Behind the scenes of a screenshot

euromodeller

Imagineer
We all have our likes in Trainz, whether it be creating routes, driving, content creating, scripting etc..
My 'like' is making routes and along the way I make screenshots of what I make.

One of my recent screenshots is of a plant used for generating heat for industries on my Region Remberg fictional route based in Germany.
I could not find what I wanted on the DLS so I cobbled together something out of bits and pieces that were readily available, a sort of model kit but you had to get all the pieces seperately.
It may not be 100% accurate, but to me it does the job.
I could learn blender etc. but that would take me away from what I like doing best, creating routes and kit bashing.

Here's some of the parts I used for the main building..

The-heating-plant-kit%21.jpg

View of assembled parts from S.W.

The-heating-plant-2.jpg

View from N.E.

The-Heating-Plant-3.jpg

View of the yard from the North

The-Heating-Plant-4.jpg

View from the East.

The-Heating-Plant-5.jpg

View from above

The-Heating-Plant-6.jpg

The screenshot, with added background buildings.

Remberg-Heating-Plant-Coal-Yard.jpg

Only another 599 baseboards to fill now :D

Last edited:
Great work and great idea for a New Thread all on it's own i think as for people like myself who couldn't build a route to save them selve's i love to see how the master's do it.
Thanks for sum great inspiration.
Cheers Mick.:)

Great work and great idea for a New Thread all on it's own i think as for people like myself who couldn't build a route to save them selve's i love to see how the master's do it.
Thanks for sum great inspiration.
Cheers Mick.:)

Thanks for the compliment, but I am not a Master, just a regular route builder still learning tricks at the age of 67 :)

Back