or it doesn't decouple.

Can JR look into this? Try to replicate it? I am a little frustrated as I bought this loco to serve this purpose.

Hi Davie.

Are you using T:ANE SP2?

There is an issue with that version where the AI ignore green signals and sit there dumbfounded while throwing up exclamation points as if to throw up their hands, and also have and adverse reaction to track marks and junction levers as well.

Upgrading to SP3 has resolved that problem pretty well as far as I can tell.

Hi Davie.

Are you using T:ANE SP2?

There is an issue with that version where the AI ignore green signals and sit there dumbfounded while throwing up exclamation points as if to throw up their hands, and also have and adverse reaction to track marks and junction levers as well.

Upgrading to SP3 has resolved that problem pretty well as far as I can tell.

That would be hopeful, but I am on SP3 and it works fine with other locos just not the gp9 in this situation.

Dumbfounded

Back