Angled intersections?

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
So, I'm pretty decent with making intersections and things like that with roads and what not, but I've run into a little problem that has kept popping up for a while now on a route I am working on when I'm not busy with the Texas State Railroad route. I am finding that alot of roads nearly anywhere you go have angled intersections much like in the below image, and I can't for the like of me honestly figure out how to mate angled roads together with out making the intersection look "trashy." I've posted a below image of a particular intersection I'm needing to place, and below is an image of what I have so far. I can't really use a T-Intersection item here because of the angle. I've tried using short road sections to fill the gaps in but it didn;t really turn out that good either.

TQblR7X.jpg
[/IMG]
JHkhbd7.jpg
[/IMG]

So often the available angled intersections are the wrong angle, or the wrong size for the space! I've mostly given up on them because with a little practice you can make a better-looking intersection with roadway and maybe a dab of "paint" at the corners. The crossing should be straightened sections of road with approximately equal elevation on the vertices. If you want vehicles to make the corner, use an appropriate invisible road. I find in TANE carz will follow the direction you install it, while crossing cars are mostly unaffected, that is, they follow the original alignment. Putting in signs and lights takes a little more time. I'm not sure if the poly count is worse than the pre-builts but haven't noticed any performance issues with my admittedly small routes. If the roads approach the intersection on varying grades you might have to use a few extra spline points and fiddle them to make it look right.

:B~)

Back